ISO-3 The Quartermaster -- Alchemy Class

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by PsychedelicSam, Apr 6, 2017.

1. That would depend on how you plan to use it. I don't think it's much use for the regular joe who buys bags for personal use. From what I've seen, it's really only good for reclaiming alcohol and producing full extract cannabis oil by way of the soxhlet extraction. If you're a grower with a lot of trim then it would come in handy. You can clean it up, like Wiz was saying, but it's still limited in scope.

If you've got someone who needs a heavy medical product for cancer or some such then it is ideal but not if you want to make the pristine oils. I'd recommend the Turbo Source is you wanted those quality smoking concentrates but it's just too damn expensive in my opinion. :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. The discussion with Wiz about the boiling water and the smoking oils has given me an idea for another use of the FECO that someone has made. Unfortunately, I don't have any resources to try it myself so I'll put it out there for someone who may have a harvest coming up. I couldn't convince Wiz to come up with any details but he did get me to review the Cannabis Alchemy handbook again, which is where I got this in a roundabout sort of way.

You can use oil that you already have if you want to try this. It's a good way to store your stuff. You're making hash, like temple balls or charas and you'll be able to smoke it. It will have a long shelf life, too. You can heat it and press it like Gold Seal.

If you're making fresh oil and want to make some for this purpose then I would suggest using a water wash, boiling water or slow cure before the extraction since this is a smoking product.

Perform the QM extraction with your material but I would stop it around the 12 hour mark instead of a full 24 but that's optional. Reclaim your alcohol if desired and reduce your solution down to the oil. Measure out your oil to know how much you have.

If you've just harvested and have lots of material, you can use it for this next step but if not then the material you've just extracted will work, too. The main goal is create bulk for the oil to adhere around. Leaf can be used or flowers for a more premium hash.

If using fresh dried material, pulverize it to dust (after water wash and dry). If using the spent material, let the alcohol dry out then pulverize it.

The info I have for making a charas or pressed hash is that the blend of oil and cannabis dust is 50/50 at most. The less oil, the more powdery the hash. Warm the oil until it flows. Warm the dust in a warm oven for 15-20 minutes. I would also warm a mortar or other receptacle.

Place the cannabis dust in the mortar/receptacle and pour the warm oil over it. Work the mixture with a pestle or knead it with your hands. You can place it back in the warm oven for five minutes if it stiffens before you have it mixed.

Roll it into balls, fingers, charas while it's pliable. Press it flat if desired between two heated metal plates in a vise.

This idea is a simple reinterpretation of Section 4 of the Cannabis Alchemy handbook, page 37-38. I wish that I could proof it but I suppose that I'll have to leave that to someone else. Seems simple enough. Just_Cuz_06 (2015_10_01 04_32_03 UTC).gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I had the iso 2 back in the 80's and if I recall correctly that after extraction and some reduction, you would put some of the spent herb back into the solution on the bottom for it to soak up the oil/alcohol solution. Kind of like putting the coffee grounds back into the coffee. After further reduction or drying it was supposed to be a much improved smoke able product. I never really cared for the stuff that the machine produced - I found it to be harsh and so lung expanding that it gave me coughing fits. Maybe the good ol days weren't so good after all

• Like Like x 3
  4. Harvest 7/1/2018 ill keep reading and get back on the 2nd

• Like Like x 2

5. You would use ISO 4
    WELCOME TO D. Gold Alchemy

6. Do you think its worth it? Is that you in the video?
    WELCOME TO D. Gold Alchemy

7. Just got off the phone with Dave and MaryAnn at D.Gold I think I'm going to order. $836. tax and delivery. I wonder what do you think about the company and product? Is that you in the video showing how to use ISO-3? Just noticed I'm very redundant today, Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah, I smoked some of that stuff and you're right, it wasn't that great. I preferred buds. I think, though, that with the removal of the polar compounds, it could be a good thing. It might take a little trial and error to get it perfected but I believe it would be a good project. It's a drag that I don't have to ability to follow through with it. I could use a project to get me out of the doldrums. patroncigarre.gif

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think that if you have the material then it's worth it. You wouldn't have to use premium buds to try it out.

Which video is that? The ones in this thread are mine. :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dave and Mary Ann seem to be good people and conscientious. I've always gotten quick and positive results whenever I've contacted them.

I can't say how the Kilomaster is as a product because I've never used one but there are some features that are an improvement from the QM. If I was spending nearly a thousand bucks on a gadget, I'd for sure be researching everything positive and negative about it. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. You tube

12. I have a couple QM videos there but they're the same as the ones in here. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. It’s ever clear and air evaporated after the distillation. Is this what it’s supposed to look like?

14. No, it's not. You've got 151 and not 190 proof. The dark spots are the oil that's beginning to separate. It will be okay. It just takes a bit longer for the extra water to evaporate. If you had the QM or the KM then you could have up-proofed your alcohol before using. The same thing would happen if you used the 151 or lower but you wouldn't notice it if it were in the containment vessel.

You may want to wash down the sides a bit with some fresh alcohol. Did you use your distiller on that? How much did you reclaim? Did you do the boiling water wash? :huh:

• Like Like x 1
  15. This was the stems, trim, leaves. Distiller returned gallon and half. I didn’t do the water wash fist.

Attached Files:

16. Im confused

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Definitely 190, isn't it? I have never seen it glob up like that without moisture in it. In the right climatic conditions the alcohol can absorb moisture from the air and that's one of it's chemical properties.

You're making oil anyway so that's not going to make any difference. Just let it keep evaporating but wash down those sides. There doesn't appear to be much left if you've already taken off a gallon and a half. You may get a decent yield with that, for scraps especially.

In one of the ISO devices you wouldn't have noticed that since it's all contained. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. How come, Stiggy? :huh:

• Like Like x 1