Mars Hydro TSL2000 Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 918AutoGrower, Mar 15, 2021.

1. They got a lot toasty from the led being to close !
    Sorry about your dad . How old was he ? I know a paranormal psychic you can speak to if your interested .
    She is real and helped my girl friend a lot with her dad and sister .Pm me if you want her email address.
    Even if you dont believe in a psychic and need trust me on this . I would never set you up for a scam when your in need . Also sorry to say the plants are so burnt damn !

2. I don’t think they are burnt, but somehow in a weeks time they became severely deficient of something. They yellowed out fast. I’ve never seen that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Sorry to say i am sticking with burnt .
    These new led are tricky . How high are you above with the led ?
    Yellowing on the tops and curling leaves . And a few have brown on the tips.
    I was switching to led for veg All white 6500k. . I just cant keep the plants happy . Im now using them for shop lighting now. But mine had zero spectrum for plants made for shop lighting figured why not.
    It kept doing about the same as what you have going on. I switch them to Mh and in 3 days the green is coming back . I had them 2.5 feet away still burning the plants .

4. #44 918AutoGrower, Apr 18, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    My Apogee PAR meter gave consistent readings at....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just don’t see them getting burnt.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. My leafs look like that from to much light or to much nutes. Latley it’s been the later.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. That’s pretty interesting. Would you mind posting a few pictures? Thank you for the input

7. I’m not doubting you bro… But when these things happen, I feel like I’m constantly being reminded that I’m still learning and I really don’t know shit. Lmao

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Also, what EC / PPMs do you feed at during stretch and through the rest of the flowering cycle (for autos)?

With my luck, you’ll reveal that you are a living soil grower LOL

9. 64026782245__C35F0593-249D-4264-A7EA-3499B3953DB4.jpg
    This is all I have at week 8 flower. For the last 4 weeks after feeding a 1/2 teaspoon of 5-10-2 in the topsoil of all my plants. They were transplanted 4 weeks prior in hot soil. 3 gallon pots. The leafs have just been falling off of them like crazy finally starting to finish. It’s a 10 week plant. From the bottom up they just died. I feel they barely grew for that time.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I just cant understand the led thing .
    I am old but not that old . I like my finished plants to have 4 or 5 or 8 zips per the main collar .
    Not the gram thing these new led are pulling . The top collar with led are pulling a zip max . I dont get it .
    Led wont save power . It still requires the same amount of power or more to compete with hps.
    Hps craigs list a 1000 watt ballast you can get for 20 or 25 bucks a xxxl hood for 50.
    All the new problems leds are having on plants. I dont want to tune it all in and lose half a harvest to save 50 cents on a electric bill .
    Sorry i made this into a bitch . I have some sick plants currently i just threw out.
    The led i was using make them sick as shit . All my other plants are healthy .
    So if the led were not burning mine as you used your par meter .
    Then the led are sucking something out of the plants .
    We need to push something harder . I will do some thinking .
    The purple led just add double calmag and the normal veg or flower nuts happy plants .
    I wonder if its possible the enhanced spectrum is so high that the plants cant take in all of that spectrum. causing the issues . I put the led into the garage . Its perfect lights it up very well .

• Like Like x 1
  11. There are many other benefits with LED that fly under the radar and aren’t recognized. For example, they provide an advantage to controlling higher temps, especially during summer time.

Tunable spectrum. Cant do that with HID.... at least I don’t think you can. Lol

Most have 4-5 year full warranty...mainly because they have a much longer operational life, typical is around 50,000 operating hours but I’ve seen guaranteed bumper to bumper replacement warranty as high as 70,000 operating hours. That’s insane. That’s 8 continual years of 24 hrs on lighting without failures. How many HID 1000 watters had to be replaced over that time period? I think the cheapest a decent cultivator would spend on a 1000 water would be $80, but could very easily be closer to $130 if you want that good good. That feels conservative so I’ll go with that.

Let’s say only 5 new 1000 water bulbs were purchased over that 8 years, but more than likely it will be closer to six or seven. That’s $400 - $700 of just the replacement bulbs. And did the digital ballast continue working flawlessly over that time. or will that have to be replaced at least once? I am unfamiliar with the performance standards of HID ballasts....especially when the ballast you are suggesting already has some mileage on it. No telling how long that will last....is two years of consistent use before a replacement should be looked at considered good or bad?

Heat signatures that law enforcement look for when trying to identify suburban grows. Probably reaching a little on this one, but let’s see what comes out. I’m pretty high so it might be good.

HID burns way hotter and will pulsate like a magic vagina box inside a 50’ robot hooker. It’s bright.

