"Money can't buy happiness." Bullshit.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Purple Drank, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Man... i sure as hell know i would be even happier if i got a lot of money! This is the truth... it makes a happy person even happier.

If you are miserable, it temporarily makes you happier, but then you go back to being miserable. It doesn't solve your miserableness :smoke:

Im ufcking stoned, but i KNOW that makes sense :smoking:

2. op i hope you do make a shit ton of cash one day so you'll learn it's not true. imo the less money-hungry people in amierca the better off we would be.

3. I agree with it making you happier, and then back to wherever you where in the first place after a while. I also believe it can enhance happiness..but going from sadness to long-term happiness, definitely not.

4. i support OP`S first post . the amount of things you can do depends on if you can afford it or not so having more money is always better. but money is the root of all evil. if it werent for making money, cars and everything else would most likely run on some alternatice renewable fuel instead of oil.

5. Everyone has their problems. The incredibly wealthy just have more expensive problems.

6. In a conspicuous consumer culture, money can definitely buy happiness.

7. Money doesn't buy happiness. As you mature, you'll realize this.

I've been with out money, and have it now. I'm no happier now, then I was before. Happiness comes from within, not from shit you can buy.

Some of the happiest people I've ever met have been in the poorest countries in the world. Clearly they know something that we do not.

8. I find it a lot easier to be happy when I know I have a place to sleep, food to eat, and a roof to live under. Money may not buy happiness but it sure as hell makes it a lot easier to be happy.

9. this is what an OG told me filthy rich and dying lonely, "fuck a benz and fuck a rolly life is what you make it homie"

10. Money = Weed = happiness?

Statement of truth. Not to mention all the other crazy shit money buys.

(inb4 "LUL U CAN GROWZ WEED 2 THO") That also cost some sort of money.

11. Money won't buy you happiness but it will sure buy you a big black guy to penetrate you.

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StCoClvLb4Y]YouTube - Noah Jordan - U Mad? (Official Video)[/ame]

13. more people should try being poor as dogshit before they say money doesnt buy happiness. mac n cheese and ramen forever does not = happiness. i dont know what planet people live on here, but EVERYTHING costs money. the consensus here seems to be that happiness is being a hobo. everyone here has a house and computer that money bought that is making you happy right now. it isnt about having nicer things than other people, its the feeling of security and well being not being broke gives you. no one said that you had to have lavish things.

14. Money can buy happiness, of course.

But only if it's YOUR money... and not someone else's money...

Only the money in your hand can buy you happiness... Not some imaginary money that you wish you had, but you don't.

In fact, thinking about the imaginary money will only make you depressed.

So,

I guess the moral of the saying, 'Money can't buy happiness' is,

Don't wish for something you don't have.

15. Ok here's why that fraise is around. In the 80s they did a study on lottery winners and people who inherened a lot of money and followed there level of happyness. When the first got the money their happyness jumped to a high level and stayed there for about a year. After the first year they were no happier then before they got rich. After 5 years being rich becomes
    Boring and adds a ton of stress, you end up less happy and more drepessed than if you never got the money in the first place, hence money can't but happiness.

16. It all really depends on the persons character. I have known miserable wealthy people and happy poor people and also the reverse.

It depends on what you do with or without your money. If you use your new wealth to give back to the world and to follow your hobbies than it would be perfect. If you use it to party all the time and get fucked up trust me it will get old so fast you have nothing else to do but wonder what the fuck happened and end up more miserable than when you started.

Happiness comes from within. Your outlook on life and how you lead it determines your happiness not wealth.

17. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l3z5EAykVE]YouTube - Daniel Tosh - Money And Happiness.wmv[/ame]

18. money=happy
    simple as that. havin a bad day, go buy a new porche, day not bad anymore...

19. That's a good way to put it.

20. I know for a fact that money can buy my happiness.

money = lotsaa weeed