Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making brownies with RSO?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by _munchy, Oct 9, 2013.

RSO is usually Indica dominant strains so there shouldn't be a lot of anxiety. I'm glad you're starting to enjoy it.  :smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  2. If someone was to consume the whole batch, would it kill them? From like respiratory depression.

No, not even close. If it were made with a cooking oil directly extracted from the reefer, you could "green out" from the chlorophyll and other plant matter and be sick as a dog for a few hours but since you used RSO which is much cleaner, you'd fall asleep. You might get a little dizzy or even the spins but death doesn't come close. You'll keep breathing. But you'll get a hell of a nap.  ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Also, I don't exactly know what this was made with since I bought it at a dispensary, I read that people use 99% iso, isn't that stuff bad to eat? I keep getting a burning sensation in my kidneys/stomach but that might just be the high.

The iso should have been well purged, especially if from a dispensary. That shouldn't be affecting you. 

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dude, you're freaking yourself out. If you've used it before you're fine, just don't eat any more. If ISO is iso-propyl alcohol, I wouldn't worry. That stuff evaporates at a lower temperature than other solvents people use. If you bought it from a dispensary, you're fine.
    Fine something to do and enjoy it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Will taking an acid reducer like Zantac or Prilosec affect the strength of an edible?

8. Not that im aware of. I do know that mycrene increases your high amd it's found in mangos. Make a mango smoothie with rso and you'll be ready for liftoff. I do know for sure that rick simpson uses naptha himself as the solvent but people use all kinds of stuff. Hell i've mad hash with acetone lol. As long as it was properly purged there won't be any solvent left. The people at your dispensary should be able to tell you what it was made with.

• Like Like x 1
    I was reading another thread a couple of months ago where someone had done a potent edible and the op had taken a couple of Tums and said that it increased and lengthened his experience. He seemed pretty sure of it but I'm not sure how that would work or what science would indicate the possibility. 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Considering ISO is denatured alcohol, I still think I'd be a little hesitant that some of the denaturing agent would be left behind even after evap. Hopefully your dispensary wouldn't be using anything toxic for a concentrate they are selling as edible, however.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I woulkd be more concerned about benzene and naphtha.

12. idk how i got to this thread but dude i lolled pretty hard, props op that looks like a fun time

• Like Like x 1
  13. how long does it take (estimated) for 3 to 4gs of RSO to dissolve in 2/3 cup of oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
    also how do you no it is completely dissolved into the oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. This is a great thread! It's a keeper

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Thank you for this thread. You saved all of my friends from a horrible high this weekend.

16. I once had a good amount of extra material so unused it all in one batch of brownies. Maybe 4 ounces. Man this were great brownies. A friend had one and thout they were so good, he had another.... a few minutes later we heard him throwing up. A few 6 hours later he came out of his room and told us all he thought he died lol. The serving size was a square inch but he took 2 normal sized brownies lmao. Good times.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Five year old post and found this because I'm researching cooking with CBD thx Pheonix Tears. Thanks for the chuckle! Kindness of strangers helping a dude ride out his edible overindulgence. Lovely

• Like Like x 2
  18. Im going to a dispensary tomorrow and they have 500mg packs. Would 500 be enough for a whole pan/batch? Because i know when the mix is poured it needs to be distributed evenly, i just want to make sure they are going to be strong. I smoke daily so my tolerance is pretty high and i plan on getting rid of a few.

19. A standard brownie mix makes 16 brownies in a 8x8 dish. 500 divided by 16 is 31.25mg each. A fairly nice dose IMO.

20. Fair. I think im just going to put 1000 mg in there and do 5x5 so 10 brownies and 100 mg each. And just warn the buyers.