Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Man I what do I doooooo

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Fredbear, May 4, 2021.

1. I’ve been eating my own brownie for about 7 years now daily.......it time to stop I’ve been having anxiety.....can’t sleep ....way way way. You guys know.....well I’m on my second day of half brownies and it’s very hard to sleep at night plus I’m sweating thru the night....look what this article says........my goal is to become not dependent on thc how long must I suffer

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Lol that picture looks like they got info from reefer madness... If that was really the case everyone who uses daily would have psychosis.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Well for a start, stop freaking out! The risk of psychosis is far less than you have been lead to believe!

If cannabis caused schizophrenia-how many cannabis users may need to be prevented in order to prevent one case of schizophrenia? England and Wales calculations. (abst -2009) If cannabis caused schizophrenia--how many cannabis users may need to be prevented in order to prevent one case of schizophrenia? England and Wales calculations - PubMed

“In men the annual mean NNP (number needed to prevent one case of schizophrenia) for heavy cannabis and schizophrenia ranged from 2800 in those aged 20-24 years to 4700 in those aged 35-39. In women, mean NNP for heavy cannabis use and schizophrenia ranged from 5470 in those aged 25-29 to 10 870 in 35-39-year-olds. Equivalent mean NNP for heavy cannabis use and psychosis were lower, from 1360 in men aged 20-24 and 2480 in women aged 16-19. The mean and median number of light cannabis users that would need to be prevented in order to prevent one case of schizophrenia or psychosis per year are four to five times greater than among heavy users.”

So, according to this British medical study, you would need to prevent between 1,360 and 10,870 people (depending on age, gender and usage) from ever using cannabis to POSSIBLY prevent just ONE single case of schizophrenia! Also, the rate of schizophrenia has remained fairly constant at about 1% for decades. The rate of cannabis use has gone up every decade since the 1950s! If the two were actually linked, a rise in one would cause a rise in the other! That simply has not happened!

As for depression and anxiety-
    Cannabis use behaviors and prevalence of anxiety and depressive symptoms in a cohort of Canadian medicinal cannabis users Cannabis use behaviors and prevalence of anxiety and depressive symptoms in a cohort of Canadian medicinal cannabis users - ScienceDirect - “Most (92%) reported that cannabis improved their symptoms”.

Why Marijuana Compounds Could Eventually Replace Anti-Anxiety Meds.
    Why Marijuana Compounds Could Eventually Replace Anti-Anxiety Meds

Marijuana Appears to Benefit Mental Health: Study. Marijuana Appears to Benefit Mental Health: Study

(Please note that those are not "High Times" articles, but are from respectable publications - PubMed, Science Direct, Forbes and TIME. Also note that your little article gave no sources to back up their claims.)

You have to stop getting your info from unreliable, anti-cannabis sources! You want the actual medical facts? Start here-
    New January 2021 Granny's List

Granny :wave:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thanks granny I was hoping you’d answer

• Like Like x 1
  5. @Fredbear You might try mixing some CBD into your next batch of brownies. CBD can really help with anxiety.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Total abstinence for about 2 weeks. (takes that long for the intense dreams to fade).

Grow your own and harvest late. Fixes much of the "Anxiety" issues we see. Choose a lower THC strain. They are often more balanced with a naturally higher ratio of CBD.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  7. 2 weeks 100% cannabis free and you'll be set, dependence wise.

8. It's better than being hooked on opium.

9. Be sure to exercise,stretch,breath in some good air and get a good sweat,everyday.:)

10. Stop completely for a year. Reset everything.

Just grow one plant and focus on the best you can do. You can test it with a single small toke a couple times, but nothing more. Then give it away after the manicure.