Lets Build a Bubble Bucket *Step by Step*

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Rumpleforeskin, Oct 29, 2006.

1. perfect, been looking into a dwc set up. nice to know that the roots like to clog shit.

so I,ve been looking for an air pump for a four 5 gallon bucket. just wanting to confirm with my research that I would need a 20 watt pump.... going off of a 1 watt per gallon?

2. I don't know about the wattage for the pump. Most two prong pumps will work for a single unit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 我还没有制作任何视频。 一个九桶系统将会进行大量的维护。 对于大的成长,你可能想看一个更基本的水培系统

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hey Rump. Its amazing that this thread has been going all these years. I remembered when I came across this in 07, and began my first Bubble bucket system from your guide. It worked great, plants grew so quick! I am pleased that I was able to show so many of my fellow growers the success with this setup, and with some modifications for multi-site all of us now use it! Thanks again!!
    :passtheshit:

5. #5745 Hanky danky, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    Glad I came back across this, saw this back in 08 but was growing in soil. Sold on hydro now, it's actually kinda fun and seems way easier as you can dump and start over if you screw up. Decided to use blue tubing instead and have the air check valves on the back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. Next time if you get black buckets, you can save on the tape. Also have updated that design for less parts for bucket. Like the blue tube for water level, is no longer attached to feed back into the bucket. The top of tube is fitted with a plug and a 1/4" hole to run the air tube into the bucket. This way roots wont start wrapping around the air tube entering in from the top of the bucket. Also the bottom of the blue tube that runs into the bucket, is replaced by a toro funny tee. This way you can add a small piece of tube with a ball valve or removable plug to drain your buckets. I will upload some pics shortly. This way you can save on a bucket build and have less holes drilled. I would say it would also be wise to put a temp strip on the buckets so you can monitor the water temp in the bucket. If you bucket is wrapped with foil tape, you will not get accurate readings and will have to drain water for temp checks, and you have to be fast for it to be accurate. I dont recommend this method, as there are to many variables that can give you a false reading. Grow strong my friend!

7. If you are running 4 - 5 gal. buckets that run no less than a 40 litter pump with 4" air stones.

8. I like the idea of feeding the air tube through the sight tube. I can tell that roots getting wrapped could be an issue. But I also don't plan on switching buckets at all.

I actually got black buckets form uline, food safe. I just like the tapped look better. Cleaner looking in my opinion. Just takes a while to do..

First DWC grow so I'm sure I'll make mistakes and learn a lot more. All part of the process. But this forum has a vast amount of info and plenty of helpful peeps. So I'm not too worried!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ok bucket gurus, I got one for you guys. (First grow) Im planning on running these 5 gal buckets (5) of them. (2) 4" air stones each. The 1/2" tubing is an air lift pump that will be supplying the seedling until its roots hit water.
    Each will have (2) 3.75" nets in them tomorrow for sexing then thinned to hopefully one mature plant per bucket.

These will be run with (2) 794 gph air pumps run in parallel

Ill be changing the res with a drill pump, so hopefully no bucket changes will take place.

Any advice or suggestions?

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. very nice. I looks like the real deal

11. Way. I can't believe this thread is still going. I'm looking at my old post back in 2009. Rumpleforskin do you remember me. Dirtyduane. You probably don't but please respond if you're still around please. Thank you

12. I am here daily. So many cool folks here, no way to remember every one of them.

13. I know this has been asked over and over. Do you use a carbon scrubber in your room? My room is 4x8 enclosed. Do i need 1. Please help anyone. Thanks

14. #5754 Rumpleforeskin, Jun 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    I use one, but I live right next to a boat load of neighbors. If you don't mind the exhaust smelling like a few skunks got chopped up in a fan, then you won't need one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I'm surprised that nobody has posted anything at all for a while now. This thread is the best. Ty.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bump. Just because

17. I purchased all my grow equipment including the sentinel controller. now building my completey sealed 3x5x7 grow room. I used 2x6 walls for insulation purposes. Waterproof rubber floor. My question can I put a ac window in this small room. The air conditioner will have fresh air. Will the sentinel work correctly. I'm not sure of any other way to cool the room. I have thought of electronic dampers when it gets to hot. Please help.

18. They have a few types of AC units. Mini split and other that don't bring in fresh air is what you are looking for.

19. Oh man the nastalgia.... Rumple I first found your thread over 10 years ago before I had ever grown. You were a true inspiration. It's been at least 5 years since I've been here, it's bringing back some great memories :)

20. #5760 Reo, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    Finally going to be biting the bullet. I accidently grew a 4x4 dwc monster that's drinking about 1-2 gallon a day and is contained to just a 5 gallon bucket. Which is making for a pain in the ass to change or even top up and now that its tied to the ceiling all I can do is top up.

I picked up a 36 gallon tote. it will be a recirculating setup using 3/4" fittings and hoses. I'm just on the hunt right now for bulk heads as to make it all look clean with a through hual setup

week5.jpg
    that cola in the back left should be pop can sized territory by the end, and ya I say accident this is my first dwc and I vegged for 4 weeks not expecting this pink kush to stretch 4x its height and go from 1' round to 3.5' round

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1