Miracle Gro

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Weedsmoker419, Aug 1, 2019.

1. Even outdoors can provide inadequate lighting if say something is in the way casting a shadow or just blocking the sun for even part of the day. I've been there. I have a feeling that greenhouse is also hindering some light penetration with the green laticing

• Like Like x 1
  2. If you’d be interested in saving money, everything they talk about can be done, much much cheaper though. Dr. Root aka rooting hormones and mycorrhiza can be replaced with cinnamon powder and aloe Vera (home grown aloe.). I am using VAM to dust my clone roots/seeds at the very beginning of the plants life.

Ez tea veg is replaced with Alfalfa meal and Malted Barley Grain.

Ez-bloom can be replaced with a Banana Fermented Fruit Juice and a little Fish Bone Flour.

Trigger is replaced with Kelp meal and Ful-power (Humic Acid).

I’d be happy to share my grow schedule and all my recipes if you’re interested. . It’s also all on my thread below.

“A garden is a delight to the eye and a solace for the soul.” - Saadi
    Prepper420’s No-Tillin Adventure!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I’m definitely interested. I used fox farm with an added cal mag for years, polishing off the last of it on my first auto plant. Just got into nectar for the god bc of the good user reviews. I’ve been interested in organic and no till but don’t have the space/time atm. I bought the whole romans Regimen line at once..(wanna give it a few grows to see how it does) the veg tea is all I’ve used so far.. planned on getting the bloom one also for this grow. Then nxt round add the rest. I’m going to check out ur link!

• Like Like x 1
  4. #44 Prepper420, Sep 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    That gives you some time to work on your worm farm. Can learn all about that here: Vermicomposting (Make your own Worm Castings)
    Vermicomposting (Make your own Worm Castings)

Creating high quality worm castings is the corner stone of No-Till gardening.

Veg schedule:
    Sunday: Malted Barley Grain top dress.
    Monday: Nothing (water as needed any day)
    Tuesday: Nothing
    Wednesday: Foliar Feed: per gal: 1 tbsp Fish Hydroxylate, 1 tsp Ful-Power, 1/2 tsp Yucca Extract.
    Thursday: Soak Kelp meal with ful-power in glass jar. Don’t add Yucca until right before use on Sat.
    Friday: nothing
    Saturday: Foliar Feed: per gal: 2 tsp Kelp meal, 1 tsp Ful-power, 1/2 tsp Yucca Extract.

The veg schedule is continued into the first 2 weeks of flower.

When plants go into flower, I top dress Fish Bone Flour and Kelp meal. Malted Barley Grain gets top dressed the first 3 weeks of flower, weeks 4-7 Banana FFJ at 2 Tbsp per gal. Weeks 8-9 is just plain water and letting the plants finished out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I live nftg. If u have any questions holla

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. My point was that your friends would do as well as theyre doing by using a mycorrhizal innoculant a single time, generally during the first seedling or clone transplant. They could very well be doing fine but simple truth is that once a plants roots are infected with the correct fungus, it doesnt leave but keeps on living and filling in the space available for the life of the plant.

This is proven science and is well documented.

Your friends could be simply seeing the residual results of the first use. As i said earlier - a single fungal spore of the correct strain can and will take care of business - and unless an anti fungal agent such as sulphur, harsh chemicals or over fertilization happens then theyre there to stay.

These fungus have such an incredible relationship with the host plants - with the host plant providing life giving food to the fungus that the fungal hyphae will actually carry nutrients over distance - carrying specific nutrients that the plant needs at that specific time - and feeding them directly INTO the plants roots.

No need to get upset. Have a good day.

Peace

J

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nice link, good read. Do u use this method? But that only a small part of it all right? Lol. Everything u named there, do u barley grain, banana th? Fish bone flower etc etc.. do u make it or buy it?
    i would do some research on cultured bilogix instant teas. Watch the YouTube videos on NFTG and cultured.. that’s what I was instructed to do by many users of the products It is not a one and done thing tho. They have four different kinds, rooting, veg, bloom, and some other one I forget the name of. And they are not my “friends” it’s growers all over the world who have used it or are using it that I speak to about the products.

8. That is my method, I would never suggest something I haven’t tried myself. I have to buy the Malted Barley Grain at a home brewer store, $48 for a 50lb bag. The bananas and brown sugar I get at the local grocery store. Fish Bone Flour and everything else is bought from buildasoil.com
    rockdustlocal.com

I try to get everything in 50lb bags because it’s a much better price overall. Also cuts down on repeat orders and paying extra in shipping over time.

I grow and make my own Comfrey meal, Neem tree leaf meal, Aloe Vera, and grind up the egg shells from my chickens. Also mix their dirty bedding with grass clippings and create a nice thermal compost pile which I bring in and use as the Compost part of my soil mix. I’ll also go get free horse manure locally and use that also. Extra gets fed through the worm farm to become even better.

“A garden is a delight to the eye and a solace for the soul.” - Saadi
    Prepper420’s No-Tillin Adventure!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. I don’t personally use bottles as i dont have the need. Im not presently growing cannabis but i bave for a long time. I make my own “soil” from scratch from items around my property, based on black leaf mold, compost, chicken and horse manure from our animals, honemade biochar, massive amounts of comfrey, natural worm castings from the worms (small snakes) that infest it and whatever else happens to find its way in there - its then screened, used a number of times and then it finds its way back into the raised beds and vegetable garden.

I used to buy a myriad of different items i thought i needed but over time have phased basically all of it out and now just make it from scratch.

Zero cost, a little time and water with tap water. No pH, no flush, no bloom or veg nutrients - and it works as well or better than the fancy expensive mixes i used to make. I havent been in a hydro store in a very long time although i did need some bulbs a couple years ago - hih... its been awhile.

If i were to make a tea it would be made at home out of plant materials. Im not a fan of bottled stuff.

Personal preference.

J

• Like Like x 2
  10. I would love to do all that but I live n a little apartment in a city so don’t really have the room for a bunch of products/projects. As soon as we are in a house it’ll be a different story. Me going to NGFT is me working my way to organic grows lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. I just harvested my first plant today, all done with only miracle grow nutrients and soil. My 3 clones I upped to fox farm soil but still using MG. My first plant came out good in my opinion, take a look IMG_20190912_140253.jpg IMG_20190909_213115.jpg IMG_20190915_150355.jpg IMG_20190912_115811.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  12. Mind you... I used half the recommended amount. All purpose MG calls for 2tsp per gallon so I was only putting 1 tsp per gallon, full strength burned my lady the first time. So I would suggest if your using MG nutrients stixk with half strength

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hey guys just wanted to give an update on my plant. We’re in about week 3 or so of flower. Just want to see what you guys think. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  14. Week 4? Very nice!

15. Just received mad farmer M.O.A.B
    I put 2 small pinches in 1500 Ml of water. I watered her yesterday (see first pic) I just took a picture tonight (see second pic) and I think I see a difference. I’d like to know what you guys think. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  16. Definitely got more frosty over night!!

17. 15703640312731215405226.jpg week 3 for these 2

18. 1570712101272973917916.jpg 1570712142660996929331.jpg week 6

• Like Like x 1
  19. i know the type... they criticize the Brie being served too cool and then go home and down a can of Cheez Whiz.

i've used Miracle-Gro potting soil and fert for a few years now without a problem (at least not caused by the MG... i'm still learning)

• Like Like x 2