kdiesel's back of the basement grow(2019)

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by kdiesel, Mar 27, 2012.

1. I have a similar problem with mine. It's in a corner so can only access 2 sides of the scrog but it still seems to be going along well

sent through time and space via GrassCity

2. Ok, lights are off and will be off until the next group goes in flower. The plants will be in darkness until they come down on thurs/fri. They haven’t been watered since the weekend, but I’ve noticed that they haven’t dried out at all which means they are taking up less water.

Either way, they should be fairly dry when I take them down in a couple days. Maybe I should update my profile pic with the resin coated pruning shears from this harvest...

• Like Like x 1
  3. I got a ton of pheno hunting to do lol and not enough space. Friend of mine popped way too many seeds and offered me a deal I couldnt refuse gave me like 7or8 different strains like 4-6 each and couple cuttings off of some choice mothers idk where I’m going to put them. Thought of you because it means it’s time to thin out the herd smh (Que violins) there’s going to be some culling going down very soon.... decisions decisions...

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Yea man this dudes like the seed/cut sourcing master. I got shit I had never even heard of:
    - Banana punch
    - Van Helsing
    - God Bud
    - Blue God
    - Lucky charms X Wookie
    - Pink Kush
    - Pineapple Chakra
    - Pineapple Honey Bunz
    - GG#4 X Pineapple cheese
    - Blue Cookies
    - GDP X Fruity Pebbles
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  5. I had seeds that I was ready to pop till these things came knocking at the door lol seeds gunna have to wait. Hoping I find a few nice females outta these.

• Like Like x 1
  6. A couple shots of the plants I took down Saturday

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The veg plants are damn near root bound in their starter pots and are aching to get in some bigger pots and stretch out. They are going to get their wish on Saturday

• Like Like x 3
  7. Yea God Bud is supposed to be the shit in Canada. Blue God is God Bud X Blue Dream. I’m pumped to see what GG#4 X pineapple cheese is like. Van Helsing is supposed to be crazy (purple punch X GMO).
    Banana punch supposed to be nuts too:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Idk if you’re in a legal state or what but I wanna trade cuts/beans with someone on GC some day. that’d be sick.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ya bro I’m in a state that’s currently a medical state. But thanks to our new governor, we turn recreational as of Jan 1st!

We used to trade beans when I first found the city in 2010, but I took a hiatus from growing while I finished my degree and the folks I used to trade with aren’t on here anymore

I’d be cool with it, gotta find something to do with these extra cuts lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lol that’s exactly what I was thinking. Every time I throw out a cut I’m like damn there’s someone out there thatd would love to have this plant .

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bro I have 9 in veg now that I’m going to have to cut to 4 because of the size pots I’m using. And this is after I’ve given away some already to get a friend’s grow off the ground. It really does suck lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Can they really stay viable that long?? I have more seeds than I can grow, and I almost bought many more out of pure greed and love for the plant, but then the rational brain took over and I decided to just stick with what I have.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. To be honest I wasn’t sure either he says he stores them in small containers with rice and puts em in the fridge and monitors humidity. I know seeds can last up to few years in the fridge but he’s got seeds from 10+ years ago! All the classics: super silver haze, nyc diesel, chem dawg 91’, AK47, all those high times winners from early 2000s. He says he uses them as bargaining chips to trade with breeders when there’s something cool or rare that they’re reluctant to give up. I’m sure viability is affected over time but even if you get 1-2 to pop out of a 10 pack of some old school genetics it’s gotta be a win to be able to use those for breeding . Nowadays everything’s being super hybridized everything’s either polyhybrids or F1. But imagine being able to back cross with a strain from couple generations back to stabilize and bring out certain recessive traits that were lost over time.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Just recently started learning about breeding I’ve been growing for about 4 years but never did any crossing. My friends been teaching me about genetics he’s older and been around the block and been growing since pre legalization. He’s got me thinking about getting a breeding tent going in the future. He did an open pollination outdoor this year by selecting a lemon skunk male and putting it in the center of his garden. The surrounding females were all different hybrids but they all had lineage that could be traced back to the lemon skunk. Essentially he was backcrossing and stabilizing all the crazy hybrids he had. Ended up getting a ton of beans and ideally they should be more stable and have more traits from the lemon skunk father. Told him I’d be willing to help him pheno hunt. He’s gotta have 2-300 plus seeds there’s gotta be a Michael Jordan in there lol.

• Like Like x 2