Mars Hydro TSL2000 Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by 918AutoGrower, Mar 15, 2021.

1. On the back row of that tent I have 3x Lemon Pie autos from Fast Buds, and a Gelato Glue auto from Barney’s farm.

The smaller autos are BlackBerry autos from Fast Buds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yes I did get some stickers. They aren’t really my style, but my son liked them though!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Haha yes bro they're the one, not really my style either but I think they're cool so I stuck them on my tent for some good luck vibes plus they are funny as fuck for a grow light company

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah last year they didn't do this. Hell the lights didn't even connect together or have a reasonable dimmer or off switch. They upped there game.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hopefully mine will be good then, I've switched it on and it works sound but I haven't gave it a test run for the full 18 hours on time yet. As I'm waiting for my new seeds to germinate. Better to save electric costs until they're ready to be planted in the soil

6. I can feel it. Seedling need so little in reality.

Sent from my moto e6 (XT2005DL) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. So far the Mars Hydro light is doing well. It is still running at only 80%. It doesn’t look like I’m going to get any stretch from these autos.

[​IMG]

8. How hot do those drivers get bro? My TS 1000 gets hot as fuck. I got a fire extinguisher in as a precaution hahahaha

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. When it's on full power it's like a toaster, Mars say this is absolutely normal though, this is my first time using a driver powered light so it's all new shit to me I don't know how hot they get etc, I use a vipar light which has three cooling fans but I've got the mars in another space

10. Most LEDs get warm enough that you wouldn’t want to touch them. But it doesn’t affect the environment at all..... not compared to the heat that is generated from HIDs

11. I got a small 80$ Mars hydro light it’s the 100 watt non Dimmable and I touched the board when it was on and that shit shocked me! My hlg lights don’t do that...

12. :love-m3j:looking forward to your update

13. It is what it is bro, my seedlings have stretched already because of this piece of junk

14. Dam I am fucking pissed off, I had to Bury my seedlings so the stem can be shorter, the stem will turn into roots in due course so all good but this TS 1000 is SHIT!!! I had it on 25% dim and they were stretching, I've never had this happen to me before. I've brought light down and turned up to 50%

15. Maybe the light isn’t the problem.

I’m just sayin....I’ve seen this time and time again when I visit my friend(s) grows at their home(s).

Without an accurate PAR meter (which costs $500 min), you are essentially guessing at what the distance between your canopy and your lights should be. A PAR meter is particularly useful when making sure seedlings have the light they need and no more. Too little and they’ll stretch unnecessarily. Too much light and they will be stressed in the other direction. Either way, your plant’s growth is hindered.

Make this mistake on an auto, and you just ruined your crop....you don’t get the luxury of adding another week to veg so they can recover properly before putting them into flower.

There are little to no room for mistakes with autos.… Especially at the seedling stage when it is in its most vulnerable state. Environment and lighting is EVERYTHING for seedlings.

The next time you pop some seeds, make sure that the light is either closer than it was this time, or turn up the potentiometer/dimmer so the light intensity is higher. I bet they either won’t stretch as much ....or possibly not at all.

Sometimes it takes a couple of runs to get your entire set up dialed in in order to make your results repeatable and consistent. What you experienced is simply part of that process. Don’t be too quick to blame it on the light(s).

And if you can, purchase an Apogee MQ-500 PAR meter. That’s the one I use. They are a little pricey, but worth every penny and it will be the best money you ever spent. You will always know that your lights are where they should be and your plants will always get what they need… Instead of guessing and hoping that they are getting what they need.

16. Also, you should know that this is a pretty common mistake even among seasoned commercial growers. When we moved into my new facility that I’m in now, I chose a different type of LED lights to use on our metal bakers racks over our rooted clones. I set up one rack to give me a space to pop seeds and start new pheno hunts. The lights I chose were garbage and barely put out enough light to germinate seeds and caused my seedlings to stretch like yours did. I had to replant and backfill hundreds of seedlings in solo cups.

This, of course meant that I couldn’t use ANY of those stupid lights because if they weren’t strong enough to germinate some seeds without making the seedlings stretch, they were definitely not strong enough for rooted clones.

Learn from those mistakes and help other growers avoid making them.

17. Updates on the new light ? How it works ?
    Also how many watts and how many Mh watts would you compare it too ? If your in veg
    So Mh vs this light . What covers better ?

18. Just a quick update on the Mars Hydro TSL-2000.

I took some PAR readings tonight....one reading over each plant’s canopy.

Right now I have the light at 14” - 16”, depending on which plant. Some are taller than others, obviously. I have also increased the dimmer from 80% to 95% which is where is will probably stay.

So, the following PAR readings are at 95% power from 14-16”.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All of these plants are autos except for the one pictured below. It is a Rozay mother I’m cultivating so we can start a huge run of Rozay in my new 40’ x 100’ greenhouse me and my best friend are currently building in my backyard.

[​IMG]

19. Man I’ve never grown with MH. I’ve only grown with CMH and HPS.

So far I’m impressed with the light. For the price tag, it’s really hard to beat for what you get.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Just a quick update from the autoflower tent.

I went to Texas for a week for my dad’s funeral and I came back to my plants looking like shit because I did not mix my nutrients good enough and did not anticipate these autos would have such a large appetite. Most autos I’ve grown didn’t need the same strength of nutrients than their photoperiod counterpart(s).

All of these autos are under the Mars-Hydro TSL2000. I’m pleased with the light so far. I actually ended up with a lot of light bleaching on some of my clones because the light intensity was too high. I guess that speaks to the efficacy and potential ability of the TSL2000.

If I had to recommend this particular grow light to another home cultivator who is looking for a good budget light, I would not hesitate to recommend the TSL2000.

3x Lemon Pie autos from Fast Buds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gelato Glue auto from Barney’s Farm

[​IMG]

3x BlackBerry autos from Fast Buds

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]