Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Large scale decarb

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by potfiend, Jan 22, 2021.

1. #1 potfiend, Jan 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    I have a 5 gallon bucket of trim to decarb. I have never decarbed more than an oz at a time.
    Is there a point where a large quantity will retard the process?
    Was thinking a little more heat 250F for 20 min take out and stir, then 30 min at 240.
    About 1/4 of material per pan, roughly 1/2 lb@ a time.

Anyone have experience decarbing large quantities, all help appreciated.

2. Quantity doesn't matter if temperature is uniform throughout the material.
    It's easy to visualize how the center of a large batch could be much cooler than the edges, so keeping a uniform temp might be difficult.

A different strategy would be to convert the shake to kief, then decarb that.

• Like Like x 3
  3. How would I make keep?
    With screen?

4. Dry ice keif is easy enough to make, need a bucket, some small chunks of dry ice, and your weed.

O and micron mesh

Easy... Haha who am I kidding, it's a simple process but requires quite the physical effort, unless of course you have your hands on a hashmaster 5000
    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Reduce it as much as possible. Trash can and a weed whacker gets it done. :)
    I decarb the bud scraps left after I smash it for kief an inch thick at a time.
    I use a 6 x11 pan that just fits in my toaster oven and spend a few hours decarbing a 5 gallon bucket of scraps.
    It's about the consistency of ready to roll buds.
    240 for 60-70 minutes to allow for the mass. Good enough as the Tincture I make from it and the RSO it gets reduced to is wicked powerful every time.

BNW

6. My job gives me access to dry ice that come in tubular pieces about the size of half of my pointing finger.
    This is a waste product and I can get 2-3 lbs of it on a fairly regular basis.
    If I put my trim in bubble bags, lined the bottom of a cooler with dry ice, put bags on top, then covered with dry ice, sealed the lid overnight would my product then be properly frozen?
    Or can it only be accomplished with beating it up in the ice?
    Or am I still missing something?

7. You are correct.
    That weed will be frozen solid.

8. Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO

It's a combination of the super cold and the shaking action that knocks the trichomes off.
    With the last jar of hash turned to caps it was time to make more hash..
    [​IMG]
    Hashmaster 5000
    [​IMG]
    Setup
    [​IMG]
    The pre-run bucket.. Does some initial chilling and we do a few manual shakes to get things started.. Limiting actual time in the power bucket keep to much frost from building up on it and contaminating the hash with moisture..
    [​IMG]
    60 seconds of low-medium speed gets it done
    [​IMG]
    When the scraps bucket was finished we got going on the jars of bud
    [​IMG]
    Goodness
    [​IMG]
    Scraps.. This will get alcohol reduction to RSO later
    [​IMG]
    15-20 grams per jar.. I packed this group so closer to 20..

BNW