Kind and expert growers, please help me with my first Setup for outdoor plants.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Qawans, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Hi,

I'm about to plant Bruce Banner (photoperiod) in 10 x 10 Gallon Fabric Pots Outdoors.

I have Ocean Forest And Happy Frog Soil.

And Two Bags of 10 lbs. Natures Living Soil in order to make the soil living with the bottom layer Super soil mix.

The way I plan to distribute the soil mix and NLS is the following.

Top 2 gallons are just plain Happy Frog.
    Second 3 gallons are 2 gallons of Happy frog mixed with 1 gallon Ocean forest.
    Third layer is 1 gallon of Happy frog mixed with 0.5 lbs. NLS
    fourth layer is 1 gallon Ocean forest mixed with 0.5 lbs. NLS
    Bottom Layer is 3 gallons Ocean Forest mixed with 2 lbs. NLS

This adds up to 5 gallons of Happy Frog and 5 gallons of Ocean Forest and 3 lbs. of NLS. (I'll obviously take out the 3 lbs. from the soil to make room for the NLS)

I may be overthinking this but I tried to layer it in a way that the root system will gradually get into "hotter" soil as it goes deeper.

The Nature Living Soil guys told me the bottom layer of 3 Gallons of Ocean Forest mixed with the 2 lbs. NLS will probably be too hot and I should only use 1 lbs.

But I don't know if only 2 lbs. of NLS will be enough for a 10 gallon pot.

Please Advice me on this kind and expert growers.
    Thank you kindly

2. My 2 biggest threats outside are Powdery Mildew and Caterpillars.
    Potassium Bicarbonate for the PM
    1 tablespoon per gallon of water. Apply once a week every week start to finish.

BT Thuricide for the Caterpillars.
    Bacillus Thuringiensis
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lowest ratio is usually sufficient.
    Apply once a week every week in flower. I start Aug 1st or sooner as the just forming buds are the most susceptible. Once the Cattie gets established in the early bud he is semi protected from eating the treated leaf.

Run a bug zapper in the area.
    BNW

3. Brother do you continue to treat with Potassium Bicarbonate during flower, or drop that and just go to BT? Reason I ask is last year was the first time I used BT, but I treated all the way through, not just during flower. Sad to say, I lost probably close to 3 pounds of bud due to mold and I only found one dead caterpillar. Could I have fucked up because I treated with BT during veg? Really frustrating!

4. Thank you both for the replies about the dangers of Powdery Mildew and Caterpillars. although I am more concerned whether the 3 gallon ocean forest mixed with 2 lbs of natures living soil will be too hot for my plant at the bottom of the fabric pot.

5. I have to fight Powdery Mildew from early veg right up to harvest.
    Caterpillars usually as soon as flower starts.
    This is hot, dry southern California and mold has not been a concern.
    I spray when it's convenient, morning or evening when temps are moderate.
    High Humidity for me is in the 40s%
    Low can hit single numbers. We stood at 9% for 3 days running 2 weeks ago.

I've had to use BT in veg more then a few times when the moths invaded the veg shed and the little fucks were chowing down the fan leafs.

Cannabis (really all plants) is going to send a tap straight to the bottom of the pot and into your "To Hot" soil.
    Use FFOF for 2 inches in the Base. Then set a Medium pot inside the grow bag. Now fill in around that pot so you have an outer ring of hot soil with a hollow in the center.
    Change to a smaller pot and add a layer of FFOF inside that.

Now you should have a nice hollow hole in the center to drop your tender new plant into. At least that is how I'd likely do it if I didn't just mix it all together and take my chances. I amend my in ground sites soil with hot Chicken Manure between each run and I've never burned a plant. A 1 pound coffee can to 1 cubic foot of old soil.
    Review of Nature's Living Soil for Growing Cannabis | Grow Weed Easy
    Review of running it straight. Just mix it all together and don't sweat it.
    Either approach will work as it's not that rich.

BNW

• Like Like x 1