Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Looking for "Old School" brownie recipe

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by skyclad69, Apr 29, 2021.

1. Wondering if any of you have a basic, old school brownie recipe..........that is, just putting decarbed weed that's been sifted into a box of Betty Crocker (or whatever) Brownie Mix (I'm wanting to keep this easy/simple..).. Would 8 grams be enough for one box..?? I have no idea as we used to use much weaker weed, but more of it.. Not sure how to calibrate with the "newer stuff".. Talking about 19% or so.... Please let me know if you know about this...
    Thanks!

2. 1 gram of 19% = 190 milligams of THC. It's actually less but that works for fast and dirty calculations.
    Decarb weed 240 F for 40 minutes.
    Grind to dust.
    It'll work better if you mix the decarbed cannabis dust with the recipe oil and heat 220 F for 20 minutes. More or less it doesn't have to be exact.
    Let oil cool to room temp and make your batter and cook your brownies.

Coconut oil hits in 45 minutes. Every other cooking oil including butter takes 2 hours to kick in.

Divide total amount of cannabis milligrams by the dose to see how many brownies to cut.
    8 grams of 19% is 1,520 grams of THC.

10 mg bite you'd cut 152 squares
    20mg you'd have 76 chunks
    30mg = 50 squares
    50mg = 30 squares
    100mg = 15 squares... My range.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Option #2 Decarb, Grind to dust, Mix with flour. Bake.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  4. Perfect! Thanks BrassNwood.. That's just what I was looking for...

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Even if it's supposed to come on in 45 minutes you should still wait two hours before redosing.

I wasn't as smart as some, I didn't know about decarbing back in the day (1960s-80s) but early on I had learned to powder the pot or else there would be little sticks in the brownies. My method of powdering was to first dry the weed in the oven until it was brittle dry which may have helped decarb a little. I also didn't know anything about dosage calculations so I occasionally took a little too much and once in a while I took a whole lot too much.

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Get yourself some lecithin from GNC. This will help enable a nice quick entry to your blood stream. Nothing worse than sitting around waiting to be high ;)

7. I hear you man! Had no idea what "decarbing" was back then.. We just toasted some weed in the skillet on the stovetop, then sifted the hell out of it.. The other issue was that I've been on all fours way more than once back in the '70's from eating far too many brownies... The classic problem......you eat the brownies, get the munchies, then eat more of the "dosed" brownies.. Bad move! Today I bought TWO boxes of brownie mix.. One for the dosed, one for the munchies afterward.....:D Learning from experience is a good thing...

• Like Like x 2
  8. I was going to add this as I didn't want to over complicate the first post. :).
    Lecithin. Any kind and form will raise the bioavailability of the oil. Gets more bang for your bucks. Higher and much longer effects from the same milligrams.
    1/6th the oil volume is what most of us use.

The best of the best way is BadKats hash oil recipe. It works with all forms of cannabis.

Decarb = 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered.
    If using buds grind to flour grade dust.

5 grams of Kief or Hash or Powdered buds or Concentrate.
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze (Optional softens for better mouth feel)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done.

I use this directly to fill capsules with using Kief.
    For baked goods you'd add this finished tablespoon of high strength oil to the recipe oil and blend well.

Lecithin comes in Soy or Sunflower, Granules, Liquid, Powder. (avoid the capsules if possible)
    All work equally well. Powder and liquid are the easiest to work with.

Making the small mud constituency batch first uses the least lecithin and interferes lest in recipes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is 15 grams of Kief into 3 tablespoons of oil. It should look like not enough oil to work and only add more oil if it's to stiff to work. Coconut oil is a solid below 76 degrees so work with warm oil.
    Years and thousand of capsules I've made with this exact recipe. Stuff is amazing.
    Kief or Hash 1 drop = 3mg
    Powdered buds 1 drop = 1mg
    Concentrates 1 drop 5-6mg

Dosing.
    To much of this stuff is a motherfuckingnightmare that just won't end. Be careful. With the extended times the Lecithin adds a heavy dose can be anything from 6 to 24 hours of HOLY MOTHER OF GOD time.
    The safe way to find your sweet spot is as follows. Start early as this can take all day.

Take 10mg and wait 2 full hours. Nod to CatusEd.
    If not stoned
    Take 20mg more and wait 2 more hours
    If not stoned.
    Take 40mg more and Wait 2 more..
    Keep doubling and waiting until it works. Keep track of how many milligrams was needed and now you have a starting point for tomorrows try.
    I take a 75mg capsule of this every day as pain control but it keeps me stoned as hell all day as a side effect.:) Opps. I can live with it. I think I can. What were we talking about?
    This oil is a cheat. It must be. Nothing should work this well day after day with no penalty.
    I know, I'll just burst into flame one day and end as a pile of ash. :)

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. 1977 my neighbor has stomach cancer, She knows I grow and asks for something.
    We grind up a fair amount. Replace half the flour with cannabis bud dust.
    Cut them small. 1 inch squares. The wife volunteers as the test dummy.
    OOOOPPPPPSSSSSSS. Holy Crap. All you really needed was a few crumbs of the damn stuff. I kept the better part of them in the freezer and it took us years to use it up. See GOD stuff. 1/8th of a square was like a microdot of....

Once you find a good baseline on this stuff it really is the ultimate way to get and stay medicated. I took my morning capsule at 06:00 and it's peaking about now. It'll be a long very slow drop down over the whole day. If I want a little boost a single toke will kick the oil in the ass for 90 minutes. 2 tokes will have me blasted and crying to stop the spinning.

Tomorrows Capsule will hit me just as hard and I'll be right on the edge of to much for an hour.
    YMMV.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  10. Spring of 2014 NYC. The wife has corporate meetings all day and I'm watching this guy selling weed at the head of the Metro tunnel stairs from my Hotel Window.
    I offer him a $5 for a pinky fingernail of Bud. He's like WTF you can't get high on that little bit. I'm gonna eat it and I only need... He gives me the bud and says you gotta come back and show me.

On my way back to the room I swing by the breakfast bar and grab a pat of butter.
    A tin foil half moon and the bread slice toaster and I was decarbed. A shot glass, the pat of butter, the bud and the microwave. It's done and down the hatch with a little PB / cheese / cracker packet.

90 minutes later I'm staggering down the block on my way to the breakfast bar and the metro stairs and I'm accosted by one of NYC's finest. BITE me. I'm so wrecked I can barely stand. He's sniffing at me and looking at my eyes and I'm swearing I'm diabetic and just need some food and I'm heading right over there not 10 feet away Mr. officcifficers please let me fucking go sit down before I fall down.

I can see the dude I copped the bud from across the street laughing his ass off as I'm doing my best to not get arrested. The Cop finally lets me go. The bud man buys me breakfast and calls his buddy over and they both want the "Recipe" I used to get that hammered off that "tiny little thing". Made me write it out for them.

It's become the "Down & Dirty Hotel Room Edible"

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. At least it decarbs and looks like it'll make a fine brownie. I never came close to perfected my brownies so I didn't make them very often. Eating them always reminded me or a cow chewing her cud.