Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

MCT oil infusions

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by MIW, Jan 17, 2021.

1. MCT oil is a type of oil mct-oil-101.

It's currently popular as a healthy oil, and lucky for us it's metabolized quickly. After I bought a bottle of it online I was inundated with adds for keto diets, so apparently it's popular for those on keto diets and others for health reasons. So it's fairly widely available. It's also a very light oil and doesn't become solid in the fridge, like coconut oil.

Ive made 2 infusions so far using feco and mct oil. On the first I included liquid lecithin, 6ml feco, several drops of sweet orange oil, and filled a measuring cup to two ounces. I used a coffee warmer to heat it up for mixing but I doubt its needs because it mixes quickly with stirring.

The second infusion I left out the sweet orange oil, tried it like that, then included the sweet orange oil because I like it better with orange oil. Along with hiding the "weed" taste it adds limonene, a terpene more abundant in orange oil than lemon oil. To me the effects are more uplifting with the sweet orange oil, and more sedating without.

BTW orange oil is also used as a cleaner, so is it edible?is-sweet-orange-essential-oil-edible-sweet-orange-oil-uses Its also said to break down other oils, not sure if that's relevant in a oil infusion or not.

Now, how does the infusion taste? other than a little orange taste, the oil infusion has very little taste. In coffee if you just drop it in, it floats and you get most of it in the first couple sips of coffee. If you stir it in, it's almost undetectable. I haven't tried it under the tongue yet, mostly because im afraid of over doing it, lol, unless I used a mirror or had my wife dose me, I probably would.

The best part, imho, is that it works fast. For me as im finishing a coffee with drops in it I feel the effects that fast. Depending on dose it becomes full force in about an hour and can last quite a while.

Its as fast as a tincture but doesn't have that alcohol burn. I've used it on a wide variety of foods. It's mostly undetectable in foods.

I made a strong infusion so I just use 4-6 drops for a dose. My estimate is 4.5mg per drop. My wife's used up to 10 drops, but for what ever reason (I'm a lightweight) I'm affected more by edibles than her. Opposite when vaping however, I can vape more.

But obviously dosing is personal and if you try this, best to start slow.To keep the effects going, as it's wearing off, I'll take a couple drops to maintain a level.

Anyway, I think it's a good method, especially if you don't like the burn of alcohol tinctures. It's handy, and quick, I bought some 10ml eye dropper bottles and although they're small and discreet, they still hold 200 drops. It goes well by itself or most any foods.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Excellent write up.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks.

I joined this forum because of the level of discussion here. A lot of knowledge on this forum and I enjoy the back and forth. If I can add something, great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. #4 MIW, Oct 10, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
    (couldn't find the powdered thc thread and stumbled on this thread)

I found out that I can make dry capsules with infused mct oil. I put a small amount of tapioca maltodextrin in an empty cap, then add drops of infused oil, then fill to the top with the maltodextrin powder and cap.

I've added up to 8 drops (4.5mg per drop) to a size 0 cap and I think I could add a few more drops, or use a size 00 capsule.

The oil gets absorbed in the powder and doesn't leak at room temperature. It might take an hour or so but eventually all the oil gets absorbed.

I made a few dozen by now and in the last couple weeks, stored with no refrigeration and no leakers. Btw I use gel capsules. I'm sure other powders or flour that absorb oil would work as well.

My purpose is to make capsules that I can travel with in unfriendly states and just something I can store at ambient temperatures.

5. Question I have...how much weed to oil? I infuse mct to use when making brownies. I use 6 gr weed to 1/2 cup oil(120ml). Makes 32 perfect(for me) doses. Actually can get a nice buzz on 1/2 dose.

6. I've never used buds to infuse mct oil, just concentrates. If you like your results, stick with it.

Obviously the least amount of oil necessary would be the strongest, but idk what that would be.

With concentrates I've made infusions up to 5mg per ml and I'm sure I could go higher but eventually it gets harder to work with by the drop in a dropper bottle.

7. Hmm..so feco? What is feco? Sorry for the dumb questions.

8. Feco stands for full extract concentrate. It refers to an alcohol extracted concentrate.

It's basically like rso, but rso has been made using a variety of solvents, including but not always alcohol.