kdiesel's back of the basement grow(2019)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by kdiesel, Mar 27, 2012.

1. The grow that just finished was in 5gal smarties. This next one is going to be 10gal. I’ve never made seeds either bro. I keep on thinking that one of these days I’m going to get at least one via a light leak, but it’s never happened

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yea definitely more challenge growing in smaller containers I’ve been running 7s for awhile but after seeing what prepper420 is pulling off in the beds I’m thinking about moving the op from upstairs in the finished attic to down in the basement where I can put a giant bed. The floor up stairs might not hold all that weight kinda sketchy... if I can get the basement sorted out insulated and ventilation/dehumidifiers I’m going to go with one of those giant beds and one of them drip irrigation systems. It’d be sick to not have to worry about watering or pots drying out. Could focus attention on other areas of the grow op.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  3. I would do the same but since my space is limited, I have to use tents.

As for the blumats, I’m looking into getting a system set up for the flower tent. It sounds like heaven to not have to worry about watering every other day

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dude, it is sick. And the plants like it more - constantly at optimal moisture, it's always a party in the root zone.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  5. Think I ended up with a deficiency because I vegged lil longer than normal and the plants started fading way early. Think my pots were little too small. roots ran out of room to search for nutrients. Oh well ended up with some cool colors and some crazy terps. yield wasn’t great but looks like some nice smoke....can’t complain.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. What size pots u running? That’s the reason I’m going from 5 to 10 gal on this next cycle. More soil gives you more time seems like.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 7s. I was trying to stall a little bit. The timing on the perpetual kinda got messed up, was waiting for flower tent to clear out, ended up vegging longer than I should’ve. I was thinking doing 10s or 20s but I know I’ll just wanna go up again lol. I gotta get a bed going. seems like the way to go. I have bed outside and seems like plants do much better when roots got more space to operate.

8. Speaking of running out of time, I checked the veg tent last night and my clones are root bound and yellowing. It’s a good thing that today’s the day to transplant as the harvest is dry and the tent is free.

Let’s get the fall season started

• Like Like x 1
  9. Good to hear about the blumats. Got a sample order otw. Hoping for the best and didn't wanna buy 30 carrots without knowing it was gonna work. Lol
    Man K! Plants looking great in here and TL that's a lot of fantastic old school and new school strains!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  10. Gonna try something new this go and go for a larger harvest vs several strains. All but 4 are strawberry Aurora and the others are my own crossing of sunset Sherbet x Crockett's blood orange tangie.
    Those blumats will def come in handy _fall_back_1570189375811_IMG_20191004_063925.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  11. That sounds like a great idea jones! That’s what I’m going to do when I find a strain that I’d like to have a ton of. I’d be fascinated to know how yours turn out

• Like Like x 1
  12. That sounds like a great idea jones! That’s what I’m going to do when I find a strain that I’d like to have a ton of. I’d be fascinated to know how yours turn out

13. Glad to hear it. Think I'm gonna do a journal on the grow. Might start it today How's everything going with you my man??

• Like Like x 1
  14. Things are good bro, I’m curing out this last harvest and trying my hand at scrogging for the first time. I should be harvesting this next grow around new years

15. awesome man! i'll probably be harvesting around when you are lol come check out my new grow journal when you have the time! :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. How are the plants doing??

17. What the fuck is this shit???? I didn’t approve of this, I’m calling my lawyer.

18. Uh oh. Case of mistaken identity

19. Yea uh that wasn’t me lol..plants are doing great in week 3. I got a screen with 4in holes that made weaving the plant a little difficult:

IMG_1072.JPG

Here’s a couple shots of the buds from the previous grow cured and tasty af

Critical kush
    IMG_1071.JPG

Gorilla breath
    IMG_1024.JPG

I’m popping the next round of seeds on the 1st. Got green crack, stardawg, and pineapple chunk. Gonna veg the fuck outta those to have enough to hold me through the summer..
    Cheers bro and happy holidays!

20. I have a question.... Drying and curing.... so many ways to dry. I went with 7 days at 70 degrees with 55-60 % humidity. All dried now and in jar curing. When will that dank smell come back. Some say to dry for 4-5 days then cure in jars until chlorophyll smells go away other say to dry all the way with some moisture in buds then cure! Newbie here.... Any tips? I hope my harvest ( first time) hast ruined