Is space the medium for light? new experiment

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by trevorjohnson32, Dec 10, 2020.

1. i had to come back after noodling on it a little bit and doing just a small bit of googling. i think i might understand better your thoughts and your example, perhaps not!

if the femto camera example you shared was photographed in a vacuum it is interesting how visible light does seem to enlarge as a bubble. the shape could also be result of absence of visible light, or, if the photograph was not taken in a vacuum then perhaps the shape of the visible cone is impacted by other nano particles in the air. idk, but it is interesting.

during my casual perusal of articles around this topic l read that the farthest visible object in space is thought to be 13.26 billion light years away! theoretically, that distance from earth would be the same along the arc or circumference of the distance of the object and the earth as long as no other objects interfered.

and leopards have night vision thought to be 7-8 times that of a human. they dont hunt so well during the day but on a lightless, new moon night they can see as a human might see in the infrared spectrum.

it remains a thought provoking statement you offered. cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  2. How can a photon have a perspective ?

3. sorry i was pretty baked when i wrote that haha, i thought he was saying light uses light to travel through space. I was being metaphorical photons don't have eyes but at the speed of light time actually stops so if you were a photon from when you were emitted from your source and once something absorbs that light it's instantaneous from it's perspective. we see the light travel across a galaxy say for a million years but for the photon zero time passed since it was emitted and then absorbed.

4. How is space time a medium? unless you mean mathematically?

5. " metaphorical photons don't have eyes but at the speed of light time actually stops"
    Cool All the best :hookah:

6. Light, like all waves, is a density spreading out to a less dense region of a medium. Gravity is also a density on space. When light enters the atomic nucleus's gravity field, it only gets so far before the density of the gravity field equals the density of the light wave, and since light wants to travel in the direction of least resistance it bounces off of the atomic nucleus's gravity field. The region where light bounces out is a good region I think for the electron shell to exist. The electron would be pulled in but at the same time bounce out.

7. So how does anything absorb light?

8. I don't know I guess light turns into heat energy when absorbed right? Maybe the electron shell becomes saturated in energy and it leaks out slowly as heat.

9. the strongest measurement requires probably more then one sample of the femto camera however.

10. I'd be excited to have this question answered wouldn't you?

11. It would imply something about energy and particle physics.

12. hello all its been a minute

13. #33 trevorjohnson32, Sep 19, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2023
    Here's an update on my science theories:
    The aether originates from a nucleus to the universe. Pressure on the core of any nculei creates a stationary heat I call pressure heat. The heat in the core of the nuclei then expands and encompasses the surrounding aether creating a gravity field. Heat, in this stationary form or its standard transferring form, is the one thing that makes everything and all other characteristics branch from. If something didn’t have temperature it wouldn’t exist. We probably live a great distance from the nucleus and orbit around it.

Gravity then pulls atom's together and they fuse in stars and release some of their pressure heat. The heat that's been released seeks equilibrium with its surroundings. The one way course of heat is what an electromagnetic field is made from. The electromagnetic field does not originate from a shell around the atom but also come from the pressurized core. North and south are determined i think by a spin to the nucleus. The edge of the electromagnetic field matches the density/temperature of the surrounding aether. When the aether temperature increases I think the electromagnetic field retracts into the core and brightens the atom. Specific heat is evidence of this retraction. Light which is a wave of temperature changes, at its source must be heating up and releasing heat at the frequency of its wave.

14. How does an outward radiating heat create an inward "radiating" force of gravity?

15. Uhhhhhhhhhhh I guess this... When gravity fields overlap, they compress each other, this heats up the core in the direction of both objects which pulls them together. IK needs fine tuning. huhhuh

16. Awww I ve got it better now. Pressure heat in the core creates a gravity field which points outwardly in all directions, the heat stretches for equilibrium but is attached to the core. The heat in the core causes the atom's to spin faster but since they are packed tightly the spin of the majority spins the whole planet or nucleus creating the north and south poles.and lining up the core atom's. Just the same way the overlapping gravity fields create the heat pressure for an extending gravity field, the repulsion between the tightly packed atom's from there electromagnetic field causes them to try and spin even faster and creating an excess of heat like holding a motor from spinning. This excess of heat makes the magnetic field bloom out encompassing the planet.

17. Yeah so the waves of the magnetic field end in a crest pointing north and end in a trough outward from south. When they overlap they either attract or repel because of the overlapping fields being the same or opposite? make sense?

18. I will say a few things.

One, i think it is great that you are thinking about these things in your own and unique way

Two, standard physics is replete with fudge factors, meaning the model is like swiss cheese.

Three, never get too married with your idea

Four, properly define your terms.

Things like pressure, heat, equilibrium etc have somewhat precise definitions.

Also be very critical of yourself when you are thinking and especially expressing your idea.

Like when you say "heat stretches for equilibrium but is attached to the core" what force is stretching and what force is keeping it attached and how. Etc.

I'm heading to bed now, but tomorrow i will link you at least 5 maybe more, different sources that you might enjoy and will give you new ideas and new ways to think about things.

Keep it up!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Here's an analogy I was posting on the internet all day yesterday. recap of some things:

Heat in the core of a nuclei or planet causes the nucleus of the individual atom's to spin faster but because the atom's are so packed in the core they convert there individual spin to spin of the whole nucleus or planet. This creates the north and south poles. Imagine two billiard balls representing two nuclei both spinning clockwise. If you stacked them on top of each other they would spin clockwise together and would be lined up bottom to top. If you flipped one of the balls over and stacked them on each other then their spins would counter each other and they would repel. That's how magnetism works.

20. #40 NorseMythology, Sep 28, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1