Let's make an auto, from scratch

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Nosmatt, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Took 1 clone of each Panama, and Malawi. They are 20 days old, and it's time to flip all of it. I'll change the lighting to 12/12 for the clones and in the main room. Hope to have roots by the time they determine.
    The Rudy's are growing great, just shorter than any plant I have seen.
    20200921_180741.jpg
    Going to be a bit cramped for a little while. The bigger plant is about 8" tip to tip and probably 2" tall.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Oh man hahaha. I sure did. I think that is the higher beings telling me to cool my jets. Looking back on it I am glad I did not create an altercation. Certainly enough animosity in the world. Thank you for being yourself.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Haha, all good brotha. Don't sweat the small stuff, and it's all small stuff.

Cheers
    :smoking-rapper:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ok, today is day 25 for the Malawi and panama's
    Day 22 for one Rudy, and day 18 for the other one.
    This is a pain doing the math every few days to figure out their age, but I really want to know the day the Rudy's flip.

On a Malawi is growing like a weed. :love-m3j:
    The 3 Panama plants are really even with growth. Things are getting very cramped in here.
    My clones should be showing sex after 5 days, at least a damn hint! ... Still nothing.
    A couple were very, very large, but it doesn't seem to be a problem. They look the same as the day I cut them.
    The autos are looking much better, they have definitely caught their stride and are growing as expected now.

Malawi
    20200928_180948.jpg
    Panama
    20200928_181000.jpg
    And a couple of the Rudy's
    20200928_181007.jpg 20200928_180955.jpg

After these pics, one Panama, and the big Malawi got massive haircuts to free up some resources for the others.

Big Ole clones... I want to say the big Malawi clone sure looks like she's going to spit pistils, but I don't want to jynx myself.
    20200928_180407.jpg

Think that catches up with this project. I have a couple other things going on as well. Probably post about that in a different thread.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Good to see the Rudy's pick up pace, it's full steam ahead now eh

• Like Like x 1
  6. I sure hope so.
    Need these bad boys to sex so I can make more room in my bed for the keepers!

• Like Like x 1
  7. The two autos have started flowering, right about day 24 they both started. Both are females.
    None of the Panama or Malawi have shown sex, they have been on 12/12 for quite some time now. I forgot to write it down, but about 9-10 days in so far.
    Co2 up to 1200ppm, Temps are finally stable enough I should be able to leave the a/c off.
    Major chop on foliage, took many branches that are crowding neighbors. I could have started a compost pile with the trimmings.

The autos have huge internode length, and until flower, they grew horizontally, not up. In fact I took the first node off completely because it just grew again the mulch, not up at all.
    I did top these plants, and I really only want them for seed, so I want about three tops each I'm thinking.
    Both autos...
    20201007_064307.jpg 20201007_064317.jpg
    The rest of the bed... After butchering.
    20201008_065431.jpg
    That's about it

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sexing is all done.
    Ended up with one female Panama, and two males.
    Both Malawi are females, just my luck.
    Both autos are fems as well. Yay :(

So, I'm moving forward with the project, just using a Panama.
    I'll grow out the Malawi, and possibly make some fem seeds out of her.
    A panama/Malawi cross will also happen. Ace already has their cross of this available, but I may as well. If I save pollen, I could always add the Malawi when I grow the f1 panama/ruderalis and bx it again later. Won't be pure, but the Panama is a better grower and yielder than Malawi anyway. Might be the best of both worlds, who knows.

Here is the male I kept for pollen. It's an identical twin to the one I culled. It's just in a better spot to keep. Trimmed him all up. Excellent flower structure, didn't get a pic tonight but I'll add it.
    20201015_182804.jpg

And this is the Panama fem. Don't judge, she been cut back heavy 3 times in 7 days. She'd be well over 4 foot tall already if I hadn't
    20201015_182814.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. I was under the impression these ruderalis were more stable. I had both fems herm on me unfortunately.
    This officially closes down this project. I don't have the patience to breed out the hermie trait. Nor the expertise, facility etc...

20201027_185422.jpg 20201027_185443.jpg 20201027_185455.jpg

Here is the Panama, and Malawi respectively
    20201027_200335.jpg 20201027_200328.jpg

Different journal, it's in the indoor forum. But I'll post updates on that thread about these two plants, as well as a mex bag seed from back in the day.