Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is this QWISO safe to smoke?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Jan Uzi pop skrah etc, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Hello :)) thanks for reading my post, I'm sort of sketched out and don't know if my qwiso is safe to consume. I'm very new to qwiso, I've only made it once previously and it looked nothing like this.
    First unfortunately a wall of text, but the explanation is necessary

I let some stems and some leaves rest in 99% iso for a day, shaking occasionally, then let it evaporate in a plate for 48 hours with a fan blowing on it.

After this there was still some iso left at the bottom of the dish, but i got impatient and transferred that remaining liquid to another plate, so i would have some oil quickly while that remaining liquid dried(which it still is doing)

So i was left with a plate that had a very small amount of dark green liquid still present at the center.

I then put it in the oven at 50 degrees celsius
    ( 122 F) for about 5 minutes. All remaining liquid had gone. I then did it again at 60 degress celsius ( 140 F) for about 3 minutes.

Then i let it rest at room temperature for 4 hours.

At this point it looked like in the pictures, except no bubbles. I wanted to try and smoke it, but was afraid that perhaps there was still some iso left in the mix. So i gave it 5 minutes in the oven at 90 degress celsius (194 F) immidiately upon taking it out of the oven, i noticed the bubbles.

There seems to be 2 types of bubbles, very small ones, and big ones that are light green in the center.

So basically my question is, is it safe to smoke? I'm sorry if my methods of drying are absolute haram, but it worked extreme well last time i did it. I got some great shatter, but this time it's oily and I'm just left wondering if this is a health hazard.

I know that the actual purging method people use is low heat for many many hours, but since this worked last time I'm puzzled why it didn't this time. Only thing i can think of is that i didn't give it a heat bath for 5 minutes like i did the first time, but does that really make that big of a difference?

Thanks for reading, sorry for being a noob

Attached Files:

2. You left it in ISO for 24 hours? It only takes like 10 seconds (hence the name quick wash iso).

It's going to taste horrible, but yes it's safe.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. yeh I think it's safe. I use a little candle warmer for a few hours.

4. My friend that knows much more than me recommended i let it sit in iso for a week. I didn't have the patience for that so i just did it for 1 day. Idk what his logic is but he probably has a good reason
    Anyway i tried smoking it, it sizzled like crazy and tasted like shit. I could taste some iso in it, but not much i think. gave me a headache immidiately and a couple minutes later i had to throw up. so i just decided to say fuck it and throw the rest out. It really sucks because it was the last stuff i had, and i was really looking forward to it too.

I know i probably could have just let it sit until tomorrow and maybe just given it some more heat or something, perhaps the heat bath it lacked in the first place.
    But for entirely personal reasons i just can't do this shit no more, i think at the very least I'm done messing around with ISO and other things i just don't know enough about. I'm using cannabis to treat my anxiety and OCD, and this experience really sucked and just made it worse. My own fault ofcourse but oh well.

Thanks for your comments you guys, i really appreciate it, honestly.

And if someone's worried I'm dying or something, I'm pretty positive I'm not. The headache is going away and I'm feeling better. I think there was some amount of iso, that probably caused the headache, but honestly i think it was just the taste and the psychological impact of the sudden headache that just gave me some anxiety resulting in me feeling worse than i probably should have.

The takeaway for anyone looking at this post 7 years from now, and wondering if they should go for it, is just wait until tomorrow at give it a little more time

5. Your buddy you were listening has no idea what he's talking about. I do a single 30 second wash with ice cold ISO and ice cold flower. I then do a slow evaporation over 24 to 48 hours over low heat (never more than 140F) to encourage a more shatter like consistency.

I recommend you use everclear or 190 proof ethanol for your extractions in the future. The wash is longer at 90 seconds to 2 minutes but you don't have to worry about putting poison in your body if you don't purge correctly.

Read some stickies in the harvesting and processing forum to learn the right way to do this.