Mold on dried bud??

Discussion in 'Bud Shots' started by Brundel, Dec 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. this is from a Durban poison plant that had a little bud rot. I of course removed all the buds that had bud rot while the plant was still living.

I have since trimmed and dried the buds and some of them have a slight discoloration to them. As I am new to smoking in general I was wondering if someone could help me to be able to ID botrytis on dried bud....

On the underside and inside of the suspected buds there is a light brown color. However it smells just as good as all the other buds without the discoloration.

Thanks

2. It'd help if u added pictures dude...

• Like Like x 2
  3. LOL. Sorry I must have messed up loading them.

Attached Files:

4. Hard to tell. When you pull at it, does it break like wet paper very easily, if so rot. If it's like regular weed I'd smoke

5. Nope, breaks apart like regular bud. So, when I smoke it what are the telltale signs that i have smoked a bud that is moldy? Does it taste rancid or something?

6. Taste probably closer to resin, may hit ya hard in the throat.

7. #7 Bigdaddy76, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    If it’s mold you’ll taste it smoking it. Also the stem will be discolored if it’s Bud rot. People usedto purposely make their weed moldy to improve strength. However not same as bud rot. That was in the brick, dirt weed days.

8. Improve the strength of what? The smell?

Does the mold interact with terpenes or thc in another manner?

9. Makes it more stoney. You’ve got to remember some of the brick weed, back in the day, was total garbage. There was NO terpenes and very little THC. You can’t apply the mold, making it more Stoney, to anything thats around today. When im in Mexico, the brick weed is even smokable now, after removing hippy grenades and stems.

• Like Like x 1