Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making edibles with wet trim

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by SinsemillaPassion, Feb 3, 2021.

1. So I've got plenty of wet trim here, how much do you recommend in grams for making canna butter? I want to use all the fan leaves and majority of sugar leaves.

Now I want to make the butter using wet leaves. Straight from trim. Live plants.

Will the butter still pack a punch?

Auto ultimate. Grown organicly

2. I plan on grinding the wet leaves, or chopping the wet leaves up and then decarbing in the oven before I proceed to put it in a pan with butter and water and so on.

3. Dry first 150 F for 1 hour
    Decarb next 240 F for 40 minutes
    Use no water it only fucks things up.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pay attention to BrassNwood.
    It won't pack a punch unless you decarb.
    Being wet will mess up decarb.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Agreed, DRY FIRST.
    I do this about every harvest for a single pound of butter.
    Start with 1lb unsalted butter. Melt butter slowly using a 1qt Mason jar in a water pot method.
    Meanwhile allow the trim to dry as mentioned and decarboxylated as mentioned. Now this is where I go way off the recommendations and I grind as much trim up that it takes to fill the jar with melted butter. I leave it in the water pot simmering up to 6 hours on as low as it gets, can also use a crock pot to heat the water but my stove has a warmer burner and it works perfect. After some time has gone by I remove the jar carefully, don't get water into the butter at all and don't burn yourself. At this point I strain the butter with a cheese cloth into a clean glass container, after its all been strained and squeezed as much as you can I take the butter and strain it again through a stainless coffee filter, the small reusable type for single cup machines. Once it's been strained and filtered I put it in the fridge to cool and solidify, once cooled keep in fridge up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 6 months.
    Now I've done all the water added recipes and never again. They will mold within days if any water is left in the mix.
    Also this butter ends up stuper strong. I don't recommend this way of making it if you're new to consumption. It's not the 7 to 14 grams per pound. A quart jar holds ounces of grinder trim and becomes highly concentrated. But enjoy if you try this way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. I want to dry fan leaves sperate from the plants, what is best way to do this?

7. I just trim my leaves in wide cardboard boxes and stir/shake/flip when I can. Few times a day, fan blowing over top

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  8. I compost fan leaves.:confused_2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I don’t want to be rude, but keep in mind - if it doesn’t work when you smoke it, it won’t work if you make a edible with it. Lots of people are disappointed by edibles, because they expect it to work when they use trim - trim is not good to smoke and neither for edibles.
    I tried to make RSO with trim - I got almost nothing out of 50grams trim. I got 3 times more RSO when I used 20grams shake.
    Using trim is waste of time. If you can - use shake.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  10. I sometimes make kief from trim
    The biggest return I can get is about 15%, and the resulting impure kief has about the same quality as flower.
    If flower is 15% THC, and I get 15% of that, then effectively my trim is 0.15*0.15 ~ 2% THC
    This would make terrible edibles unless at least 7-8 times as much of it is used as the amount of flower used.

• Like Like x 1