Indoor Organic Grow (1st Journal) - Sour Kosher & DJ's Gold

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by rees21, Mar 18, 2020.

1. This year I made the switch to growing organically. Prior to getting started, I did a lot of reading & note taking. There is a tone of information out there and I wanted to put together my plan before I got things going. Below you will find a list of my sources of information, soil recipe, compost tea recipe, grow setup and current grow status for each plant. My goal is to be active on this forum to help me with my grow & utilize my grow to help others.

Main Sources of Information:
    - Tim WIlson Microbe Organics: Microbe Organics
    - Teaming With Microbes (Book)
    - Jerry111165: Indoor Gardening Without Bottled Nutrients
    Indoor gardening without bottled nutrients
    - Jerry111165: Jerry's Organic Obsession
    Jerrys Organic Obsession
    - Build A Soil (This guy has a lot of information on his blog & YouTube) Custom Organic Soil and Organic Fertilizers along with free information to have your best harvest yet.

Soil Recipe (20 Gallon Mix):
    - 2 CF Peat Moss
    - 1 CF Worm Castings
    - 1 CF My Personal Compost
    - Tomato Tone: 5 Cups
    - Chicken Manure: 5 Cups
    - Coast of Maine Organic Plant Food: 3 Cups
    - Neam Meal: 1.25 Cups
    - Alfalfa Meal: 1 Cup
    - Azomte: 1 Cup
    - Perlite: 16 Quarts/per 15 gallons of soil
    - Clay Pebbles: Couple of cups on the bottom of pot
    *****This was all mixed, thoroughly moistened & cooked for 5-6 weeks*****
    Soil Additives.jpg

Compost Tea Recipe (5 Gallon Brew):

- 2 Cups Vermicompost
    - .4 Cups Black Strap Molasses
    *****Brewed for min. 36 hours using a Microbulator (Tim Wilson)*****

Grow Setup:

- Grow Closet/Room: 4x4x8
    - Viparspectra 900W LED grow light

Sour Kosher Grow Status:
    - Strain: DNA Genetics (Sour Diesel x Kosher Kush) 70% Sativa / 30% Indica
    - Germinated: 2-2-20
    - Sprouted: 2-6-20
    - Transplanted: 2-25-20
    - Vegetative Phase: 3 weeks
    - Watering/Feeding 1 Gallon: Week 1 (water), Week 2 (Compost Tea), Week 3 (Compost Tea)
    - Topped: 3-11-20

DJ's Gold Grow Status:
    - Strain: DNA Genetics (DJ Short Blueberry x Jew Gold Cut) 55% Sativa / 45% Indica
    - Germinated: 2-2-20
    - Sprouted: 2-6-20
    - Transplanted: 2-28-20
    - Vegetative Phase: 3 weeks
    - Watering/Feeding 1 Gallon: Week 1 (water), Week 2 (Compost Tea), Week 3 (Compost Tea)

*****Currently 3/18 it seems both plants have a nutrient deficiency (see pics.) I believe it to be a Magnesium deficiency. Even though they didn't need water (I usually water on Saturdays), I mixed a gallon of water with 1/4 teaspoon of Epsom Salt. I didn't want to over water, so I watered both plants with this and have a couple cups remaining. Within the next couple of days I plan on switching to flower.

Sour Kosher Pic..jpg
    Sour Kosher Deficience Pic #1.jpg
    Sour Kosher Deficience Pic #2.jpg
    Sour Kosher Deficience Pic #3.jpg
    **I didn't have any great pics of DJ's Gold so I will post during my next journal entry.

I hope this is enough information to give people an idea of grow. Please let me know if you have any questions or if I need to provide any additional details.

Also please let me know if you have any thoughts with regards to the nutrient Def. issue.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to hearing from you,
    Rees

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looks good, maybe a bit of a ph issue? Should sort itself. I’m interested to see how you do with these as I’m a big fan of DNA/ reserva genetics. Kosher Kush is the best strain I’ve grown to date.