~~Mama Pearl's Organic Multi Strain Grow~~

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by pearl75, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Hey, everybody, thanks for the good vibes, tips, and well wishes. I finally decided to go ahead and take some pictures. It makes me nervous these days, but I really miss sharing my plants with you guys/gals.

I think they're all beginning to recover. The two BV are looking especially well tonight. All the new growth on top of the plants is coming in a nice, healthy green. So things are looking more promising now. Although the NLxBB still looks sickly, as with the BVs, it is starting to perk up as well. By the end of this grow I may suffer some loss in yield due to the stress, but I'm hopeful that if I don't make anymore mistakes these plants will still come through for me. I have not started running the other 400 watts yet because the extra ballast I had put back has decided not to work. So I'm going to have to replace it, which I plan to do in the next couple of weeks. I don't want to add more light just yet. I want to give them a little more time to recover in there present environment.

I took 6 pictures, 2 of each plant. For each plant I took a pic of the top so you can see the healthy, new growth, and a pic of the mid and bottom sections so you can see what they had to recover from. In order, the first four pictures will be BV #1 and #2, and the last two pics will be of the NLxBB.

Thanks for sticking with me, gang, I really appreciate it. :wave:

Attached Files:

2. We should name one after you too! You should cross a skunk with your favorite strain and name it Skunk Patronus. :smoking:

3. Heya Pearl,

First of all you need to update this thing more frequently. I miss not having more elderly folks like myself around. :p:D

In all seriousness they are looking ok just baby them for a bit. Don't baby them to much by keeping the light to high. They will stretch to shit on you.

Take care of yourself pearl.:wave:

MGB

4. Morning Ms. Pearl,

Looks like the recovery is well under way. :hello:

That NLxBB should be a nice yielder for you.

Hope to see more pics.

See ya...

5. having the light to high causes stretching??

6. Oh yeah!

7. Your NLxBB doesn't look like the same pheno I have ,but, my experience is the sucker likes to be dry. Even when she is bone dry and I water she looks sad a bit when most plants would perk right up. That danged Tangerine Dream is the same way.:wave:

8. I considered what you said about the water and let the NLxBB dry out completely, then let her go 3 more days before watering it. Wouldn't you know it, the darn thing made a complete recovery. The new growth on top looks even better than the Blue Venoms. They all stretched too much, though. Tonight I'm going to lst all of them, and after they recover from the shock of that I'll probably flip the lights in a couple more weeks.

Guess what I found! I was shopping in Indiana at a new hardware/home improvement store, and they carry...dun dun dun...PROMIX!!!!! And for only $13 a bail. I bought 2. :D

I took pictures last night. Pic numbers one and two are BV, and BV number one looks a little rougher than BV number 2, but I'm still confident they are doing okay. Wait till you all see how much better the NLxBB looks.

Attached Files:

9. Hey, Ms. Pearl...:wave:

It's nice to have friends who have been there, done that, and can point the way. :hello:

Sweet!

See ya...

10. They still look pretty good to me pearl! :smoke:

That's awesome on the PRO-MIX which blend? Did you get the All Purpose?

I had the All Purpose, but it needs more drainage, I would add a little rice hulls, or a decent amount of perlite to give it better texture.

11. #691 pearl75, Apr 15, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2013

I'm still learning, papa. Slowly but surely. One day I may even be able to articulate what I've learned for others so I can be more help around here. :eek:

Yes, the all purpose was all they had so I grabbed it up. I have lots of perlite, though. I should look into the rice hulls more. I have no experience with them, I've just been reading about them 'round here. Do you prefer rice hulls to perlite, or do you use both?

12. Hello Pearl,

Sorry, you were right I missed your update. Somehow I was not subscribed and was to busy in the garden this weekend to notice you posted. My apologies for my minor scolding for not updating. :eek:

I am glad to hear things have taken a turn for the better with the garden. I look forward to seeing your LST expertise in your update on Tuesday. :yay:

All the best.:wave:

MGB

13. Everything looks great to me Pearl. Can't wait to see your NLBB grow out. :)

14. Pearl if you already have Perlite use most of it up before you go getting rice hulls... But I've found with rice hulls you can use less in conjunction with perlite... I really underestimated the stuff when I used it as a standalone amendment for soil.

The rice hulls should be stored up above ground so mice don't get into them. I found that one out the hard way. But they are pretty good drainage amendment for the promix all purpose...

It doesn't mean much rice hulls to make it drain better. Say its like a half gallon to a gallon of extra perlite per cubic foot depending on what texture you prefer.

I do use both. But don't really prefer one over the other, rice hulls seem less dangerous to work with is an advantage of them over perlite, but perlite is easier to store. ;)

HTH

15. :wave::smoking:, hang in there Mama...they will bounce back before you know it...:smoking:

16. What the heck???:eek: I see ProMIX at loew's but I never purchased it at full price because its $30 a bale :eek::eek::eek: I did however find an opened bale one time and purchased it because Lowes will sell opened bags for half price. ;)

17. Gotta say that is a helluva score. It goes for ~$25 around where I shop. I've never used the product previously but have been recently and I have to testify that out of the bag that is some good, good, soil mix. Personally I prefer the large chunk perlite bag BUT either way one goes is good IMO. Good stuff man! Root balls off the fuckin' hook! :)

18. Plants are looking good again, Pearl! :hello:

And nice score with the Pro-Mix. I live around quite a few retailers but I've never seen it at that price. Like Poss said, it is pretty damn good straight outta the bag/bale. I use it exclusively as my peat source for all of my soil mixes and haven't had a single problem yet. It recycles great, too. Are you planning on making a big batch with it soon?

19. Let me address everyone first then I'll respond to you, Carlo. I found my Promix at a store called Menards. It's a fairly new home improvement store around. You all may be able to score at that price online. Lawn & Plant Care at Menards

Now, @ Carlo, I am planning to start a new batch of soil. I think the problems I had in the beginning of this grow are due to the fact that I have recycled my soil enough, and it's time to start anew. I'm really excited about trying this stuff too. Until now, all I've been able to find worth starting my soil with has been FFOF, and I think that stuff comes with its own set of problems. Especially after I add all my amendments to it.

20. #700 MGB, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2013
    If I had to guess seeing that price I would say that is the smaller bail not the 3.8 cu ft bale. I could be wrong. I am guessing most of you use the 3.8 cu ft bail as I do? The smaller bail is 2. something I can't recollect.

MGB

Edit: Sorry, Heya Pearl hows it.:hello: