Mech's "Pimp My Room" DIY build-out thread. How am I doing?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Mechanibus, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Hello Folks,

It looks like it's been about 7 years or so since I posted here regularly. Recently I decided to refit my grow space, and I remembered the inspiration and encouragement that I received from my threads long ago, and decided that I'd post what I was doing this time to see if people like it.

Disclaimer: I'm in a different point in my life now, so please don't embarrass me with any of the emotional drivel I used to post. . . LIke reading your diary from when you were a kid- super cringey!

Anyway, here is what I have to show, and I'll be updating as I progress. For now, here are some vids showing the "Before" state of the project.

And one detailing some of the plans for the space.

I take a lot of vids and pics, so much more to come. Hopefully people enjoy watching my work. I'm open to suggestions, but don't be offended if I consider your idea and decide against it, I still appreiciate any constructive input.

Thanks for looking!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. This is awesome but I'm going to warn you, this place ain't the same at all. I was posting on my thread but was majorly uninspired because there's no insight to be gained from seemingly anyone...

It's the epitomization of a ghost town around here in regards to true growers..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1

3. Hmmm, sad to hear. It's true that all the old homies I used to see around here are long gone. The cycle seemed to go like this:

-You arrive. GC is a new wonderland. You meet cool peeps, you learn new stuff. Your grow career begins. You soak it in.

-After a few months you've got it down. You've made friends. You've improved as a grower. Now people are starting to look up to YOU, and you help some folks who were where you were back then. You're getting it worked out.

-Few more months. Your op is rocking. You don't really need help, but you do drop in to converse over some of the finer points of the craft with your friends who came up with you on GC and others you respect. You drop some pearls of wisdom for the noobs from time to time. But essentially, you have "graduated" from GC.

-Even more time. You rarely drop by. You've either quit growing by now or you've dialed it in so well that the lure of GC knowledge is irrelevant. You're tired of schooling noobs and arguing with idiots. You check in now and then, but rarely post. Eventually, months become years. . .

*and if you're lucky, there is a even a next stage after that final one: You remember GC fondly, you log back on and find your account still works, and you remember that you once had over 7,500 posts and uploaded 5,000 pics to this site at one time. It was your home. Your friends. Your life, for a while.

I dont' plan to get back in that deep, but I did want to see if any of the old GC fun was still there. I'm sad to hear that the place has lost it's place as one of the top grow-info sites. . . I guess RIU is the king of that now.

Sad news, indeed. However, I'm still here to post some stuff, and if I meet a few cool old-school dudes like you, so much the better. And the real truth is, I'm doing this primarily out of a desire to share this journey with one particular person, one of the Original GC blades and still on here, my grow mentor and close personal friend. GC is just a convenient place to write down the story and then others can share in it too.

However, I fear you may be right- Couple red flags. . . For one, I, Me, This Nobody from years ago is somehow listed in the "Notable Members" section which I never noticed before. I know it just means that I spent too much time here, but the concerning part is that if I, after 7 years away am somehow still listed as a mojor contributor, then nobody is posting jack shit here. Because I'm certainly not special and never thought my output was in any way notable, either in quality or quantity.

Nevertheless, apparently I have more pics and almost the most albums, (Hi, BKS, if you still are alive!) and while I did post a lot of pics and so forth, if I'm still on top it means that they removed the ability to make albums or something and on the pics, I don't know. . . Maybe everybody makes videos now.

Anyway, when I used to post a ton of pics and expound on all my grow thoughts, people seemed to like it. But I appreciate your warning, and if it's crickets out here all the time, It's all good- I'll just post what I want my buddy and hopefully any new (or old!) buddies to see.

Thanks for the props, man, stay tuned. It's actually "Day 4" IRL right now, so look forward to plenty more vids soon.

-

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Hey, I'll be around and likely here but I just won't post in my thread. I kind of started posting again to share with an ole friend of mine as well but I am involved in so much compared to my beginner grower days(which surprisingly was 10 years ago now lol).

Thing is, I'm willing to commit the time but because we are in such a stupid ass capitalism ratrace I don't give time unless there's value associated and I am WAAAAYYYY too detail oriented to post to crickets and I handwrite all my notes nowadays and literally video document for my own studies.

It's natural for us humans to seek companionship within our passions but at this point I've somewhat figured out how to build those connections organically... It takes time.

I digress but the nostalgic component of me had some embers left over from the GC fire that consumed all at one point.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Subbed up because I do everything by hand pretty much and appreciate the time you spend doing this and sharing that which is sacred to you by right of passion.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bro, Every Single Point of that resonates. I get it. I'm glad you're posting here to talk to me, you sound like you know what's up. Man, if only you and my grow buddy ever see this, it will be worth it. LIke you, I totally get not having time for non-profitable shit.

So I'm glad you spend your small amount of free time here. I'll try to make it worth your while by putting on a good build, then a good grow show! Invite your 'ole friend.

"GC fire that consumed all" Heh heh I don't remember you from back in the day, but I get this, so much.

Good to meet you, Brother.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Stay tuned- I love to share my passion with those who get it. What do you want to see?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Man if nothing else the extreme plumbing acumen. I see so much intricacy with the piping(I do irrigation for a living). I just want to soak it in and ask questions when they pop up!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well then you can help me out when it comes time to run irrigation to 50ea. 4" rockwool cube sites with Floraflex caps. I'm sure I'll have some questions for you. . .

• Like Like x 1
  10. Glad you came back. Your builds are epic and you always have a different spin on everything you create. Can't wait for the next video.
    How about a video on how to ship clones? :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks! That vid is coming right up. . .

But for now, here is another one on the rebuild:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Here is the first vid from Day 2. (The title on the previous vid is incorrect.)

• Like Like x 1
  13. just followed this thread, excited to follow along :) :smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  14. I can tell you are in the zone.

• Like Like x 1

15. Welcome, hope you enjoy it. It will turn into a grow journal after the rebuild is done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Thanks, Bro. The clone vid comes out today if I can get it edited.

Here is the upddate for Day 3:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Day 4:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fascinating. I like it when you talk about mistakes and what not to do.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Heh heh, I apprecaite that, Bro! I leave it in because often it's the most interesting part. . .

Next vid:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Another Vid:

• Like Like x 1