K-Train Seed/ Strain Review & Smoke Report

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Fresh Jive, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Strain: Greenhouse Seeds "K-Train"

Medium: Soil- Mixture of Roots Organics, my own compost, Jersey Greensand, perlite, kelp meal, garden lime, and composted manure.

Light: 400 watt MH for Veg/ 600 watt HPS for flower (Sunmaster Bulbs)

Nutrients: Roots Organics Budha Grow/ Bloom, Trinity, HPK, HP2, and Ancient Amber

Bag Appeal: 9/10- What can I say... It's good looking bud! My amateur pictures do not really do it justice. Plenty of glistening trichomes and it has a nice reddish/ purple hue to it.

Smell: 10/10- This is by far one of the dankest smelling strains I have ever grown, if you are worried about smelling up the place then this may not be the strain for you. It is almost overwhelming when it is growing! And when it is dried and cured, you better have it in an air tight container! This will strain will make your entire house WREAK :eek:

Taste: 7/10- It's a bit harsh and the smell does not completely translate into the smoke. It is earthy and spicy but all in all not a bad smoke.

The High: 9/10- Total muscle relaxing and quite honestly a good strain for having sex! Seriously, this strain should be smoked at home, maybe a couple of drinks and some bedroom beats and all is goooooood :)

Comments: All in all this was GREAT Bud! I will have to say that this strain will absolutely NOT clone! I tried cloning 3 different plants of the K-Train and ALL of them went Hermie on me!!! I used my Aero Cloner- Hermie, I tried cloning gel then str8 into soil- Hermie, I even tried just sticking them into a glass of water- Hermie!!!

They root very easily but just turn into hermaphrodites EVERY damn time! It's a shame because it is a really good strain. I heard the same thing about the original Trainwreck and since this is basically GHS's version of it then that makes sense.

Grow it from seed and I think anyone would love to ride the K-Train :)

Pictures!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope everyone enjoys this report :)

~ Fresh

2. Looks good, i think GH does something to make it hard to clone?

3. I would not doubt it!

Most companies now seem to be leaning towards "proprietary" strains.

I have noticed that it is becoming hard to find "Regular" seeds, everyone seems to be going Feminized Only.

Kinda Sucks

4. Great looking Bud :smoke:

5. Are all those plants A-Train. I love trainwreck. Props:hello:

6. K-Train :)

Yeah, I got a couple of different phenotypes going on there but yes they are both GHS K-Train.

7. I really like that red plant. Its super sexy.:eek:

8. Yeah that red one turned out to be the dankest of the lot.

EXTREMELY smelly and an all around great smoke!

9. How many did you grow and was there just one red one?

10. I grew a total of 5 plants and had only that one red plant. The others had a lot of purple leaves.

The red plant also had different calyx formation than the others, fewer pistils, and was wayyyy more dense. I am actually trying to re-veg her right now, she was special :)

11. too bad that strain wont clone. i wish greenhouse would selll regular seeds so we could get seeds for ourselves.

12. It totally sucks and it looks like A LOT of companies are going to Feminized only seeds.

I actually just received a big order from the Attitude of only Regular Seeds so I won't have to worry about seeds for years :)

My next grow is going to be a 12 strain seed production/ crossing experiement :)

13. Fresh Jive, I've recently started 2 K-train (4 weeks old): one is an indica pheno--short, stocky, with very wide leaves; the other is taller with considerably more internodal spacing (although still with fairly wide leaves).

I was wondering if you had any tips for K-Train?

A) Do you know if they take well to topping (I topped the more mixed pheno seedling to keep her close in height to the other one)?

b) Do they like heavy, medium, or light feedings?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!

Glad to be a part of the city,

Budbrain

14. The K-Train does really well with topping and it can take a lot of nutrients.

I had 2 different phenotypes as well and even though one of them was shorter it still stretched out a lot during flowering.

It is a fairly easy plant to grow and like I said it LOVES nutrients. I actually started feeding once a week with my girls rather than once every 2 weeks and they seemed to take it very easily.

Make sure you go the full 9 weeks with these girls, they actually look like they are getting close to harvest around 6-7 weeks but they need the full 9 in my opinion. I let some of my girls actually go 10 weeks.

The only problem I had with this plant is that it WILL NOT Clone! I tried several ways to clone the K-Train and ALL of the clones went Hermie on me :(

But it's all in all a really good strain if you grow from seed.

Good Luck

15. Thanks much for the info,

Bud

16. #16 budbrain007, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2011
    Fresh Jive, just curious:

A) what was your average yield per plant?
    B) how long did you veg; how tall were they when you switched to 12/12?
    C) how much stretch are we talking here--double in height, triple?

Did your plant exhibit leaf curl? Mine are very healthy looking, but the fan leaves ruffle and cup upward/inward. I figured that the pheno that it's happening more on is the sative pheno, so perhaps it likes it a bit warmer. I raised the temp a couple of degrees in the veg tent--no difference. Relative humidity stays around 45-55%. I suppose ultimately that it won't matter much, as it doesn't seem to affect growth or health of the plants.

By the way, your plants and buds look VERY nice!

Bud

17. I actually did see some leaf curl, started to get worried at first but they never showed signs of nute burn, or any kind of problems.

And, I vegged them for 6 weeks, topping them 3 times.

Average yield per plant was roughly 1.5 ounces.

My girls stretched a little more than double in height, The K-Train has a lot of Indica in it so it does not stretch a ridiculous ammount.

I should have said it stretches a lot for an Indica :)

18. I think the color might be caused from low temperatures. The strain itself reacts like that I heard.

19. Nope, my grow room is always in the mid 70's and sometimes gets a little too hot but never cold.

I know some other growers who try to chill their grow rooms with an AC unit but I never have.

The color is str8 genetics.

20. Here's my 2 K-Train at 8 weeks flower:

Attached Files: