Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is there anyone that thinks using Cannabis is healthy? If so how?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by James5v, Apr 11, 2021.

1. I was just wondering if there was any evidence that would suggest Cannabis use is a healthy thing to do. I have seen numerous ideas of how it could be harmful but few about the benefits of it from a health perspective if there is one.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. #2 BrewsnWeed666, Apr 11, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2021
    The benefits are pain relief if you're in chronic pain like myself lol + weed also helped me get of a pharmaceutical which made me sick if I missed a dose even when I didn't need it..

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I can be in pain so bad I can hardly walk then 1 bong rip later I can.. :smoking:

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. I can find lots of evidence before 1971 and after that cannabis is an accepted and highly useful medicine. What I find more interesting is that in that year America decided to change the name of cannabis for the benefit of fear mongering to marijuana and then outlawed it. Because of the fearful response of the American Almighty President at the time, bad guys smoked the reefer and became the public enemy number 1.

Funny how drugs as medications make people fat and sick in a continuous healthscare loop, whereas a medicinal plant heals people without a need for profit motive.

So all in all, cannabis has always been medicine and will continue to be so for all of human existence on earth and possibly even Mars one day.
    :RoorRip:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I use it for pain and for sleep. For me, it was easy to dump pain rx meds in favor of marijuana.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Txs for the replies.

• Like Like x 3
  7. I've seen studies that suggest cannabis use can protect the liver from damage caused by antipsychotic medications, which are known for having nasty side effects such as causing diabetes. Cannabis use is also associated with a lower risk of diabetes.

Besides that cannabis helps me maintain a healthy BMI. I have my medical card for Crohn's and use cannabis daily to help suppress nausea and stimulate my appetite.

• Like Like x 4
  8. It has been linked to possibly help with conditions such as; insomnia, depression, loss of appetite, Anxiety, arthritis, loss of sleep.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. For otherwise healthy fit individuals without medical issues, occasional use is simply a potential pathway to greater fun capable of making one happier. That noted, IMO regular daily use not so because as long as one does so, it changes a body's brain endocannibinol system, though some won't care if that makes them mellow.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 WeedCat, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    One of the reasons why you'll find nothing but negative stories and studies in the US is because it was illegal for so many years and the NIH kept putting false info of how it can hurt us but nothing on how it can help us.

Cannabis is a medicine first and foremost. People have been using it for thousands of years to relieve pain and for other issues. I used the healing oil in 2012 when I had a stage four cancer diagnosis. There are hundreds of stories here how people use it to kill their cancerous tumors. Cannabis Health Radio

It's a neuroprotectant, it regulates blood pressure, it helps people who have suffered trauma as it forces your mind in to others places rather than just focusing on one thing, it helps women who suffer from bad menstrual cramps, it helps people who can not sleep, it brings down inflammation, and the list goes on..

No one has ever died from it.
    If you really want an answer to this question, watch this documentary that came out of Israel. They have been working with the plant the longest and all the good studies come out out of Israel and Spain.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. [​IMG]
    I don't know where to start...Grannies place for now:
    Study on the History of Cannabis

The January 2020 Granny Storm Crow's List!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. #13 Storm Crow, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    You want some positive effects of cannabis? Here's a few examples why you should be using cannabis-

If you get Covid, both THC and CBD reduce the inflammatory cytokines that damage your body- you just shouldn't smoke it.

"Like Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC), the most well-studied cannabinoid, CBD decreased lung inflammation in a murine model of acute lung injury potentially through the inhibition of proinflammatory cytokine production by immune cells and suppressing exuberant immune responses. CBD can inhibit the production of proinflammatory cytokines like interleukin (IL)-2, IL-6, IL-1α and β, interferon gamma, inducible protein-10, monocyte chemoattractant protein-1, macrophage inflammatory protein-1α, and tumor necrosis factor-α that have been associated with SARS-CoV2 induced multi-organ pathology and mortality." From “SARS-CoV2 induced respiratory distress: Can cannabinoids be added to anti-viral therapies to reduce lung inflammation?” SARS-CoV2 induced respiratory distress: Can cannabinoids be added to anti-viral therapies to reduce lung inflammation? - ScienceDirect

Cannabis use can SAVE YOUR LIFE if you sustain a severe head trauma! (No, those stats are not a misprint!)

In “Effect of Marijuana Use on Outcomes in Traumatic Brain InjuryEffect of marijuana use on outcomes in traumatic brain injury - PubMed they found that “Overall mortality was 9.9 per cent, however, mortality in the THC(+) group (2.4%) was significantly decreased compared with the THC(-) group (11.5%)”

Are you old enough to worry about Alzheimer's? :unsure:

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at double the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.” From “Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer'sMarijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

The ID-1 gene makes several cancers even more aggressive, CBD "defuses" the ID-1 gene, making the cancers easier to kill!

“Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells” Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells where “CBD represents the first nontoxic exogenous agent that can significantly decrease Id-1 expression in metastatic breast cancer cells leading to the down-regulation of tumor aggressiveness.”

