Is my chillum too dirty?

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by highman20, Dec 2, 2020.

1. So i have this one hitter glass chillum is just straight glass no design would you say its too dirty and time for a cleaning i this is just off of 4 packed bowls. Image (7).jpg

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Yes. Unless you would like a mouth full of tar when you smoke from it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. it would take

some running water.
    q tips
    rubbing alcohol

and 15 seconds to clean that thing spotless.

why wouldnt you clean it?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes clean it... This is why I use a bong I hate tar in the lungs

Sent from my LML212VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Im using a bubbler as well and i cleaned it q tips and rubbing alcohol works the best

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. EWWWWWW i can taste it just by looking at the picture, disgusting....
    Smoking that shit is like smoking a joint dipped into a pool of tar

7. Damn dude a piece like that is so easy to clean I'd never let it get that dirty, rinse with hot water a little then throw it in a bag with iso and a bit of salt and shake, boom done, in literally a couple minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  8. All combustion will produce tar, a bong doesn't actually do much to filter those carcinogens. A vape is what you want.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. #10 SpiceAge2000, Dec 27, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Yeap, definitely time to clean up. Run your piece through some hot water and scrub it with isopropyl alcohol, and then let it sit in acetone and H20 of a ratio 1:1 for at least half-hour then rinse/dry thoroughly if you really want it to be spotless.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Yes, it should not be like that

11. Normally I clean my pipes and chillums when I start noticing the air ways are getting restricted .
    So when you smoke using your chillum and you have to suck so hard the top of your head goes flat and your face turns red just to get a hit, that's a pretty good sign it needs cleaned

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. So your saying there is zero tar in the smoke when using a bong ?

13. Combustion is combustion. Produce something at the front, shoot it out the back. Input and output. We don't get oil changes for no reason.

Bong water is somewhat cooled (depending on temp of the liquid) and is less harsher than traditional pipes or joints. Tar is produced as a by-product simply by heating plant matter. The tar will build up inside the bong, regardless of the material, esp if yah don't clean regularly.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. I'm not sure the water really removes tar. It either sticks to the walls of a pipe, or a little gets in the water. Not sure what other poster could deduce

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yes I don't think the person who said this really thought out his words ..
    And the world turns

16. People take things out of context on the internet. Plus everyone is an 'expert".

17. That's not off of 4 bowls

18. You wouldn't let your ass get to the point that you have to soak it in 95% isopropyl..
    Why let your chillum? :roflmao:

Give it a quick rinse with hot water every couple bowls and it's easy to keep pretty clean

19. #20 Ultramaxx, Sep 13, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    Better questions is have you cleaned it before ?? That’s so dirty ewww, smaller the pipe more often is clean it .. but I’d prefer a bong always clean now .