Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Making a potent cannabis alcohol tincture for a beginner. Any recipes/tips and tricks?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Zone 2, Mar 1, 2021.

1. I’m looking to creat a tincture with a potency of around 250 mg THC per drop or even higher 500mg THC Per drop. I’d like to create a cannabis Alcohol tincture and these are some of the things I need to find out.

1. How much cannabis to what ratio of alcohol do I need to use to achieve high potency?

2. What proof does the alcohol need to be ideally and what is the minimum alcohol proof you could use?

3. Will my tincture need to rest/steep for a period of time? If so how long for?

4. What exactly are the steps to making a potent cannabis alcohol tincture

5. Any recipes I can follow and any tips and tricks

Any help is much appreciated

2. Your going to have to provide more information if your want accuracy in a response. In general, use as strong of alcohol as you can get, like 190 proof or 200 proof and use that to extract from your weed. The potency of the weed will be important. You can reuse the alcohol for multiple batches of weed to keep increasing the potency. Then evaporate off the alcohol until you have a concentrate. And use the concentrate as you see fit. This type of concentrate can be anywhere from 600mg per gram of oil to 900mg to one grams of oil. So one gram of your concentrate can give you two or more doses depending on your numbers.

Taste wise mixing that concentrate with coconut oil and putting it in canna capsules doesn't have any initial taste although burps are possible. Best of luck

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Good luck. foudansboite.gif

First, learn how to make a good tincture then you can work on increasing potency. You'll never achieve 250-500mg per drop. You could get that maybe with a milliliter but barely. Learn to make the tincture then you can go from there.
    7g Green/Gold Dragon Recipe Post # 34

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. A near full quart jar of decarbed bud.
    A frozen fifth of 190 proof Everclear.
    Shake 10 seconds.
    Squeeze out with potato ricer.
    Reduce as desired.
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO
    Link.

BNW

• Like Like x 1