in-depth_SMOKE_REPORTS!_(add_yours!_ must_have_smoked_strain_min._50x!!)

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Troy McLure, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Really looking forward to the review as I'm planning on growing it once the summer is over. Please come back and write the review. :)

2. I am growing 2 white russians from serious seeds late into flowering and I would like to ask if they smelled like a armpit while growing. Mine smell very sweet and sugary, will this change?

3. awesome thread. ill have to submit my opinions of White Berry and Master kush...two of my fav strains ive grown.

4. Awesome smoke reports, guys.

5. #105 justcallmesir, May 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2011
    ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: White Berry (A cross of blueberry and white widow = very medicinal)
    BREEDER: Paradise Seeds

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER: justcallmesir

SMOKER TYPE: 8yr smoker. last 4 years daily

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: sativas for the day, indicas for the night.

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: water based pieces (bubblers/bongs), joints, pipes, blunts.

FAMILIARITY: Smoked somewhere over a qp but less than a half p of this stuff...

REVIEW

BUZZ: You can feel a tingle on the back of your head/neck/ears with the first hit or two. body tingling and sensations come on first...not a "buzzed" feeling...just subtle relief...then after 3-5mins the body tingling turns into a buzz...relaxing your body and then comes the sativa side of it..

HIGH: the head high comes on dead last after a few mins...you can find yourself over smoking with this strain the first few times for that very reason (Effects come on gradually)..the high is good for anxiety and depression. if you smoke small amounts you get a uppy/clear headed high...if you smoke a bowl or two then it becomes VERY indica in nature. a true delight for its versatility (i smoked nothing but this strain for 4-5 months...i use it day and night. if you get the dosage right it works well anytime)

SMELL: 9/10. this stuff smells amazing...fruity and like a floral arrangement when you open the jar and very much like starburst when you pinch a bud...one of the best smelling strains ive personally grown.

TASTE: Left something to be desired...at least for me...then again i rarely find a strain in which i think the taste is amazing compared to others...

POTENCY: 8/10. Its great for medical uses like anxiety/depression in small/moderate amounts (0.1-0.3) and good for body aches/pains and insomnia in moderate to heavy use (0.4-0.6+) not racy but also not a super couchlock *unless you overdo it* a good hybrid by my definition. also a few women ive smoked with all say it does wonders for pms symptoms (cramps, and general discomfort)

SUMMARY: overall i'd say this gets 8/10...if you get the have/clone the right pheno (i found it in a 5 pack) its a 9/10. the right pheno im referring to has extremely dense buds (most phenos have dense buds but this one is has rocks for buds) and smells much more fruity than the rest. all phenos have the same general effect. also there isnt much variation between the phenos except leaf size
    (some more indica size/ some sativa size) all were roughly the same height...

a 5 pack in 3 gal pots with topping earned me 0.8g per watt (my best gram to watt ratio yet)...

will definitely grow/smoke again. it behaved perfectly in all stages of growth (not a heavy feeder or nute sensitive). good/decent mold resistance (never gave me an issue).

6. ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: Master Kush
    BREEDER: Dutch passion seeds

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER: justcallmesir

SMOKER TYPE: 8yr smoker. 4yrs daily

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED:bongs, blunts, joints, pipes etc

FAMILIARITY: 1/2 lb over the course of several months.

REVIEW

BUZZ: this is a 100% indica variety...very calming and relaxing. great for insomnia (puts me to sleep all the time...including last night). 2bowls or more will give you big time couchlock...and munchies. major red eye (i rarely get red eyes). classic indica properties.

HIGH: shockingly...for a 100% indica variety there is some sativa like properties involved. while its mostly a couchlock/night time use strain it leaves you with a decently clear head buzz. not trippy or racy...just clear headed. which is a nice compliment to the couchlock.

SMELL/TASTE: this is NOT a loud strain at all. it has a very mellow smell/taste. good for growers/smokers that need a stash/crop thats easy to conceal. taste can be earthy...
    overall for smell/taste it gets a 9/10 in terms of odor control lol...in terms of actual smell for your delight it gets a 5/10 for being avg.

