Microbes? Do they really?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by black2grey, Mar 26, 2021.

1. I've been using recharge for idk couple months, in coco that's why the threads here.

But I found this review interesting and I've heard similar. My tap is about 7.4 after adding nutes probably more like 6.9 so if I'm using Growers recharge do I need to lower my pH still? Screenshot_20210326-002330.jpg

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Are you growing NoTill style? If not than you are more than likely wasting money. The decomposition process lasts much longer than just a single grow in coco. Also what's in the coco for them to feed on? They do not break down synthetic bottled nutrients because they are loaded with salt preservatives. Where I work the company paid $6000 for 150lb of bacillus bacteria. We mix it with dextrose they feed on the sugars.

3. Great question. Just learned about this in my course.
    The bacteria that you feed with the nutrients, as it thrives in the media, the bacteria turn the salts in to readily available forms that the plants can easily absorb.
    Therefor in theory, even if the pH wasn’t right on, there would be a healthy amount of ‘ready’ nutrients. A pool of available nutrients in the substrate
    Regardless though, your nutrient pH is quite high at 6.9
    You are growing in coco and coco does not buffer pH, meaning what ever pH water you put in, around the same pH the leachate comes out. Are you measuring run-off water pH?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bacillus bacteria works for the roots. I just checked this recharge thing and i thought it was a bottle nutrient but apparently its a brew of good organisms. Mycorrhizae and trichoderma fungi and it contains molasses so that is where they get their fuel from

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mine comes out higher I'm using vinegar as a ph down so it just goes a little over. Not daily testing run off.

6. The stuff does something or I just have strange luck. The first auto was short and stalky the second got huge but didn't branch, I had to chop all the tops before she got my lights. I think I approve, I've had no ph or nutrition issues other then feeding a bit lighter than most. She's almost dry by watering time. Am I just going to have to uppot this one? She's in 2 gal of coco and perlite. IMG_20210326_171623201.jpg IMG_20210326_171628123.jpg IMG_20210326_113101952.jpg

7. Up sizing will definitely increase the potential size of the plant. Using vinegar as pH down might be a problem since the feed you give contains bacteria. White vinegar is also used as a disinfectant so you might just be killing the bacteria as you pH down. HOWEVER, I don’t know how much vinegar is sufficient to harm bacteria so you will have to find that out yourself for your diluted amount.

8. Yeah roughly 5 caps of vinegar per 2 gal. I've been adding the microbes last. It's how they recommend it even crazy.

9. Very weird they recommend such thing. I would suggest buying a pH down product through your local hydro store or even amazon. They contain phosphoric acid which will not damage the bacteria like vinegar.

10. Much better options than molasses like dextrose or even better malted barley or fish hydrolysate.

11. I'm really not worried about that. I'm sure it's working. And about to have my largest harvest in about 5-7 weeks. Space may be a issue. Most ppl hit week 4 and this strain flowers mine just started like week 8 or 9.

12. It would be nice to have a stable ph when I need it.

13. I got ph down and almost out already but I really didn't see any difference just more stable ph. But it think I know what's happing. The medium got to dry like most growers. Now watering 1gal 2x a day. And went up to 3gal