"Money can't buy happiness." Bullshit.

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Purple Drank, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Ever since I was younger I never understood that phrase. It just doesn't make any since. I'd say roughly 95% of everything that could possibly make me happy can be obtained one way or another through money. So why the fuck does that phrase even exist? I guaranfuckingtee you I can buy myself a good chunk of happiness with an equally good chunk of money. My happiness would be directly proportional to the amount of money I'd have. It'd be great.

inb4 pretentious fucks talking about how I've been brainwashed since youth to think that cars bitches and bling are great, or how i don't appreciate my family or how money can't buy you love (it sure as fuck opens up a lot of situations where I can find some) or some other condescending bullshit

2. I think it's harder to be happy if you have no money, but that you still can be, and I think it's easier to be happy if you have lots of money, but that you might not be.

3. I support this post.

4. I think that it's POSSIBLE to be miserable while being rich, but you gotta fucking work at that shit. If I felt sad about something and I had millions to blow, I'd buy an expensive hooker-slave person and murder them or something. With that amount of money nothing would really get me down for too long.

5. If you were a homeless nobody, you could kill a hooker once a month and probably totally get away w/ it though.

6. I once saw a study somewhere of lottery winners and they discovered your happiness doesn't realy change. If you were unhappy poor your likely to be unhappy rich. If you were happy broke you'll be just as happy wealthy.

So if you're the type to see the cup as half empty, money isn't going to make it half full.

But the rat race must continue so yeah money will be great even though you'll have to watch your back every second and you won't know who really cares about you. Go for that cheese.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Not very long, but very profound. The man speaks truth about happiness.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXdhHn8L65o&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Dalai Lama Finding Purpose in Life[/ame]

8. u can have all the money and material items in the world but if u are not happy within it doesnt matter

9. Money buys pleasure, not happiness.

Happiness, imo, involves fulfilling what you see as your potential as a human. Which can be whatever you see it as. Money included, but not limited to.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I have found that giving to others is the most rewarding thing I can do.

• Like Like x 1

11. my dad worked in the finance industry most of his life. he worked for bear stearns, and then when that crashed he moved to j.p. morgan.

he was a high-up employee and made close to a 7 year salary. He had a serious alcohol problem, and when I was 8, my mom divorced him for his problem.

although he could easily afford an apt. in nyc with a great view and tons of extra spending cash, he was constantly depressed and hated his job. he resorted to taking many other drugs, including starting a serious vikodin binge.

At one point he was taking 16 a day. This past summer, he died of acute pancreaitis due to his drug and alcohol problem.

does that sound like a happy person to you?

12. #12 Purple Drank, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2011

should have spent his money a bit better

probably wouldn't have to deal with that being dead thing

edit: 16 vic a day doesn't really mean shit without dosage, but we can't talk about other drugs on this forum so i won't go into that

disrespect doesn't fly here -UB

13. i hope u make all the $$ in the world and get aids soon after

14. #14 Purple Drank, Apr 8, 2011

baby boi ain't you seen south park

money functions well as a cure for aids

shit at least i won't drink and numb myself to death

thats just not cool man, disrespect doesn't fly here -UB

15. #15 rex8000, Apr 8, 2011
    So you believe if you are rich you will be happy, I know that's your entire point, but is that your ultimate goal in life?

Are you not afraid that your entire life will be consumed by money? And greed?

16. Money will make an "OK" person happy, but there are some holes you can fall in to in this life that no amount of currency will get you out of.

If you think otherwise, you likely have not been there yet.

17. Being rich is a nice goal. Sure.

I watch my step carefully.

18. I don't make crazy money...But its pretty fucking good. More then I could spend anyways.

The novelty wears off man...In the end your at the same place you started, just with more money and nicer things. Also, I have learned that unless your freinds make a shitton of cash too you ain't doing nothing but the same old shit with them.

Like was said earlier, money buys pleasure. Not happiness.

19. Ultimate goal, is that your ultimate goal in life? And I mean you, personally.

20. Life rarely cares if you're watching or not, sir. :p

Life's a bitch. Good saying, ironically enough.