Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible (Paperback)

Discussion in 'Books on Growing Cannabis' started by Superjoint, Feb 18, 2009.

1. You have to have a base of knowledge before you can experiment with it...

2. #62 Tripace, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011

Me three, haha, cant beat picking it up for $20.
    Although I do have an extra copy of MArijuana grow basics, I won a signed copy from Jorge on facebook, lol:D.

3. #63 Tripace, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011

Well said, :hello:I agree with that, it's like Jorge covers almost all the options, but doesnt really tell you which work best, or which you could do on your own budget, you have to come here and see what other growers have done that works for them and decide that on your own. lol

Although I do have to say, prolly my favorite part of the book is when he talks about making hash, so many great methods, I'm almost looking foward more to saving the trimmings than I am to the bud at harvest time, I found some bubble bags on amazon for like $40, gonna be sweet!

4. Jorge Cervantes also has a Grow Basics book. It is MUCH less detailed, but lots of pics. of seedlings, plants in veg and flower. Marijuana Horticulture is way better, but Marijuana Grow Basics does have lots of pictures and step by step of germination thru harvest.

5. why does his base of knowledge start with using the wrong type of pots? growth rates in super roots air pots are much better. (just one example of a general principle i am pointing out.)

6. There is no such thing as a "wrong type of pot." Just because one method of growing is better than another, doesn't mean that the other is "wrong."

I have seen many grows using hempy pots, plastic home depot buckets, and even totes used for soil grows, and each of these functioned phenomenally. While root growth rate may be better in some of the more advanced pot types, any pot will do, as long as the grower can adapt to it's needs.

I started growing using both Marijuana Horticulture and The Cannabis Grow Bible, and after a few grows, I have refined my skills and developed what I have now.

I can easily say, that without these two books and many threads and tutorials on Grass City, Rollitup, and other growing websites/forums, I would not be where I am today.

Just because it is written in a book doesn't necessarily mean that it is the only way.

7. efficiency and health of the plant are key. just like efficiency in every aspect

8. Only book any one needs!!!!!!!!

9. If you cook, you'll understand this comparison: this is the Joy of Cooking of growing. Joy of Cooking, when I was learning to cook, would give me examples and illustrations of many ways or at least one way to cook just about anything. Same here. This explains the basics (with a lot of keeper forever kinds of recipes) in just about any way you'd want to grow, any medium, indoor, outdoor, harvest, even hash methods. Reading this, you can pick and choose the ways you want to try for different grows, and then, if you get more advanced, pick a more advanced or specialized cookbook specifically about indoor, hydro, guerrilla, backyard, etc. grows. I first read this two years ago and -- beginner's luck, or what? -- ended up with 4+ pounds of satisfactory smoke from 8 bagseed plants on my back porch. I have so much more to learn, which is why I come to the boards. I have more confidence with my instincts, when I cook or grow.

This is not an absolute, you MUST do this kind of book, because nature isn't like that. You have to have a few grows and learn. This book gives you the options.

Thanks Jorge!

10. This is by and far the single most complete volume i have seen. Sure other volumes probably cover outdooor in greater depth, or indoor in greater depth, but this one has the meat and potatoes of it all. Not the ONLY book you need, but its a great start.

11. I borrowed this book from my friend and it was really good.  I grew some fine herb!

12. wow, this book was literally my beginning to the grow world. I had studied cannabis since the age of fourteen after being arrested for possession of my medication. I started with Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Growers Handbook and Jorge Cervantes "Marijuana Horticulture The Indoor/Outdoor Growers Bible". I can't come close to explaining how much knowledge this book has provided me with. In depth detail of things I would otherwise have had more than a hard time figuring out. A big shout out to Ed and Jorge for the wonderful knowledge they have provided to thousands of growers over the years. 

13. i went to Cannabis Training University and they gave me 50 e-books on growing weed, plus 100 videos, and Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Growers Handbook. So it was pretty amazing considering it was inexpensive and they gave me a shit ton of info and time to access it all.
    Pretty awesome, highly recommended.

Best marijuana school by far. No other top 5 marijuana school is as good. The others are overpriced and blow.

When you compare marijuana schools, you will see that CTU is the best.

I also like Greg Green's Grow Book.

And some videos on youtube are helpful.

I think Jorge Cervantes book is confusing, unorganized, kind of sucks. I finished it and was confused.

if you are new to growing, enroll at CTU online, and then start growing like i did. Get your hands dirty.

I have gotten to where i am yielding at least 1.5 pounds per plant, many over 2 pounds.

Chill out peeps

• Like Like x 2
  14. Now I haven't read the book in full, but honestly after reading Gregs book this book is so confusing.

15. Is there a good free books instead of paying ? Tia

GrassJ4o2e0

16. I know this is an older thread, but it’s a good one for all Beginners.
    Upon cruising through these past 8 pages, I didn’t see a good little, straight to the point publication. Cannabis Cultivator: Step-by-Step by Jeff Ditchfield. It’s kinda dated in my opinion. I say “dated” due to the fact that the INDOOR section is needing an update. Lighting is always evolving. Other than that, it’s a perfect first timer book. It’s cheap too! ~$5-$8

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum