kdiesel's back of the basement grow(2019)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by kdiesel, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Lotta variables when it comes to drying. I like the 7-7-7 technique 7days at 70 degrees 65-70%humidity. I think it really all depends on how much material you leave on the plant if you do full plant hang or separate branches and remove fans. Once the stems snap that’s usually tell tale sign that theyre good to go. When that happens i trim and get em into jars quickly as possible. Then i burp the jars as many times as I remember. Usually once before leaving the house in the morning and once when i get home and before bed. When they go into the jar there should be very little moisture. If they go in there damp and spongey you get mold or hay smell. You want them pretty dry man. Ive definitely made the mistake never ended up with mold but def had some hay smelling herb before.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Thanks. I did the 777 method. In jars now with a biveda humipak

• Like Like x 1
  3. I try to dry at about 65°. When I get it up to 70 I start smelling too many terps getting lost. I dry until buds can snap off the branch then jar. Burp once a day for a minute for a week. Then a couple times a week then once a week then once every other week. I always have the smell back on my buds by the time I jar em. Never too dry, never too wet. Always ready to smoke lol

• Like Like x 3
  4. Try to get 58% bovedas if you can. You want the buds around 62 but the 62% bovedas seem make things a little to moist. If you have the 62s its fine but just make sure you really burp them. If your like me and sometimes you forget to burp em then I suggest 58s.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ok1 week curing..They have a bit of a citrus smell. I burp them and have also put them out flat. I check with a jewelers loop for mold or anything else. Looks fine no brown spot or white mold growing....Is this the process? When does it get tat pine smell? Should I have dried different?

• Like Like x 1
  6. smoke is great super head high, since most trichomes were milky, some clear and some amber. No harsh smoke. I didn't flush. Is it necessary

7. Sounds like you’re doing the right thing. Do you notice a cut grass/ hay smell? If you do then they may not be dry enough to jar. A citrus smell is great, thats the terpenes. Theres a lot of different strains that can smell like orange or even lemon citrus. The pine smell may not be a characteristic of that particular strain. Or maybe it may develop with curing. When your checking them out, take note of how they feel. should be dry to the touch on the outside but shouldn’t be so dry that it crumbles. The inside should have a bit of “sponginess” for lack of a better word. But the buds should break open pretty easily. The stems should all snap at this point. If you have a hygrometer that fits in the jar you can put it in there to get an idea of moisture content should be around 58-60% for storage.

• Like Like x 2
  8. heres what they look like. Yes it snaps when I break a bud open

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Super sound advise! I needed that info too! Screen shot. Thanks bro and happy growing! 20200113_164907.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. theyre Trap Star

• Like Like x 1
  11. Looks great . Glad it worked out for you. Nothing better then homegrown meds thats been dried and cured to perfection! Good job man good luck on next round. plants are looking healthy!

• Like Like x 1