ISO-3 The Quartermaster -- Alchemy Class

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by PsychedelicSam, Apr 6, 2017.

1. I know there is some moisture in it. I thought it would evaporate like the alcohol.

• Like Like x 1
  2. It will but water evaporates slower than alcohol so it evaporates first which leaves those oil globs as it goes. That doesn't happen here in the desert but others have experienced it in humid climates. It seems to happen during an air evaporation and not a heated one. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 2
  3. It’s rained a lot here. I should have put in a beaker with stirrers and vap it off. I tend to fall asleep on those close ones and burn it.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Something about how that turned out with the tray drying above.
    Was it 151 or 191 and if 191 why the separation like it did?
    And to reclaim a gallon and a half how much Everclear did Joinerc use to wash his product with (everything he used to extract from)?
    It was more of a statement than a question

• Like Like x 2
  5. OK did not see this

• Like Like x 2
  6. STIGGY I used 2,000 ml beaker Four of them.Had 800 ml of steams, trim, leaves. Everything’s been in freezer separate 48 hours dry ice. Took out of freezer added together, you can C the product and EC about 800ml. Now I had 4 beakers full. Put back in freezer 48 hours. Took out and filtered like GD receipe. Put back in freezer 24 hrs and vacuum filtered. Put in distiller and it ran a long time (I didn’t measure how much I put in distiller). So far I have recovered 1.5 gallons EC. I use a electric temperature reader so I can get to -50 in freezer. I used 4 gallons of EC. I have the rest to do Monday. I will measure the liquid I put in distiller. The second and third rinces are clean EC. I’ve attached pic. I usually fall asleep during the distillation and burn it so I made sure I stayed awake. It has rained a lot here.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  7. I didn’t Measure the rense EC. I just pored

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Can you explain how you are using your distiller?
    I have one but never used it, are you using it to reclaim the everclear from the herb left over after squeezing out the green dragon?
    Or are you using it to only reduce the everclear out to increase the potency ?

• Like Like x 2
  9. #1529 Joinerc, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018

I am STIGGY ,using the distiller to reclaim EC. Never thought about making product more potency. I’ll learn that next hopefully from you or PSam. Started smoking in 1973. Last 3 years started getting in to reducing expenses from other peoples product. My goal is to do the water wash first to remove chlorophill. Wiz Steve brought the water wash up after i started.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Here it is 7 hrs latter. Air dried

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  11. What are your plans for it now?

12. It’s sticky. What are my options?

13. I’ve been busy today. Need to sit down and finish Cannabis Alchemy

• Like Like x 1
  14. There are a lot of people that do a water wash, whether with hot water or a cold flush, and it's not that uncommon. It's just not an official step of the QM process. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I'm not sure the distiller would work that well reclaiming the leftover alcohol from the material unless there's a temperature adjustment. It might burn it. The QM has nearly done that with just a light bulb. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. If I had realized you were going to do it like that I would have suggested lining the dish with parchment paper. The you could peel it off. You'll need a good scraper. You may be able to put it in the freezer. You can scrape it into balls. I think that if it were me, I would wash it down with a smaller amount of fresh alcohol and winterize it. Then let it evaporate down again in a parchment or silicon liner.

That looks like a pretty good yield for the material you were using. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I agree
    I was trying to see what they use it for?
    Still not sure what they use it for.

18. Looks Nice for sure

• Like Like x 1

19. There are two types. Essentially oil and regular distiller

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2