Kuey's First Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Kuey, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Hey everyone. I've finally decided to start growing some plants of my own. My friend had a small bag full of seeds that she has been collecting over the months. I picked out a few of the seeds that stood out to me and used the old wet towel in bag method to get sprouts. We will see how it goes.

I'm new to the whole growing experience but I plan on putting a lot of effort into these babies. Some tips would be great!

2. Goodluck man, hope your doing a hydroponic or indoor grow, since its kinda late to be doing an outdoor grow.

3. Yeah, Indoor closet grow.

4. Good luck getting started man. Do you have everything else ready for once they germ?

I'm a few weeks ahead of you on a first grow in a cabinet - lots of fun, but also lots of waiting :smoke:

5. Did they sprout? How's it working out?
    Oh snap, that ryhmes...:hello:

6. #6 p_snickers, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
    paper towel works well. i put the wetted paper towel into a sandwich baggie, wrap it up and put it in a warm place...works every time

start yourself off with some jiffy peat pucks to sprout your seeds in...a good amount of sphagnum peat moss and perlite. It's a good base for organic growing. there are a lot of good soil recipes on this site, search through the organic forum, there is a LOT of info on there

i could give you a quick n easy soil mix if ya wanted