Low budget start

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by RecliningCough, Mar 11, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hey all
    Have been using a friends trim and press to make bad for the past year
    Finally have my own trim and want to start pressing my own

Press for making pucks
    1 Ton Arbor Press Lever Bench Mountable Bearings U Joints Pins Assembly Hand NEW 657807171107 | eBay

Puck Mold
    2x4" Rosin Pre Press Mold [Flower Puck Maker] - 3-Piece Design | eBay

Press rig
    NEW 5"x5" LCD Rosin Heat Press Machine Dual Heating Elements Swing-Arm Manual 832419274389 | eBay

What do you think?
    Any Suggestions?
    Remember VERY SMALL BUDGET!!!

2. I always thought that Rosin press was for actual nugs/flower. never thought about making pucks out of the trim. I have about a half pound of trim sitting in the freezer right now from harvest going back 4 years. just piled up. Was thinking of getting a closed column extractor, but now i'm having seconds thoughts once i clicked on your links.

However, that press looks pretty cheap just by looking at it. i'd save up 200 bucks more and go with this one.

But then again, thats just my opinion.

3. I want the 6 ton A frame press but it is like 800 and I just cant afford it now = maybe next year - and since this process started with people using a curling iron - I think it will be ok to start - and it is actually pretty nice

4. ditto. fuck it, go for it. As i shop around for that closed column extractor, im reaching 350, $375. Vacuum pump, chamber, heating pad, butane, pyrex etc. with Rosin, its just press and collect. hmmm... interesting

5. Have a friend who turned me on to dab and he makes his own seems simple enough
    pre press puck, heat press, collect, smoke, done

• Like Like x 1