Indoor gardening without bottled nutrients

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jerry111165, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Hmm..cool. On my screen it shows I typed all that jibber.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wow...what you said reminds me of a video I watched on YouTube from thegrowboss. Anyway, he was saying the same, but his focus was more on c02. Do you not add c02 to your grow.?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm going to be giving no til a good go on my next run of plants seems awesome

Sent from my LG-M150 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 7
  4. Hi Jerry

My first post here. I just want to thank you for this thread and you "organic obsession" thread. I have read both from beginning to end. I really don't have any questions because they've all been answered in these threads, I kept notes on all aspects of growing. I'm starting my first grow and have soil from the "easy organic soil mix for beginners" thread cycling for 7 weeks now. I still need to build my qb96 elite v2 (another great thread) led light structure for my grow tent, which I should have a good start on it tomorrow.

I built and started a backyard compost bin over the holidays (I'm in the desert southwest, the leaves had just fallen), and I have some comphrey to plant. Thanks again for all the great info and I appreciate your passion.

swimn4ever

• Like Like x 7
  5. You’re absolutely very welcome. Please let you know if you need any additional assistance. If I dont respond here, as I dont always check this often, just shoot me a PM.

Wise choice choosing Organic gardening.

Peace

j

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ahhh finally found a thread for Organic growing. I’ve been using a pre made living soil from Nextgen soil/ kryptonite. Due to the cost per bag being fairly high I didn’t see it feasible to continually buy there soil every-time I want to grow some plants. Last run I needed 7 bags which would cost me roughly 350 per run. I said screw that and decided to make my own with all organic ingredients and re using the previous run. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  7. Nice job!

j

• Like Like x 3

8. • If you could, would you be able to share you method on creating your living organic soil?
    I'm well aware that nature does much of the work, but I'm always looking for good ideas for my own ventures lol.
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  9. Here’s the recipe that I’m currently running. It’s hot in the beginning as I had some stunting, but they’re chugging along nicely now.

FF4A8D59-0A3B-417A-8ED8-88DAEE6C8ED1.jpeg 039EE1B6-99D1-48A1-90FB-362A6E7F0A1E.jpeg 07A79437-FB41-4DF0-BB27-49E29DA3FA72.jpeg DC7E20A4-E53C-4C6D-B795-B93B73596402.jpeg

Building and Caring For Living Soil

No Till Soil Mix (Fills four 15 gallon and two 7 gallon pots, 3-4” from top)

Ingredients

Bail of ProMix HP w/ Mychorrizae

90 lbs Worm Castings

25 lbs Chicken Manure

25 Lbs Ancient Forest Humus

Extra Coarse Perlite

20 lbs Azomite

2 lbs Insect Frass

25 lbs Down To Earth Bio Live 5-4-2

5 lbs Down To Earth Kelp Meal (bigger if budget allows)

5 gallons bio char (I will precharge, explained below)

1 lb Crimson Clover

1,000 red wigglers

My Nutrient Mix

Bone meal

Neem seed meal

Crab shell meal

Phos Bat guano (small amount)

Malted Barley Powder

Feather Meal

Oyster Shell

Gypsum

Per 15 gallon fabric pot (3” from top)

8 gallons ProMix HP

15 lbs EWC

4 lbs Chicken Manure

4 lbs Ancient Forest Humus

2 gallons Perlite

7 cups My Nutrient Mix

1.5 Cups Insect Frass

1.5 Cups Kelp Meal

3.25 lbs Azomite

1 gallon precharged bio char w/ 1 gallon tea

Hand full of leaves from my yard

Hand full of worms(add at the end so you don’t kill any)

Mix it all very well. Sides and the very bottom of the pot, turning it all in towards the center. Add more ProMix if needed to raise soil level to 3” from the top, you’ll have plenty. Lightly water the pot and sprinkle with Crimson Clover seeds. Cover lightly with mulch (I’m using leaves from my yard for now). Lightly water the surface using shower setting or watering can.

Charging Biochar : Ingredients

http://livingwebfarms.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Conditioning-Biochar.pdf

1/2 cup Sprouted Alfalfa Seeds, blended into a paste

1/2 cup Banana FFJ

1 cup Lactobacillus

1 cup EWC

1/2 cup Chicken Manure

1 cup Kelp Meal

5 gallons of water

Mix all the dry ingredients and split between two buckets half full. Place airstones In bucket and brew for 24-48 hrs. Careful, this is a very active tea. Once brewed, dump 1/2 the Biochar into each bucket and stir to saturate. I think that will start inoculating and charge the Biochar with nutrients.

• Like Like x 5
  10. This is pretty much everything I’m using in different quantities. I don’t have enough room to do that much but this is it through and through. I still need to add the wigglers though. Not sure if I will be as I only run 15 gallon pots and don’t want to kill them with the shovel

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hello men!

I’ll be kicking my organic grow off soon. Starting out growing two plants

This will be my first grow. 4x8x7’ tent

I can’t wait to see the results! Organic seems like it’ll fit me well. I don’t want to deal with bottles nutes etc...I want the girls natural as possible. That’s how I like my girls...natural

I see this thread is 200 pages. I’m gonna read every page :D

Results to come! I’ll do a write up on my set up and mix once I get it all done. I’m waiting on a meanwell driver and then I’ll be ready.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Welcome and I look forward to hearing more about it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. just found this helloooo lol

• Like Like x 3
  15. Is there a picture thread for all the organic grows? :D

can someone post link if so

• Like Like x 1
  16. i noticed some soils have bone meal, ewc, and alfalfa etc in them already. is it still needed to add more of these things in?

• Like Like x 2
  17. I suppose it depends on what soil you’re referring to - most organic gardeners prefer to start their own soil mixes from scratch to be able to maintain control.

We have no idea how much or of what quality products are in store bought soils - so we make our own and this way we know exactly what is in them.

Guessing at anything you’re passionate about sucks. There’s nothing easier than mixing your own soil from quality components.

Good luck!

j

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. What ki
    What kind of compost do you use?

• Like Like x 1
  19. #3999 TimJ, Jan 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    Just stopped by to say thank you for all that you have taught us here on GC about organic growing @jerry111165. You truly have the patience of a saint answering the same questions 1000+ times. Do you do anything differently while using leaf mold in your base mix? As in aeration or liming agent?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. How often do you suggest teas? What ingredients are in your typical tea? Also should we have different teas for veg and flower?

• Like Like x 2