POTENCY: 8.5-9/10. when grown properly it give an excellent buzz that lasts 2 to 2 1/2 hrs and with me being a daily smoker it gets a thumbs up for doing the trick every single time...

SUMMARY: id grow this strain again. it was wonderful to work with. responds well to topping. isn't resistant to mold so be careful (lost a about 10g's due to mold at 60% humidity in flowering...had a humid few days last summer). i can see why an oz of this stuff can go from $300-$350 in the clubs...all my friends rave about this and the white berry over anything else ive grown.

its good stuff.

7. #107 Looket, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2011
    ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: White Widow
    BREEDER: GHS

WHAT THE MARKETING PEOPLE SAY:

Brazilian x South Indian.
    Winner of BIO HTCC 1995
    \t
    A relaxing indica feeling that turns into a bursting sativa high.
    Very complex and enjoyable, fast hit and long-lasting effect.

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER: Looket

SMOKER TYPE: Vacation smoker, if I have 4 weeks or more free

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: Sativa with little bit Indica high

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: Joints and Vaporizer

FAMILIARITY: Smoked over 1 month

REVIEW

BUZZ: 8/10 First of you dont really feel anything out of the ordinary. Then it strikes you that everything just feels a bit more comfortable.. Almost a tickling feeling in your entire body..

HIGH: 8/10 At first you get a slow body hit with some sativa feelings. But then it gets more and more indica and really relaxes you but.. After a few more hits it releases a heavy sativa high and it makes it all the more balanced and very enyoyable just for listening, typing and other easy activities

TASTE: 7/10 Nothing mindblowing compared to what i've tried but it's an enyoyable weed-taste with a bit of musky taste

POTENCY: 8/10 If you are into mixtures of indica feeling and sativa then it gets you high quite good.

SUMMARY: 8/10 This weed is really god if you like a bit of both worlds. It doesn't spin you of the planet as a sativa can but it can get pretty close.. But it also has a strong indica presens that makes you relax the more the higher you get. Expect to get a bit tingly in the mind..
    When i did these i went 3 w 18/6 and 8 w flower.. If it would've gotten more it probably would be more indica dominant but mine flowered really fast so i didn't have to wait 10 weeks as the usual is.

So if you're looking for a balanced weed with a bit of both sides..this is a good choice and an classic in so many ways..though a bit updated..

This time i also baked brownies.. I made a mixture of 2/3 white widow and 1/3 trainwreck. And it got extremly strong and almost hallucinating. Could last from 4hours up to 6..really insane strong high.. (Gonna write a review of TrainWreck (ghs also) later.

8. ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: Nirvana Sky (superauto)
    BREEDER: Flash Seeds (aka Short Stuff Seeds, I think?)

WHAT THE MARKETING PEOPLE SAY:"This Super Auto is a mostly sativa strain. With Nirvana, the sky is near, it has a sativa taste and and effect that energises the body and mind. For a true autoflowering sativa strain - this is it!"

I don't know how to cite that, or if I need to, but it's the standard description for it on every seedbank website I've seen. Also, I've been writing papers for two weeks, so maybe I feel like the plagiarism police are everywhere. Also, I just smoked some of this. . . . :love:

Also, the breeder classifies this as a super auto. I think that's a little gimmicky, but whatever.

ABOUT THE SMOKERI'm a head of household mom, over 40, and in my senior year of college.

REVIEWER: TinkerBud

SMOKER TYPE: Smoked for 12 years, 7 year break, started smoking again a year ago.

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: Sativa with little bit Indica high

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: pd vaporizer, pipe

FAMILIARITY: Smoked pretty exclusively for the last year

REVIEW

BUZZ: 9/10 Hits fast and hard. I smoke about 3 times a week, and I have to sit down for 20 minutes or so.
    HIGH: 9/10 After the initial choke slam, I usually get up and get household chores done--not a partner or even much of a socializer.:eek: This stuff is amazingly strong. There is a powerful lethargy but brain activity is awesome. I can breeze through chores, read, surf the net, knit, or even study. I love how sativas keep me happy, but I usually smoke to get away from whirling thoughts, not inspire them. :bolt: Lasts anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours. No "down" feeling when it wears off.

