k's organic SOG&SCROG~

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by k status, Jul 26, 2010.

1. #1 k status, Jul 26, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2010
    hello my fellow blades, welcome to my journal. i hope you enjoy, as much as i do.

Strain: 11 L.A Confidential clones off my mother, "L.A OG Affie/Afghani"

1 king's kush clone.

Soil: Roots Organic
    Pots: Aurora Root Pots, just like smart pots, but cheaper :) made by aurora innovations.
    Nutrients: roots organic
    veg: soul synthetic line:
    grow/grow-n/amino/infinity.Flowering:roots organic line: bloom/hpk/hp2/trinity
    other solutions: PH Down/cal-mag/neem oil.

Lighting:
    t5'
    s for veg.
    400w hortilux hps + cooltubed.
    for flowering.

layout, plans, and goal.
    Currently i have 12 clones "SOG" in a 3x3x7 tent.
    i bought a tray not to long ago for my plants, and boy it saves your life from watering and flushing, with limited space.

-i have a scrog set up, with chicken wire, i used string previously, it wasn't really as effective as i hoped.

-i fimmed all 12 of my ladies last week.

-i just nuted my ladies yesterday.
    2.5 gallons of water:
    30ml of soul grow.
    20ml of amino aide
    4ml of grow-n
    20ml of trinity.
    10ml of cal-mag

i plan to flush all the veg nutes tomorrow, then flip the switch 3 days from now and start flowering.
    they are all in 2 gallon root pots, and are about 1 foot tall.

Goal: aiming to hit about 1 1/2 oz per plant. the l.a confidential isn't a high yielding strain, but the one i have has a nice stretch to it, so it could help with the yield maybe? i plan to lolipop and just aim for 12 HUGE COLAS.

the l.a confidential pheno that i have has, a: lemon/piney/littlesour/dieselfuel funk to it, darkgreen buds layered with white crystals with purple hues underneath.
    this strain finishes as a true indica kush.

i have a few a pics of some i grew previously from the mother, she was LST'd so i don't know how the she'll look in as a 2 foot sog, with minimal branching,.. check it out gc. -K

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. just put my ladies into flowering last night. :)

i plan to use the MH 400w bulb i have for the first 2 weeks of flowering, since blue spectrum minimizes stretching and hps induces it, but i might switch to the hps sooner, since the l.a confidential isn't a stretchy plant.

3. rockin' grow k!

bout to get nice and dank in there. i love the 12/12 switch, get's me all giddy inside ;)

btw... "lemon piney sour diesel fuel funk" that sounds fantastic.

Continued prosperity my friend.

4. Looks good!

I'll be keeping an eye on this grow.

5. Update demand!

6. *updated.

Day 9 of flowering, week 2

Gonna water the ladies today, i plan to switch to my HPS bulb on the 14th day of flowering.
    Here's a few pics guys, nothing to big, they're just starting to fill the screen real nicely, and small preflowers.

Also some other pics just to kind of show you what the inside looks like, there are 3 fans in there so don't worry about ventilation, i plan to put 1 more once the budding gets serious.

enjoy. -K

Attached Files:

7. Lookin' healthy dude......sendin' some good vibes your way:cool:

8. Very healthy looking plants. I cant wait to see them in a few weeks!

9. thank you kindly.

thanks for tuning in, i'll keep u posted.

UPDATED~

Week 2. Day 13 of flowering.

i switched to my HPS bulb 2 days ago, been noticing quite some stretch, the screen is filling in really nicely. i can't wait to see it 2 weeks from now.

Some pics to enjoy

Attached Files:

10. Looking good in there dude. Keep us posted so we can cheer ya on!

It's all good.............!

11. K stat can you explain further and/or link me to a site/post that doest explain the possible benefits of keeping the MH on for the first couple weeks of 12/12.

+rep very nice S(cr)OG

12. thanks bro i'll be posting an update within the next day. ladies are starting to bloom now it's beautiful.
    i appreciate the fine lines patrio. i'm really glad i was able to make a valid description of the confidential, i wasn't really sure if i knew what i was talking about. LOL

13. thanks bro i'll be posting an update within the next day. ladies are starting to bloom now it's beautiful.
    i appreciate the fine lines patrio. i'm really glad i was able to make a valid description of the confidential, i wasn't really sure if i knew what i was talking about. LOL

ok, sorry it's really hard for me to explain this:

MH bulbs produce a blue spectrum minimizes stretching with plants when they are flowering, HPS produces a red spectrum that induces stretching when you flower.

So during the first 3 weeks of flowering your plant will 1-3X in size in depending on the genetics.

most people switch to a HPS bulb immediately when they flower, but that will produce really skinny stretchy plants, so it's best to use a MH to reduce the stretch and allow the plants to grow slowly, but more surely.. if you get what i mean?

This is the better method for people that don't have much space to grow and are trying to utilize flowering to it's fullest.

you only need the red spectrum from the hps during week 4 till harvest because that's when all the plant's energy goes into budding instead of leaves, branching and stretch.
    that's when your plant needs red spectrum, hopes this makes sense. -k

14. sorry for the lack up updates guys, i can't find my camera. so i can't take pictures.

the l.a confidential is on day 41, i have 2 separate phenos.

the mother i currently have is a green pheno, the other one is the white pheno.

i really want the white pheno, because it's far frostier smells nice, and bulks up way nicer than the green one.. sadly i did not take another clone of it.. so i might end up revegging one of the clones once i'm done with flowering.

i also currently have 3 chocolopes and for 4 headbands. aka sourkush from reserva. "OG/SD" seedlings going on.

i'll take pictures once i find my camera lol... -k

15. Hey man, nice looking SCROG you got going.

Do you have Co2 going in that space?