Low libido

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by LSDSETMEFREE, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Hi my name is chad i just turned 18 years old and have been experiencing low sex drive for the past two years. My sex drive is much less than when i was 14 years old i wanted to fuck all the time. I am a virgin but i am a 100 percent straight male that likes to smoke marijuana maybe 2-3 times a month, i never drink alcohol and i am often depressed, i have a good diet and take a multi vitamin daily and i never eat fast food. I always eat fruits and vegetables and i do 5 sets of 25 pushups every day. What should i do i know this is not normal for someone my age.

2. Ok im not getting this sir ... How are you a virgin with a low sex drive? ... U wont know what your sex drive is like until your actually out there having sex ... so you being a virgin and never had sex yet has a low sex drive is beyond me ... please explain yourself?

3. No urge to masterbate or want to have sex with girls

4. Have you been diagnosed with depression or do you just feel sad alot because there is a difference. And it could be that because it does stuff involving brain chemistry that i dont know the details of but it kinda just gives you no urge to seek pleasure (i know from personal experience). Try and get out more and find a girl who you connect with before trying to start a sexual relationship. Go out as friends first then try move things toward there when you both feel ready. Believe me, you will just end up banging each others brains out and it will be on a deeper level than just sex. But yeah, go meet someone for them and not for just sex. or go to a party and find "that girl" if you jus wanna bust a nut.

Hope my stoned ramblings somehow help :wave::wave::wave:

5. thanks for the advice i appreciate it and yes i want a relationship for both love and sex

6. See a doctor about it. Maybe the depression has something to do with it.

7. Yeah man even tho you are young depression can still be a factor... i suffered from that shit when i was near that age and it kills your sex drive

8. Are you on any anti depressants? They can sometimes cause impotence/disinterest in sex

9. I used to take Zoloft and ever since i used to take it i never feel the same

10. Mane its the weed, had the same problem. well kinda, my first time took 4 tries with my girlfriend but i took a break from smoking for a little and i was fine!

11. 1. get out of your depression
    2. find someone to love and make you happy

p
    e
    a
    c
    e

:smoke:

12. Holy no fuckn' way!! Had I known it was that simple all along......:rolleyes:

13. Easy there soldier, you must not have read the rules

On a side note: virgin with low sex drive ..lol

14. i know right!

15. Huh. That's weird that you don't even want to masturbate, but I've personally had little to no sex drive when I'm in a depressed phase (won't even feel horny enough to masturbate either, lol). But I do it anyway because it helps me sleep :p

16. I don't want to say "how do you know you're not interested in sex if you're a virgin" because I'm sure you've probably been asked that a thousand times before...

But find a girl
    Bang her
    Do it a couple more times

Then report back saying you still don't have any interest in vaginas

17. Are you taking your Omega 3, preferably as fish oil? A lack of Omega 3 can have a major effect on your mental well-being! I learned about this from a PubMed study- (you can skip the italics)

“Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions.”

Unbound MEDLINE | Nutritional omega-3 deficiency abolishes endocannabinoid-mediated neuronal functions. PubMed Journal article abstract

The corollaries of the obesity epidemic that plagues developed societies are malnutrition and resulting biochemical imbalances. Low levels of essential n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (n-3 PUFAs) have been linked to neuropsychiatric diseases, but the underlying synaptic alterations are mostly unknown. We found that lifelong n-3 PUFAs dietary insufficiency specifically ablates long-term synaptic depression mediated by endocannabinoids in the prelimbic prefrontal cortex and accumbens. In n-3-deficient mice, presynaptic cannabinoid CB(1) receptors (CB(1)Rs) normally responding to endocannabinoids were uncoupled from their effector G(i/o) proteins. Finally, the dietary-induced reduction of CB(1)R functions in mood-controlling structures was associated with impaired emotional behavior. These findings identify a plausible synaptic substrate for the behavioral alterations caused by the n-3 PUFAs deficiency that is often observed in western diets.

Granny’s translation – “The US diet sucks big time and we are fat, undernourished, and crazy because of it. We get WAY too much Omega 6 and not enough Omega 3. Not getting enough Omega 3 can make you crazy because without it, the CB1 cannabinoid receptors in your brain aren’t made right- a chunk that is supposed to be attached, isn’t! Broken receptors give you “impaired emotional behavior”. So we think it’s the low Omega 3 diet that’s making the US totally nuts!”

Some more reading on Omega 3-

Deficiency of Dietary Omega-3 May Explain Depressive Behaviors (news - 2011) Deficiency of Dietary Omega-3 May Explain Depressive Behaviors. - Free Online Library

High omega-6 and low omega-3 fatty acids are associated with depressive symptoms and neuroticism. High omega-6 and low omega-3 fatty acids are a... [Psychosom Med. 2007] - PubMed - NCBI

How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood? How Long Before Fish Oil Works on Depression to Lift Your Mood?

Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Mood Disorders PsychiatryOnline | American Journal of Psychiatry | Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Mood Disorders

But definitely go get a physical from a doctor, hon! It may just be your depression causing your problems, but it could also have a physical cause, too!

Granny

18. It's definitely your depression. Like others said, it KILLS your sex drive. I used to have the sex drive of like a 16 year old boy up until about a month ago when my severe depression started... And I'm 19, so I am not at the age to blame it on being too old. Recently I've been unbearably depressed for certain reasons, and I haven't even wanted to jerk it or smash girls. At all. Might be TMI, but last night was the first time I had jerked in 2 weeks. I just have no desire. All I know is, once I get this depression under control, since its for very temporary reasons, I'm sure I'll be back on my game. And so will you. So cheer up lad!

19. Eat more healthy fats, eggs peanut butter. If you eat a lot more healthy fat grams you will have a great libido trust me. I doubt you get nearly enough fats in, most people don't but those who do realize the difference.

20. Yes i take Fish Oil.

It is the depression. Im gonna commit suicide soon if i dont get some help.