Lets Build a Clone Machine *Step by Step*

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Rumpleforeskin, Aug 13, 2009.

1. I built an eight site cloner following the directions on this thread..THANKS to the OP!!
    Built 2 different sprayer frames to see which worked better..One for 2-4 sites and the other for 8..
    Got a $1 dome for it at a local Dollar store (a clear cake box top..lol)
    DIY Cloner.jpg Clones 5-1-17.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. image.jpg 14 hours later with the high psi

• Like Like x 3
  3. Time to make a 5 gallon cloner. As you know a 30 plot cloner is more economical in spring but not for making 8 clones max lol and when there's only space for six 5 gallons in a 2x4' tent it's isn't an option either.

But I will aim to fit as many in the lid as I can. Probably be this weekend's project

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yup going to have it done by the end of the week.... I found I can fit an even 12 plugs into the 5gallon lid. ....14 if need be

And oh as I guess I could of pointed out before the fittings don't need glue guys. Friction fit is sufficient enough for these things.

5. Great thread. I can add that in the past I've grown indoors using dirt as groeing medium and for lighting I've used nothing but 4 LED Flood lights per bucket and my plants flowered and matured. I did not use a poly tent or fans. My cellar is moist and warm. -
    -But I have a question about this Jet Aero approach. No where do I see seeds germinating in this post. Is there something more I should know if it's Seeds I wanna Start with? Maybe a cotton Wad in the top of little cap of the root pot?

6. Cloning is done so we never need seeds.

7. So I managed to cram in 13 cloning plugs into the lid. Not bad if I say so myself. Leak tested, cleaned, and ready to go in the next couple days.

Awhh that time in the veg were you cant even fit another thing in the tent

• Like Like x 1
  8. I'm getting a res temp in the high 70s (78-80 degrees). Is this too high, should I put the pump on a timer to lower the temps?

Excellent tutorial, thanks and cheers

9. I'm no aeroponics expert, but I think that the root system needs to be constantly moist. I've heard that some people get a chiller, but for a one bucket system, it may just be easiest to have the pump be external. Most pumps purchased on Amazon can be internal or external, and this will prevent it from heating up the water. Of course, if your temps outside the bucket are in the high 70°s, eventually the reservoir temperature is going to raise to that temp.

You'd want to:
    - Get some vinyl tubing from the top of the pump, run it through a hole (that you'd seal with submersible caulking) into the bucket, and mount the sprayers on top of the tubing.
    - Get some more vinyl tubing, run it from a second hole (seal in the same manner) that's as low as possible on the bucket, into the water in the bucket. The pump will pull water through this tube, and it will push the water through the first tube and out the sprayers.

The only concern that I'd have would be if the pump is powerful enough to still create the mist that you want through the sprayers.

10. I clone all year in hot a cool weather. It does take longer when the water is warm and the weather is hot. But it will still work

11. Aquarium heater would keep that at a pretty good temp but use a temp controller like an stc 1000 and a titanium heater. That way your temp differential will be farrrrrr less.

My latest creation...SOUR DEISEL, STRAWBERRY HAZE first run to test before the gorilla glue #4 go in!
    SOUR DEISEL, STRAWBERRY HAZE & GHOST WRECK

12. So I finally got around to using the cloner and 7 out of 8 have started to root. Temps are at 79-82.
    Thanks again for sharing Rumpleforeskin.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I got a curious thing going on right now.... looks of though my clones are transpiring salt. I used about 1/4 strength cal mag as well as 1/4 strength kick start seedling nutes (1-2-1)

IMG_20171108_191443188[1].jpg

14. How far are the sprayers from the top of the bucket? I just ask because i made one out of a tote and i want to make sure its not to tall or to short.

Great write up by the way!