"Money can't buy happiness." Bullshit.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Purple Drank, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Well that can be true in ways...

2. Having moneys not everything, not having it is.

Money can make you happy to an extent, but alot of money just creates problems. Noone can argue and say that its not fun to be able to buy anything you want or need, without having to worry about it.

3. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

4. Money cannot buy happiness,
    But it can by me a house on and island someday, and from what ive learned in the last year bulking my savings account and going 99% debt free, it sure can lessen your stress level.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Money buys blowjobs, that makes me happy yo

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Money can buy you things to make you not focus on your unhappiness. It doesn't give you happiness it covers up sadness thru a false image of happiness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. As parents, we end up doing peculiar things for our kids for the sake of our love for them. Have you ever stayed up till 2 a.m trying to glue glitter for your child’s art project or driven halfway across town to deliver an accessory that was left behind at home? How about trying to bribe your teen into attending college. As parents, we have all been there and done that – our tribe knows how weird we can get. However, one of the strangest things we are guilty of is loving our children more than our partners.

8. Zsa ZSa Gabor said, "If money can't buy you happiness, you're shopping in the wrong place."
    Seriously, money and (true) happiness are unrelated.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Connections are the most reliable indicator of bliss. At the point when we have individuals in our lives who we love, we're bound to be content. What's more, eventually, that is something that cash can't accepting. Of course, there may be individuals who need to invest energy with you since you have a great deal of cash. Yet, those will not be certified connections, and they aren't probably going to bring enduring bliss.

10. Money won't fix all my emotional issues... But that doesn't mean I'm refusing any offers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. #91 shattascam, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Money ruins everything

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Not to folks with bills it sure TF doesn’t.

j

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Inanimate objects can't ruin or do anything. It's peoples mismanagement of money, unhealthy love of money and greed that ruins things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. #94 shattascam, May 19, 2021
    Last edited: May 19, 2021
    Yup, should have clarified. Work hard play harder. Don't even wanna be rich and I'll never be rich. Just stable and content. Took a job as a roofer rather than work at Jeff Bezos Amazon. Had to choose and I'd rather do another summer of physically bust my ass and work with pirates than work for the richest man in the world like every other mfkr there. Half the guys on trade jobs burn it on the job anyway so bonus lol. At least the skills from the trades u learn don't go away and then u start from the bottom every new job u get. And still gonna finish my degree. Someday I'm gonna be a musician

15. Money releases stress if handled properly, changes life styles for the better, and creates opportunity.those 3 things make ppl happy.

16. Maybe not true happiness and I’m guessing that this is especially true for folks that were born into money and have never known living paycheck to paycheck or making the decision between food or heat -

but as @GorillaGherkin stated above, it sure can relieve stress and that starts the smiles.

J

17. I concur my friend !

• Like Like x 1
  18. Money may not buy happiness but it's a hell of a lot more comfortable being sad in a Rolls Royce than on a bicycle.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. I read about that study.

Recent lottery millionaires were compared to people who had recently been brutally handicapped in car accidents (paralysis, loss of function, etc). The happiness of the lottery winners skyrocketed right after their win, and the happiness of car accident victims dropped through the floor right after their accidents.

Within a year, both were back to 'normal'.

I think money does not give as much happiness as a source of enjoyment, but happiness as a source of safety, possibility and stability for you and yours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ever notice that people who say things like 'Money can't buy happiness' are usually rich people? I'd rather be unhappy and rich than otherwise... :)