ISO-3 The Quartermaster -- Alchemy Class

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by PsychedelicSam, Apr 6, 2017.

1. 2000ml reclamation so far. 2 hours

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Starting second batch 2200ml
    10:30

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Second reclamation. Still more

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. It's probably going to be 190, too, Stiggy. One of the good things about the QM is that it came with a hydrometer. But it would have taken a week or two to reclaim that much. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. It should be less potent a little
    March 13, 2016 at 6:24 AM

The alcohol will be a gin, in that it will also contain some water and monoterpenes, but we typically use it interchangeably with fresh alcohol. You can further purify it if you desire, using a compound refluxing still

• Like Like x 1
  6. You know, this is the ISO-3 thread. You probably should have posted this process in the larger tincture thread but it's not a big deal since we've run out of things to do with this one. That's why I was hoping Wiz would show us something new instead of just being contrary. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. That was a complex still. The reclaim from the QM I've used several times with no issues. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 2
  8. How did you use the charcoal? :huh:

• Like Like x 2
  9. I was reading about what they call "Clear"....... its made with an alcohol wash and short path distillation then cleaned up by running it several times through charcoal then zeolite and something else I can't remember at the moment. The end result looks like a light corn syrup that is used for smoking.......Could one do something like this with the QM?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Enough to dissolve all the oil on that dish into solution. Maybe 4-5oz then put it in the freezer for 36-48 hours then filter and evaporate on some parchment or silicone. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. The problem with labs is that you can't send samples unless they're in the same legal state you are. If that's not the case then you're pretty much out of luck for testing unless you get creative. There are self testing methods that are reasonable. Thin Layer and a couple of gadgets have gotten good reviews. :)

• Like Like x 3
  12. I haven't seen anything yet that would lead me to think that it can. That would definitely make it worth the money. Distillate is pretty darn good stuff if it's done right. Not only is it used for smoking but also any edibles or other products because it's active and doesn't need to be decarbed. You can put some on a cracker and get great results. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

13. I’ll have to leave it in the freezer till the 28th. That ok

14. PSam I can use in my bong

15. Why do you need to leave it in there so long? It's ready to filter in 48 hours and then evaporate. :huh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. I suppose that you could if you put it on a bed of material or use a banger. A lot of people dab it. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Going out of town

18. Should I just wait put this in the freezer and redo when I get back?

19. I would wait and just leave it in the cupboard until I got back and then winterize it and evaporate. I would go ahead and dissolve the dish in the fresh alcohol then put it in a jar in the cupboard. Then when you get back you just stick it in the freezer and finish it off. :mellow:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Thanks so much PSam

• Like Like x 1