Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Magic butter or levo 2??

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Popcorn, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Just looking for anyone who has either of these machines to give me your opinion? I have been looking for quite a while now and I'm ready to pull the plug. I definitely like how the levo has a drain on it because squeezing it through a bag is no fun. Lol so thats it just looking for everyone's opinion on these machines... to be honest the drain on the levo is 90% the reason I'm thinking of going with that one. If I want to squeeze it through a bag I could just do it on the stove.

2. As long as your looking, don't forget Ardent's nova and nova fx. They decarb and infuse.

3. Weak oil every last one of them. Useless, overpriced toys.
    I work in Tablespoons of oil not Cups.
    Old School = Make weak oil and eat a shit ton of it.
    New School = Make a really strong oil and use a few drops of it.
    All you needs is a toaster oven $20.00
    and a stainless steel cat food dish.$2.97

For 8 years I've made some of the strongest Hash Capsules possible using just that.
    [​IMG]
    75mg each with Kief.
    They are 25mg made with powdered buds.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    It is Kat's recipe.
    BNW

• Like Like x 7
  4. #4 OldUR, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    So the question is, does the OP want nothing but to medicate, or is he looking for tasty edibles with those same benefits?

I've had a MMB2 for over a year and use it regularly. In fact I'm running coconut oil through it as I type. If you're using this and "make weak oil and eat a shit ton of it" you either have a really high tolerance or you're doing something wrong. More often than not, I'd love to eat a second brownie (or whatever), but know better. There have been a few times when a quarter of one is all my wife and I need to get the results we're looking for. I've found it to be easy to use and has been well worth the money spent.

My routine has changed with experience over time. Now I'll almost always make a QWET tincture first, then after straining (no squeezing) use that same cannabis to run through the MMB2. I start with 1-2 oz of decarbed bud (not ground) in a quart mason jar. That stays in the freezer along with a bottle of Everclear over night. The next day the Everclear gets added to the mason jar of weed. That gets swirled for no more than three minutes before straining. The tincture gets reduced to RSO by first reclaiming most of the Everclear with a distiller before moving it to a coffee cup warmer to finish. While there's still a small amount of alcohol to keep it fluid, I add an ounce or two of oil (coconut, mct .....) and then complete the alcohol evaporation. This produces a great clean tasting strong oil. A small amount goes a long way and will compliment your recipes that benefit from the lack of vegetal flavors. The leftover flower goes into the MMB2 with two cups of oil, butter or whatever you want to infuse (I have a fondness for bacon fat). Two hours at 160 degrees and it's ready to use. I don't know what others do, but this has worked well for me (and friends and family).

Good luck! Let us know what you decide on and how it works for you.

edit to add:
    I found a 32 ounce stainless steel thermal mug to use instead of a mason jar. Works well for holding the low temperature during the swirl of the QWET process.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Thanks everyone for the responses!! So for today's prodject I am going to make gummies, i have made an alchohol tincture. So here is my question? I have made tinctures one other time, when I did i reduced it all the way to sticky tar. How do you work with an alcohol tincture but still get all the alchohol out?

6. You sure do love your hash capsules bnw!! I have actually used your recipe with great resaults.:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Some pics of my tincture!
    20210108_074000.jpg 20210108_073946.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. When mrsilly was making them he used store gummies and put a drop or two if tincture on each gummy. By the time he was at the bottom of the tray the top ones were dry and he started over. Each gummy had 5-7 drops of evaporated tincture on it. Then he dusted them with ?? I can't remember if it was confectioners sugar or Citric acid.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Curious. What’s your method for making tinctures?

Your oil looks good. I’ve not yet made gummy's, so can’t help with that, but I’d add a small amount of MCT oil before completing the reduction. It keeps the oil more fluid for easier use. But I have no idea how that would work for gummy’s.

Off topic, but your partial reduction made me think of something. At that point I’ve added a half cup (adjust for desired strength) of sugar-in-the-raw and mixed well. That gets spread out on parchment paper and stuck in a convection oven on its warming setting (mines 150dgrs) to evaporate off the remaining alcohol. Great in coffee, tea or anywhere else you use sugar.

edit:
    A QWET tincture is best for sugar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dude I this was acctually an experiment to see how using all my garbage(rosin patties,empty carts) to make it would work. But all I did was take some everclear put it in a bowl and threw in the patties and stirred them around... after that I put it through a strainer with a 25 micron screen. Then I put it in the Mason jar with the carts then for a final strain through 25. Placed in a pot of boiling water 3x

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Here are the gummies. They didn't come out as clear as when I have used rso from the dispo but I'm still fucked up and thats what counts ;)
    20210108_135148.jpg 20210108_135136.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. This tech is how we make medicated PEZ and Smarties. You just use a concentrated tincture and drop it on the the candy. One or two get my lightweight friends feeling quite good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. We're using our mct oil infusion the same way. We can use it alone or on about anything. I had a few drops in scrambled eggs this morning. Tinctures and infusions are a versatile way to medicate.

My wife is planning to take a .5oz eye dropper with her next week. She is taking a dear friend for cancer treatments at a bigger metro area. It will be 4 days of hotels and hospitals. The infusion should work well for her.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. We've helped so many of the wife's former coworkers I can't keep track of them any longer.
    20 and 30 year friendships in most cases.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1