In honour of Lew...

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by esseff, Apr 25, 2017.

1. #1 esseff, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    Lew was known here by the name - Dirtydingusus.

He died last xmas, the result of having one seizure too many. I had stayed with him for almost 2 months just a few weeks before he did. I will always treasure that.

His family have asked me to post a message here in case there are some who remember him and might want to attend the scattering of his ashes on his favourite mountain in NY in June.

Anyone who knew him, who he touched with his words, are welcome to come.

Let me know your FB details so I can invite you.

lew.jpg

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. I believe he was a veteran member here, surprised nobody is commenting. RIP homie.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yes he was. Many knew and respected him here.

• Like Like x 2
  4. He was my first friend when I joined GC. RIP my brother. I hope you are at peace.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. That is hard news, so sorry to hear it. I had a lot of respect for him.
    Thanks for letting us know.
    I will sticky this so folks can see it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  7. #7 esseff, Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    • Time - 4 June at 12:00 EDT
    • Place - Lake Minnewaska in NY

How to get there...
      HERE WeGo

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. I guess I'll miss him forever now. RIP Lew. I loved you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. I am glad you found your way here Lisa.

I know you loved him.

I feel like I want to say something, because he would want me to.

He had brought his kids to live with him, and was even in contact with his mother. I watched how his kids cared for their dad with real love in their hearts, how his partner, taking on the role of their mother, watched over him, giving him all the space he needed to seize in peace. I watched a number of these episodes, and while I had seen a powerful GM a few years ago where it really looked like the old superstitious belief that a demon was trying to come out, so what I saw now were very different to those.

For those he touched and for those he hurt, all I can say is that he never meant to, and usually had no idea he had. Even if he did know, he didn't always know why, as he was reset by many of his seizures. His memory wiped, so that while nobody would know he was like this, he was piecing himself back together. That would easily come across as indifference, uncaring, almost like being with someone else, where not saying something would normally mean something, you had to let go of these conclusions when it came to Lew. Most never could.

10. Thanks for that, esseff. My experience w/him taught me that "love lies in freedom, not in possession". I'm glad he had that time w/his kids.

From just me...for him.

Rain falls down fatly

Quiet solitude stills all

My heart speaks of you

• Like Like x 3
  11. I am glad you got that, as that idea is not an easy one to get.

I feel your words, and so will he...

love

12. I had more than row with @dirtydingusus here over the years but couldn't get mad at the dude because in the middle of it all he'd get all sweet and nice. :)

RIP.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yeah...he was good at that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bravo esseff.

I remember Dirtydingusus well and it is fitting that his threads remain behind to remind everyone of his wit and camaraderie.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. #15 TheWhiteLighter, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    He was always one of my favorite Blades.
    I connected with Lew in my early days of wandering the City and always wondered what had become of him. We both lived similar experiences with epilepsy and brain surgery and shared them with each other. Everything you described about his seizures and recoveries are what I experience as well it's not an easy tightrope to walk, remember and rebuild.

Very sad to have heard this news but glad that he had found some peace with family before his passing. Thank you for bringing this info to light for me esseff as it does bring me some peace in knowing not wondering.

RIP Dirtydingusus you are missed and concolences to family and friends.

• Like Like x 2
  16. I haven't been around here much in awhile... but I remember dirtydingus... truly one of the most epic souls around these parts...

WIP, dirtyD (Wait In Peace.) We'll see ya in Heaven!

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace,
    whose mind is stayed on thee."
    -Isaiah

• Like Like x 2
  17. i will always remember how he shared a story of how he kept peeing in a listerine bottle, can't remember who was using it, but at one point turned to be more urine than listerine..

something about the way he wrote in his posts was so intriguing and it just stuck in my mind

thank you for sharing that experience you had when you were younger to us

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hahaha...yes, that always made me laugh. It did seem to make her healthier, lol, so we joked about setting up a business to bottle his piss and sell it like one of those cure-all remedies. "Urineluck" was one of the names for it. Lol.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Blessings...

20. Damn man, rip man, i remember him since when i was known here as AresKenux. Didn't know he passed, such a cool dude.

• Agree Agree x 1