Is calling someone a pothead offensive?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by TheSinisterOne, Apr 14, 2021.

1. I get it’s a context thing. Idk other day this women I work with made a comment about me giving her pothead vibes the whole time I’ve been there (which is funny cause I didn’t start smoking till a few months back) I took offense to it. Though is it really worth getting offended about. Would you be offended if someone called you a pothead, could the term pothead be endearing (personally I can’t think of many situations where it could be a compliment) granted I do call a few of my friend potheads to their face as a joke though outside of select situations I feel it’s mainly insulting

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Not To Me it Isn't Offensive I Fully Admit ima Jamaican Big Times Pothead Lady lol :D :roflmao: I Love Weed an in All its Permutations too Thats Why I always Call it that Blessed Ganja!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
  3. I think context is key. Some people use it with the intent for it to be insulting. If someone's doing that they're almost certainly an uptight dickhead who would benefit from smoking a little. Other people use it, perhaps ironically, like the word stoner. It definitely gives me 80s serious anti drug vibes that people nowadays openly mock and will embrace ironically.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I dont get the vibe she meant it in a bad way unless she has said anything else or if shes totally anti pothead or something, could mean she thinks your chill, usually id ask what makes em say that to get a little more idea what they are thinking

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. not really offensive to me..yeh context matters, but if it's negative context then it reveals their negative viewpoint.

Maybe say the same back to her to gauge her reaction and get a better sense of context if there's any uncertainty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Only if you are a pussy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. If someone attempted to call me a Pothead as a means of being offensive/derogatory, I would agree with them cause its true.

Lbvs.

8. i mean depending on who said it and how it was said, i might take some offense. but like in comparison to all the other things i could be called it's a pretty minor insult. at most it might get like a frown, but i probably wouldn't be upset beyond that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Who makes a thread about someone saying they have a "pothead vibe"? That must be a nice life.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Depends on who says it and how.
    I don't find it offends me, but I do find it a little reductive and condescending.
    Kind of like our term for an all day drinker or alco.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. #11 narcissistic, Apr 14, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    Only if they don't have any.
    "Never mention the word pot unless you have some"

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Dude I'd laugh my ass off if someone called me a pothead cuz its way too accurate of information. :lmafoe:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. I'd take it as a compliment.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Context is always key especially when it is coming from the squares. lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. No saying someone isn't a pothead is offensive isn't it @J Dylan

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. you're a pothead-- just a shit one.

:laughing:

17. if theyre a sensitive little bitch, maybe.

:laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Depends who says it

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. My grandfather called me that for years and I never got offended. :smoke:

20. Is it possible to be offended by the truth regardless of who says it? I don't know.