Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

is telling my doctor I smoke weed OK now in 2020 in California.

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by joel72287, Jul 16, 2020.

1. If they’ve taken any kinda sample from ya like piss or blood they prob already know whatya been up too lately

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. #22 CrazyLettuce, Feb 21, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    I don't know.
    I still dont tell my dr I smoke weed, just because way back before legalization, I remember reading that some drs wont give out the good meds if you have drug usage on your file. Not that I think my dr would do that, but say u break ur pelvis, something crazy like that and go to the ER in the future, the ER dr sees "marijuana" on there and then decides to restrict u from any good meds and give u ibprofin. Fuck that.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yup my pysc is the dr that frist made a recommend, he told me not to tell my primary. Like he said, it isn't any of their business. The effects of cannabis are nominal to interact with other meds. Its against the law for them to test for illicit drugs unless your in the er for an unknown reason. Like brass always says, you cant uncook a steak.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Only if you want accurate medical advice and treatment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I’ve always been honest when they ask about recreational drugs.

• Like Like x 1
  6. So at a federal level it's illegal. Most insurance companies are in more than a few states. This might be a reason to dump you if you start costing them money

7. #27 MegansIons, Mar 15, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    I would suggest that you tell your doctor if you use any type of drug because it directly influences a treatment that you may be prescribed. It is written above that if the doctor knows that you use drugs, he will prescribe medicines of lower quality, but I do not believe this is the case. In reality, if you hide this fact from your doctor, he may prescribe you a treatment incompatible with a drug you use. Smoking weed is not as dangerous as using cocaine, and, at that, doctors are required to keep all patient data confidential. But if you are still afraid to talk about it with your doctor, you can use the online platform iinsight.biz. After you specify all your data there, you will be able to consult a doctor who, when you tell him you regularly smoke weed, will react professionally.

8. I know I am stupid late to Responding to this. but in my deviances grasscity should make it so I get emails or ON here showing I have a Notification. I had TO type in my name just to even find this.
    but with all of that said. I did tell my doctor about me using cannabis.
    and he was OK with it. but in away I do think I made the wrong choices because now I can't get even stronger pills because the doc said that there are higher medicine but he won't give them to me because he says the pills and the weed won't work together. and I told my new doctor that I smoke weed so that I can get better pills for my Insomnia because I never told my old doctor but my old doctor didn't know but he didn't know what other pills to give me I tried Ambien and a lot of other pills and even with weed I may get 6 hours off and on. unless I make a few Rso pills or a thing called LA moon rockets oil that has a 1000mg but for three I think I pay 145. and I am worry if I some how get another job if I could get pain killers. because I live in LA county. which is hard on drugs. like with some doctors you have to Either do weed or pills but you can't have both.

9. To an extent

If you are a woman with mj in your record you will be drug tested at birth and CPS will be involved if you test positive, I also wouldnt smoke while pregnant anyhow, but I do wonder if being honest with my doctor cost me from getting better drugs after labor, it was very difficult to get anything, and I did have a nurse try to get me something stronger, as in she requested xyz and they didnt give me that at all, not even close.....they gave me fucking motrin

Youd think a negative test and 9 months of no usage youd be treated like someone who can manage their shit

At the time I told my doc, I thought I was doing the right thing, and she does seem pro MJ, but it still happened

Doctors are mandated reporters

10. thanks I appacited
    wisdom tooth just gave me Ibuproffen 800mg and I have a bad back . I could tell you that don't do shit. Especially if you had Hydrocodone before I did get some onetime with the tooth pulling.

11. I just don't tell my doctor's anymore.

For what it's worth, using cannabis daily helped me wean off opioids, after 4 back operations.

Lying to your doctor is certainly not ideal, but my thinking is that I am my own doctor and I know what's best for me. And really they work for patients, we don't work for them.

12. I am glad you got off of pills I only take pills if my nephews are over or when I was on the Job because I have a really bad back too and my insomnia sucks. but I did smoke sativa before doing my overnight shift so I could stay awake.

13. Do you still have apnea? Do you exercise and what is your body fat %?

14. There are now rx medications coming with marijuana as part of a warning, like alcohol can increase affect etc.

15. #35 Smakybiba, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
    Periodic or regular exposure to cannabinoids may not cause visible physical damage, but often the harm of marijuana is manifested by the development of severe forms of mental disorders, such as mania, schizophrenia, and other forms of psychosis. So, we can talk about the formation of drug addiction that requires treatment. Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. The fact is that I have been working as a narcologist for several years, and before that I studied at the trinity school of medicine Ultimate Guide to Caribbean Medical Schools. For several years of work, I saw so many people smoking weed, who needed not only a narcologist, but also a psychologist with a neurologist..

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  16. There are reasons you might want to tell the Doctor also...

Cannabis might interact with other drugs the doctor is/will prescribe for you in ways that aren't good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I went to high school with my Doctor.
    He was a freshman when I was a senior .
    I knew his older brother very well who was a senior as well . There was no need lying to him especially when I first started seeing him because he always wanted to talk about the crazy shit his brother and I did in high school
    By the way his brother is a criminal defense attorney now .
    I wouldn't recommend being dishonest with any Doctor or Defense Attorney !

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I only talk to them after I ask them one simple question.
    How do you feel about the endocannabinoid system?
    Mostly I get blank stares or they get really uncomfortable. They don’t get anymore of my time.
    Increasingly though, I get a positive reply and have had some very enlightening conversations with them. The young docs get it, but the old guard was never taught about it so they are at a loss.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Correlation is not causation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hell my MD was the one who told me to try smoking weed because her supervisor won't let her prescribe opioids anymore.