Kaya Gold - Nirvana

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by CarloMarx, Oct 10, 2011.

1. #1 CarloMarx, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2011
    Kaya Gold by Nirvana
    Indica/Sativa Hybrid leaning Sativa
    Growth: Outdoor; organic
    Cure: Two weeks

Aesthetics: 7/10
    The buds boast beautiful dark pistils all over the place and are absolutely covered in trichomes. The strain doesn’t have incredibly dense bud formation and is a bit leafy, but almost all of the small leaves are frosty. An overall dank looking nugget.

Smell: 6/10
    The smell is very faint when you put the nugs to your noise, but when you break them down a very powerful dank aroma is released. It’s a very pungent, earthy, and piney scent—quite difficult to describe. In addition, a menthol-like smell emerges when broken down in a grinder.

Stickiness: 10/10 :D

Taste 5/10:
    A very piney tasting bud accompanied by menthol-like inhalation. Earthy undertones are present, but don’t contribute much to the overall flavor.

Potency: 8/10
    I’ve sampled some pretty fine specimens since I began smoking and this strain really keeps up. A couple hits will really get you going; a full bowl will take you to outer-space. Kaya is a heavy hitter in my book.

The HIGH: 8/10
    The strain is definitely NOT a creeper. After two or three hits it really grabs a hold of your brain and provides an enjoyable head-buzz. As the session progresses a slight body-high emerges, but the stone remains very heady and potent. Kaya Gold is an upper and will induce plenty of laughter—a very happy strain. Smoke it with a significant other and you’re in for a treat when you get to the bedroom. Orgasms are mind blowing.

While it can kill some pain, this strain doesn’t possess great medicinal qualities. The high is very strong and might cause some to be anxious—not an incredibly relaxing smoke until the end of the experience. However, it would be good for mild depression.

I recommend this as a daytime smoke. The comedown isn't too bad and it's definitely not hard to stay active.

The length of the high is somewhere around 3 hours depending on your tolerance.

The smoke is pretty smooth, but it could be better. More curing time will probably do it some good.

Preferred methods of consumption in descending order: Vaporizer, joint, bong, and bowl.

I will have to say that this strain really goes great with a cup of red (rooibos) tea. It’s hard to describe, but the tastes are very compatible. On a side note, I highly recommend a warm glass of tea with your next session :D.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sup-herb work sir! I love sexual sativas. lol sorry, i just lit a fatty.

3. Decided I'd give this a little bump..

4. Nice smoke report man. Sounds like it was a decent strain.

Would you grow it again?

5. Yeah, it really surprised. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it is. I'm not sure if going organic made it better, but it impressed me for sure. It grew like a champ and smokes like one now. I'm definitely growing a plant in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Great smoke report! Since it has been a while and you are still smoking it, has it gotten better from the longer cure? How many weeks until you cut? Just asking as I have three of these flowering now plus three more vegging and was wondering. Thanks for making the wait seem more worthwhile!

7. #7 CarloMarx, Nov 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2011
    Yes, the quality definitely improved over time. It's been curing for over a month now and I think it has reached its optimum potential. My friends couldn't believe the potency of this stuff when I shared it with them. It takes 3-4 people to get all the way through a joint in one session (for us at least).

I waited around 8 weeks to harvest the only plant that I didn't get ripped. However, I know this can be harvested at 7 without sacrificing quality-- it's a quick finisher. The other two would've been right around 7 weeks and they looked beautiful. I didn't have a microscope to look at the color of trichomes so I just went by the color of the hairs. You'll notice them turning a dark orange when they're ready to be cut.

8. bumpity bump

9. Damned fine report!
    I have Kaya Gold x Headband in my possession, it's good too :)

10. That seems like it would be a fun cross! In my experience kaya was really heady so I can only imagine what the headband adds to the high.

11. so im about to grow these in a big box on my porch i have the following questions

Would the yield be increased within practical reasonableness by extending the grow to ten wks?

what grow nutes if any would you recommend?

im also thinking about getting nirvanas germination kit, any thoughts on that?

thanks in advance, this will be my first grow.