Marijuana bill will stop Big Alcohol And Tobacco from dominating market

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Peaceful Dusk86, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Damn I got the red X....@WeedOrchard....is this the Politics section or some BS?
    ...I guess you just wanna be angry and miss the forest for the trees huh....ironic given your handle lol

2. #22 DaPhats, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    I see it being similar to the liquor market.

I don't see why little guys can't compete. On the supply side, yeah, big corporation can and probably will dominate things, but there's always a market for little guys as long as the product's good. It could be like the craft beer industry. Local companies promote local growers.

On the retail side I think the little guys can do well. The little guys dominate the market up here. They're like your local coffee shop that does well even when Starbucks is right next door.

For me, it would come down to opportunity. As long as the little guy has the same chance and plays by the same rules as the big guys then it should be fair. It's when corporations lobby governments to rig the deck in their favour is what I don't like. This kinda seems like the gov't is rigging the deck in the little guys favour.

As for the black market, legalization pushed me to the black market lol. The prices got outrageous. We had dispensaries that were illegal but the government turned a blind-eye to because legalization was on the horizon. I bought stuff there quite often because of the nice variety. But once legalization hit and they had to price and tax according to the new rules. Prices rocketed and I never went back. It got me get back into growing :) But in the end, that was due to government rules that applied to all equally so it could be a natural occurrence no matter what. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 2
  3. I think the supply chain/distribution is the biggest problem in CA along with outrageous taxes. As you said, lots of people going to the black market or legal outfits getting black market supply.
    I think the consensus in Cali is that the wine and craft beer industries should be the model. That's the only way I believe small craft growers can display their value to the market.....and I think they'll have to go the flower route, because they'll get destroyed when it comes to extracts....volume is king in that arena. I mean, look at the CBD market, it's huge, and was started using CBD rich drug cultivars....but then hemp got involved, and presto it's in the hands of big Corp that can grow fields in every cannabis illegal US state, Canada, China....all while the small timers had to fight the law just to let their kid take it for epilepsy etc. It's a shame.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nothing personal man. It's just a disagree button. Love and peace

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Gotta beat this dead horse one time, we have to give the small guy some handicap here.
    All this ensures is that the investors (or corps, same people) will have to give some dough to some regular Joe's to play the game, huh, sounds just like my old job before prop 64

6. Biden should create a federal business development corp that lends money to entrepreneurs. It would give small businesses a boost all across the board, in every industry. It's just lending money and services at more favourable rates than the private banks. And once a company reaches a certain size it needs to go to a regular bank. It's a nice way to lower the costs for little guys.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Lmao bullshit. They're is already a rapidly growing cannabis capitalist business market already growing all the time.

8. People apparently take it very personally on this forum haha.

9. I'm in New Mexico, not California. I agree with you that the most important thing is our ability to legally grow for personal use but I also believe we should be able to sell the product we grow, perhaps in a roadside stand like produce or however we wish. Tax the sales if necessary similar to how wine can be legally taxed and sold. I have no idea what you mean or where you're going with the Caucasian remark. I'd like for race or ethnicity to not be considered when talking about legalizing pot or actually when discussing any subject. I'm totally against discrimination, legalized or not, no "restorative justice." It's only justice when the individuals harmed are the individuals compensated. Haven't we had enough of promoting one group over another based on skin color?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I agree we should have the ability to start a cottage industry for cannabis. I did something similar out of my home kitchen. I also want to be able to use it for barter legally, but that's another subject.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1