ISO 91 % for reclaiming

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by M3ssenger, Mar 11, 2013.

1. If you're evaporating your iso to save the claim, heat that shit up to like 200F. Its already decarb'd so theres no use in using low temps, you're not preserving any terps, they've already been burned off.

Also, heat your iso up before washing your rig to make things a little easier ;)

And yes, Filter it anyway. What I do is freeze the iso/claim solution for a few days basically like winterizing. There is solids that coagulate in it and I filter it out.

2. Freeze it and then filter it? Would It even freeze?

3. Well no, I mean just leave it in the freezer on its lowest setting.

4. I just reclaimed with 91 again. Trying to keep it dust free while evaping, so I put a paper towel over the dish. I'm wondering if it'll evap right thru the paper towel, or if it would hinder the process.

5. get 99% alcohol on amazon 

6. Grainger sells 99% Iso, you can buy it by the gallon or 16 oz. bottle

7. Whoa holy revival batman!
    I don't even dab anymore but thanks!

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

8. #28 dabKling, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    can't believe nobody said salt.

add rock/sea/kosher (anything not fine grain) to alcohol and shake.  salt will scrub all the nooks and crannies.

I often put a little alcohol (maybe 1/4 cup) in my rig, then run the rig under hot tap water (on the outside, not into the joint or mouthpiece) so that the whole piece heats up and also heats up that alcohol (heats up quickly).  Warm alcohol is gonna work almost as well as hot, not much sense trying to get it hotter imo.  Now u add salt, shake, voila.

-you don't use/reclaim the salty shit. u can, but eww..

9. Just did my first run, got probably .25 of yucky shit but whatever it gets me higher than flowers if you dab it. I used 91 percent and heated it at 200 until it was super evaporated. It's not even liquidy at all more like resin ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405129767.769372.jpg

10. Damn way to high on your temperatures man that stuffs gotta taste like shit!! Lol

You probably trapped some alcohol in it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. How? I thought over evaporating it would be the best way to remove as much alcohol as possible?

12. Depends on if you spread it thing or purged it in a ball like that, if you whipped it, how long did you leave it at such high heat?

You burnt your terpenes for sure.

13. Whoops, forgot we where talking about reclaim lol,

Yeah not bad!

14. I'm keeping the left over iso from cleaning my vape pen in a jar and will evaporate it after a few more cleans.

I'm just going to leave it on a dish for a few days, do I need to whip it? What is the reason for whipping?

I'm not worried about this, just curious but what would happen if iso was stuck inside and you inhaled it? Is it the same as inhaling the bottle It came from?

15. #35 phukyoo, Jul 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
    I get my 99% from Safeway but amazon has it too. Trust me, huge difference when you switch from 91% to 99% in color and taste.

16. That shit looks nasty, throw that poop away!

17. We are talking reclaim here, it will all be nasty. Not meant to be smoked but for edibles(sure some people smoke it but that's nasty)

Trim Nazi

18. Just reclaim with boiling water, drain into a glass dish and go fishing. I reclaim about an 8th a week. Makes me a batch of the most fire Rice Krispie treats ever 👌.

19. you get 3.5g of claim a week? holy shit man wtf?

20. Yeah it's heavy seshes. But mostly the rookies that come over and dip the dabber in the hole of the Domeless. At the end of each dab. I don't mind it, the edibles are amazing. Plus I have a hitman double barrel recycler and a slugworth Loki Klein that both reclaim like crazy. My sundae cup and zob toob don't claim up as bad.