Lets Build a Clone Machine *Step by Step*

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Rumpleforeskin, Aug 13, 2009.

1. I went with the original 17 sprayers and drilled the lid for 8 sites and 1 extra for the pump cord. I live in the boonies and drove 20 miles to Lowes for bucket pipe and fittings, oddly they didn't even carry lids for their buckets. So off to ace hardware. They have some nice lids with the rubber seal White is the only color they had. Will post another pic with the net pots and inserts when they get here tomorrow. Thanks again Rump for doing this.
    http://imageshack.com/a/img921/4720/KvQPap.jpg
    http://imageshack.com/a/img923/9049/YVTenq.jpg

2. Sorry I really don/t know how to add a pic from the computer to the post. This is the only way I could do it.

3. Very nice. What pump did you go with?

4. As you are creating your post...use the upload function at the bottom prior to pressing the post button...then choose either thumbnail or full image...pretty nice and easy!

5. I went with the Eco plus 396. Will Have to do some testing to see how much it heats the water when pots and inserts get here. Just want all my ducks in a row before I put any ladies in there.

6. 20170318_141831.jpg 20170318_141903.jpg
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Well the net pots finally arrived and now I'm running this for a couple of days to see how the temps are going to do with the eco plus 390 pump which I will keep a log for changes every 4-6 hours. Had to put a small piece of tape to hold the net pot down with the cord coming through from the pump so It would seat. The holes are 2".
    Had to use a 2" hole saw because I couldn't find a 1-7/8 anywhere. The ace hardware lids with the seal work like a champ, no leaks at all.

Thanks again for the share Mr. Rump I really appreciate you sharing.

20170323_182906.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. going to pick up a couple storage totes and convert them over. nice to see

are vapor domes needed? temps are around 75f at about 50-60 for humidity

• Like Like x 1
  9. So now how many misters would one need?

The two 21 gallon totes I got( est 25-40 sites) are capable of idolizing a 16" long by 8-10" wide dual box ( figure 8 design) so that measured run would be approximately 62" in length and in the OP it mentioned every inch and a half. So I'd need ? 40-42 nozzles per box.

And with that many nozzles how much GPH would one need.

I'm going to be getting all the supplies Sept for the pump later today as I'm limited on time and have only gotten to page 8.

• Like Like x 1
  10. got everything I need sept for pvc glue and a 2" hole drill. so now... I laid everything out and it looks like I can do about 34 sites per tote.

the misting frame is going to be (out side to outside) 17" long by 12" wide.... and the pump I picked up is a 290gph so hoping everything works out. although one flaw I found with the totes I picked up is the lids are flat.... fml looks like I will be making a apron for the lide to hold the water in other then that all ready for when I wake from my slumber either sunday night or Monday am

11. cant wait to see it

12. Should have it done tomorrow ( today .... Night shift) came down to 27 nozzels. Just need to drill and tap the holes with something figuer out the sprayer frame height. And figure out a apron for the lid to make it water proof-ish

13. All finished and have 4 testers in right now.

Although I went in with 16 nozzles and the pump I got the eco 265 (290 GPH) and the mist isn't as fine as it could be so I will be looking for a bigger pump. Maybe a 500-600GPH.

14. I need a heater lol. Been about a week and all that's happened is brown stems..... Hmmm

15. I never give up after a week. I had some strains (cutting) take 20 days. And the stem turns brown

16. yee there taking off like fire now lol. must of been .... last sunday... twelve days to get rootlets. I know my water temp is cold and the mist is more like droplets, but I picked up a 600gph pump today to swap out the 300 I have in right now, maybe raising the water temp?... being a bigger pump. but regardless I have 24 nozzles to power

will be up tonight so I could see poping up a picture. pending on the if I switch out the pumps i'll get a gut shot if not then not..... he he 30 site cloner

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Everything going good

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. So now I'm rocking the second machine. I have some in it for testing and the cuts are turning black. Thus far being in for two days....

All that I have done different from the last machine is instead of distilled I used filtered water ,300ppm, and the pump is a 600gph compared to the 300gph pump.

Mist is good everything is checking out. But the stems are getting black along the edges with sort of a pale coating around the stalk. The others I cut that day for the other cloner are doing good.

Do I have rot already? Like dam it doesn't matter if I lose them, but I would like to fix them up to give them a better fight.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 10 days cutting to this 51866023492__664CAE4E-47B6-4F32-9A30-45B46AA67B0B.JPG i started this clone in this system with a different pump a 170 gph submersible it would get to hot many 85-90 so I kept throwing ice bottles in. I got sick of doing this so I took a 12v 115 psi diaphragm pump with a flow rate of 5 Letters a min and put it on the outside. It feeds threw adapters I had lying around just to get it to work. To a 1/2" to 8 way 1/4" round splitter to 8 360 micro misters. Not a true high pressure aeroponics but darn close.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  20. ten days? man 12 days to rootlets for me, that would be day 15 for me