Using the FLIR / thermal cameras and tech, the heat signature of LEDs won’t paint a “raid me” sign on your house the way HID does. Or maybe it will. I really don’t know and I just made all of that shit up. It sounded like a good argument though right?

LEDs or FTW!

• Like Like x 1
  12. I think the leds are great but they are the most synthetic type of light we could use. Sunlight being organic and bulbs right in the middle. Technology is a wonderful thing but we gotta understand that fake is fake and real is real no matter what. I know that for me I think 25 watts from the wall per sq ft in my flower garden is enough led. So I’m pulling 340 watts for flower. The smallest hps is 400 I’m assuming and that’s 4x2? Can you push that for 2.5x5? At least with the led I am at like 65%. I could dim more for better heat control and less electric or i could pump 460 watts from the wall into that tent. I could ass a few more boards and get up to 540 wall watts. Yes they allow you to tinker and have more range but with greater risk comes greater responsibility

• Like Like x 2
  13. #53 918AutoGrower, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    there isn't a difference between a certain color spectrum, or a specific point in the color spectrum that encloses the low and high ranges for photosynthetic active radiation (PAR). 3000k color temp from LED isn't a different 3000k color temp than what HID or any other lighting source/platform can produce.

IOW, plants don't know the difference between 480nm – 630nm from an LED light or from a plasma or HID light. The only difference is spread, light intensity, and efficacy.

What makes the LED lighting "fake"? IF you want to get technical, ALL artificial lighting is fake, including all HID.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Let the choppers continue to fly over with there equipment. Every night here !
    So a house is running hot . Well they can just say shit let hit that house its running hot.
    Somebody might like the heat turned to 99 f lol.
    They could be running 100 computers trying to hack into a banking system lol .
    They could have a hot tub in there home .
    Or they could be growing tomatoes lol.
    I dont think that search warrant will get approved . Hot house . Same as stop and search and check id for zero reason . Hps You can vent them into the registers during the winter . free heat.
    Or vent them outside in the summer with aa fan blowing .
    My cable installer showed me a tablet. It showed the 12/12 rf signals on and off .
    There is zero need for a chopper to fly over .We can set your watch by it . lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. IDK Bro....a hot house is pretty incriminating. lol good points....all of them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Hey man just read through your journal here, nice work. Hope you are liking the new light. People talk a lot of shit on Mars lights and I guess I don't really see it. I started back in the day with their Mars II series blurple lights and had great results for that long ago switching from mh/hps. Biggest problem with them was diodes liked to burn out and it sucked having to fix them after each grow.

I then tried a couple of their TS600's not long ago and thought they were pretty impressive for the price and the plants seemed to love the spectrum.

I now use majority Kingbrite 240w boards, as they have become my favorite for price vs hardware. That being said though I just got a Mars SP3000 for my 2x4' tent and couldn't be happier. Design is badass on this light and it's a perfect fit for a 2x4' footprint IMO.

So far my girls are just babies but I can say without a doubt they like the 3000k/5000k of the SP3000 better then the 3500k of the Kingbrite boards at this stage.

Anyway I'll also be following along to see what kind of results you get from your Mars light.

• Like Like x 1
  17. yep, I used to trash hard on Mars Hydro lights because I am such a believer in the Samsung approved horticulture diodes (LM301B and LM301H). At the time, Mars Hydro was using Osram or something else but it didn't seem to stack up well to more mainstream lights which utilized the newest Samsung diodes.

And then Mars Hydro started making some product changes. They started listening to their customers and producing product(s) that competed on the same level as the big players, only some MH managed to offer their newly designed lights at a continued "budget friendly" price. So, I just had to see for myself. If Mars Hydro is willing to step up their game to own more of the marketshare, then they are worth a look at least.

Plus, it's not right to disparage someone's product which you have never used. How hypocritical of me!

So I'm doing this to find out once and for all what's up with Mars Hydro. I can tell you that if you haven't drooled over their new FC and FC-S series bar-style lights, I highly recommend at least checking them out. They are pretty sexy.

I've looked at KingBrite's stuff for a while. Sure is tempting. But I really try to purchase from a veteran-owned lighting company (there are several), or buy one local if the price is right.

Thanks for posting!

• Like Like x 3
  18. This is what I've been looking at. I'd like to pick up a few of these and play with them.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  19. Just a quick update on the Mars Hydro tent.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  20. I think this is the same light my buddy has. It's holding its own against the 250watt HLG he has next to it. Can't tell any difference in the plants but the Mars does get super hot without a heatsink and having both drivers mounted on the top.

• Like Like x 3