In the rather technical study, “Cannabinoids Increase Lung Cancer Cell Lysis By Lymphokine-Activated Killer Cells Via Upregulation of ICAM-1Cannabinoids increase lung cancer cell lysis by lymphokine-activated killer cells via upregulation of ICAM-1 - PubMed they explain that THC, CBD and R-Methanandamide, all cause cancer cells to become “sticky”, so your immune system's Killer Cells can grab the cancer cells more easily and destroy them! Interestingly, the cannabinoids “ignore” healthy lung cells, so your Killer Cells just go after the “sticky” cancer cells! The abstract concludes- "Altogether, our data demonstrate cannabinoid-induced upregulation of ICAM-1 on lung cancer cells to be responsible for increased cancer cell lysis by LAK cells. These findings provide proof for a novel antitumorigenic mechanism of cannabinoids."

(FYI- “Lysis” is the death and decomposition of a cell; “ICAM-1” is intercellular adhesion molecule 1, which makes cancer cells “sticky” and easily destroyed by the LAK which are your Killer cells; and “R-Methanandamide” is a synthetic cannabinoid very similar to your body's own endocannabinoid, Anandamide.)

If you are getting Chemotherapy, cannabis can help it to work even better!

In “The Antitumor Activity of Plant-Derived Non- Psychoactive Cannabinoids” it was found that “Cannabinoids however also sensitize, and in some cases resensitize, tumors to first-line agents. A cannabinoid drug treatment with a low toxicity profile that together produces direct antitumor activity and sensitizes tumors to existing first-line agents is an attractive therapeutic modality.”

Migraine sufferers also benefit from Cannabis use. For me, daily use of cannabis completely PREVENTS my migraines!:yay:

In "Effects of MEDlCAL MARlJUANA on Migraine Headache Frequency in an Adult Population" (PDF) Effects of Medical Marijuana on Migraine Headache Frequency in an Adult Population they came to the "Conclusion - The frequency of migraine headache was decreased with MEDlCAL MARlJUANA use."

In spite of the prohibitionist propaganda, cannabis does not kill brain cells. Actually, cannabinoids cause neurogenesis, the formation of NEW BRAIN CELLS that help to keep your brain young! (I'll be 74 in July, and my brain works just fine! :D)

Cannabinoids attenuate the effects of aging upon neuroinflammation and neurogenesis. (abst – 2009) Cannabinoids attenuate the effects of aging upon neuroinflammation and neurogenesis - PubMed

A lot of folks have PTSD, cannabis helps to manage the symptoms.

“Greater than 75% reduction in CAPS symptom scores were reported when patients were using cannabis compared to when they were not.” From “PTSD Symptom Reports of Patients Evaluated for the New Mexico Medical Cannabis Program” https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02791072.2013.873843#tabModule.

And finally, to give you an idea how much cannabis research has been "swept under the rug" and ignored- I offer these two "elderly" studies on epilepsy..
    "Chronic administration of cannabidiol to healthy volunteers and epileptic patients" (PubMed - 1980 Chronic administration of cannabidiol to healthy volunteers and epileptic patients - PubMed) where "4 of the 8 CBD subjects remained almost free of convulsive crises throughout the experiment and 3 other patients demonstrated partial improvement in their clinical condition." And even earlier, “Anticonvulsant nature of marihuana smoking” PubMed/JAMA – 1975
    Clinical Studies and Case Reports .

(FYI- epilepsy can kill you. “As of December 2013 estimates of SUDEP, are closer to a range of 5.5% – 18%. In the US that translates to 121,000 to 396,000 deaths each year.” From “45,000 sudden unexplained deaths in epilepsy” at “Living Well With Epilepsy” Sudden unexplained deaths in epilepsy . How many of those deaths could cannabis prevented? We will never know!)

Now I've just given you some highlights of the benefits of using cannabis! I could go on for another 10 or so pages of quotes from studies. Parkinson's, MS. fibromyalgia, arthritis, spasticity, anxiety, strokes, Huntington's disease, neuropathic pain, depression, and many more conditions are successfully treated with cannabis every day!

The biggest downside of cannabis is the favored method of use- smoking it! Smoke of any sort is rough on your lungs. But cannabis is versatile- we can eat it, use tinctures, or vape it in a herbal vaporizer. (I just finished my daily edible as I was writing this.)

Now, how about you open up this link New January 2021 Granny's List and start educating yourself? You've been swallowing the government's propaganda long enough! :confused: It's time for you to learn the medical facts about cannabis! And if you are hesitant about reading actual medical studies, there's a section of my List that is all news articles. There is SO much more to cannabis than merely getting high! (Although that is fun.:GettingStoned:)

Remember that governments lie. And they lie heavily about cannabis!

"Look, we understood we couldn't make it illegal to be young or poor or black in the United States, but we could criminalize their common pleasure. We understood that drugs were not the health problem we were making them out to be, but it was such a perfect issue...that we couldn't resist it." - John Ehrlichman, White House counsel to President Nixon on the rationale of the War on Drugs.

Granny :wave:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1