Most Efficeient way to consume oil WITHOUT a skillet or dome.

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by burninbudz, Jan 9, 2011.

1. So heres the deal blades/bladies, I want to make /smoke some BHO but i dont have a skillet or dome for my rig. I want to buy one but i dont have the funds to drop right away.

So in the mean time, whats the most effecient way to smoke some oil? I had a few ideas, you can tell me which ones work/dont work and which method is best.

- Dabs of oil on top of a thin layer of bud
    - Oil on 3-4 screens with a glo-rod or torch
    - Hot Knives

Those are the only way i could think of at the moment, any suggestions would be awesome.

Im hoping to make a big batch of BHO before i move in a few weeks.

Cheers.

2. Kind of a tweak on hot knifing: Get a large plastic bottle such as a 32 oz Gatorade. Cut a decent size rectangle out of each side. With the bottle on a counter or something, put a hot knife through one side's rectangle and your dab through the other. Inhale through the top as you dab the hit.

I have never tried this and kind of just made it up, but it should work. Be careful not to touch the bottle with the hot knife. As far as where I got the idea I had a broken bong, so essentially just a glass tube, that I used to smoke oil. I would hold it and inhale while a friend dabbed the hit at the other end for me. Same concept except you can use the bottle solo.

3. I use a nail/dome set-up , but If I dont use it, I just put it on top of a nice bowl, it makes the bowl last forever , and gets you really high aswell.

4. Hmm... I acctually have a broken bong i could use for this... Thanks for the awesome tips :D

Thanks for all the help guys, +rep to you both.

Cheers.

5. exactly wat russy said
    put a metal screen in and load like half a bowl then oill the top and ur gooooood
    one of the best ways to enjoy oil

peace:smoke:

6. #6 gone4good, Jan 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
    the best way is a healthstone vapor slide but since you dont have one...pm sent

if you use a jet lighter it works better, regular bics dont vape the oil as efficiently, they just more or less melt it (prolly why it lasts so long)...i personally dont care to mix the two.

7. taking knife hits works well but, some old hippies here just smoke a fat bowl of flower, and when its cashed they pack the herb ash down to clog pipe ole and drip or drop a dab on the ash and rip it lightly. the ash doesnt burn, and u get a fat dab out of it. bit unhealthy but works outdoors very well (heard cigarette ash works better but dont know if i wanna rip cig ash)

8. i dont mean to hijack this thread, but i have a somewhat different version of this question.

what is the best efficient to consume oil without inhaling smoke or vapor?

i ask because my father has a stoma from prolonged cancer of the vocal cords, a hole in his throat that he can not smoke through, he has tried. his best bet as of now is home made edibles, brownies and such.
    what are everyones thoughts on oil on the tongue, and applications that are similar?

9. to make a legit contribution to the thread, if i dont dab on a glass of Ti nail on one of my oil capable pieces, i would smear oil ontop of flower in whatever i felt like smoking out of. thats what i used to do before i has any oil rigs. its decent, but it does not compare to a vapor hoot of oil from a nail and dome.

also, im not a fan of health stone glass stuff. their name basically is a direct contradiction, i do not want to inhale butane from my torch through a "health stone". i would use my vector urbano triple pocket lighter instead of the nitro, but still that uses a can of vector every 3 or 4 weeks. i dont care if the butane is refined 800 times or 5, its butane and i dont want to i hale it.

10. ya man totally. He can eat it and it stilll has amazing effects. all you need to do is put a litttle oil in a capsule, or throw it in anything your cooking. An easy way to cook with it would be to just add some errl to some butter and use it to cook with. hope i helped!

11. whats the best way to get it off my scrapper, onto my bowl of flower?

12. what are you using as a scraper? id say to get it all onto one surface, and get a dabber or "pokey" of sorts thats flame retardant and get a little dab on it, and hold a flame to the middle of the dabber so it heats the metal and thereafter oil up and it should drip right on to whatever you want it to.

13. I'm using a mini flat head. Don't heat it up directly? lol

14. no dont heat the oil up directly or its will just burn.....bro just get a paperclip scrape a dab up and heat the paperclip up with a lighter and it will drop right off

15. Since I'm poor I use a hookah coal, a paperclip, and a plastic tube. I'll get an oil dome one day lol.

16. yea ive found that heating a butter knife ,then using a paperclip and a bic pen works wonders. your knife will not look the same afterwards fyi

17. I didn't want to buy a whole nail and dome set yet because they're a tad expensive (my local headshops usually seem to have good deals, but for some reason their dome sets are super pricey.

anyways, I went to my lhs that sells a lot of china glass, knives, etc. and bought this bent bubble and a $4 torch lighter. the tiny hole is kinda hard to dab through, but it works perfectly, and I only spent 10 bucks.

oh yeah, it makes a seal because I slapped on some black o-rings (the same kind that would be on those rubber grommet bongs) that I had from ordering things on bodyartforms too many times haha

here's a pretty shitty not-even-milk, I'd remake it but I'm already way too high this morning:
    Movie on 10 3 12 at 9 42 AM - YouTube

18. [quote name='"Graf Orlock"']Since I'm poor I use a hookah coal, a paperclip, and a plastic tube. I'll get an oil dome one day lol.[/quote]

Thats how I started lol my hubby thought I looked like a crackhead so bought me a micro bubbler with a skillet....... Now I want something bigger with a nail lol

19. could it be possible to just heat a needle till its red hot, and then press it on a piece of earwax hash and inhale witha tube ??? any ideas i have nothing esle to smoke with

20. i just heat up a hot knife, take the bowl off my bong, lay the knife partly into the joint but paralell to the ground. just dab off the hot knife.