TASTE: 6/10 Nothing great, but not at all bad. It's a little harsh at first, but I think that's my curing skills. :devious: Also, I'm no connoisseur. Homegrown's the limit of my tasting range. Strong but pretty clean tasting. The smell is definitely awesome. Smells good growing, drying, and curing, and smells good when you're getting it ready to consume. Mangos, and some kind of citrus-y smell.
    POTENCY: 7/10 This stuff is great for relaxing and still being able to get things done. I can do everything on this one, or nothing at all. Truly an all-purpose smoke.

SUMMARY: 8/10 Awesome if you like a combination effect. I can't think of anything this girl doesn't improve for me.

I've only been growing for the last 15 months or so, so I'm a beginner. I got these as freebie, feminized beans when I decided to start smoking again and they were the only ones that caught my attention. I grow them in two rubber maid boxes. One at a time, 6 weeks apart. I manage about 1.0-1.5 oz every six weeks, which is about what I smoke. Technically, they are supposed to auto flower, and finish fast, but this one doesn't do anything for me unless I treat it like a photo. I put them on 12/12 as soon as they sprout and down to 14 hours of darkness the last six weeks. They take about 12 weeks this way. I use plain ole' Jack's Classic and grow them in plastic party cups. Less than ideal, but it works for me, and it's well-hidden. Under these circumstances, I'm impressed with these, really. :hello:

9. great reviews, everyone! keep 'em coming!

10. Partyer!!!! Not partner!! :)

11. ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: Blue Mystic
    BREEDER: Nirvana

WHAT THE MARKETING PEOPLE SAY: Reviewed previously, Blue Mystic is Nirvana's version of Blueberry. Blueberry is supposed to average about 15% thc with an indica dominant, but sativa influenced high.

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER: Senseimilla

SMOKER TYPE: Daily smoker 7-17g/week for over 10 years. I got a tolerance, so primo stuff is my primary goal. I also got shit to do, so while I love a knockout high, I need something heady that doesn't de-motivate me for when I need to get stuff done.

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: Clear, uplifting sativas for daytime and medicinal, indica dominant strains at night before sleep.

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: Primarily pipe smoking, occasionally bong, vaporizer, or edibles.

FAMILIARITY: Grew and smoked one full pack from which I got either 6 or 7 females.

REVIEW

BUZZ: A very mellow, relaxed body buzz almost like a muscle relaxant -- good for medicinal uses. Good for a mellow socializing high - it was a fan favorite at the family 4th of july party I took some to.

HIGH: Relaxing and social. Doesn't put you in a stupor to where you are nonfunctional, nor does it get you crazily high either. It's a very moderate buzz, neither weak nor strong -- at least for me. I'm sure a smoker with a lesser tolerance would feel it a lot more strongly.

TASTE: One of the best tasting strains I've had. I don't really pick up the fruity aromas and tastes when I'm smoking, but this was one of the least harsh and most pleasant tasting buds I've smoked.

POTENCY: Medium -- good casual smoke

SUMMARY: A very solid strain, but probably not for the longtime smoker looking for the most potent buzz. From a growers point of view, provided large, dense nugs and a good yield with good bag appeal. Don't expect it to be your one hit wonder though (unless like I said you are a more casual smoker than me).

----

ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: Apollo 11
    BREEDER: Don't remember - f2s from original Brother's Grimm f1 parents

WHAT THE MARKETING PEOPLE SAY: This indoor hybrid has a high calyx/leaf ratio and finishes flowering in 7 weeks or less. The big-yielding, lemon-scented female clone named "Genius" (Jack Herer) because of her clear, energetic, thought-provoking high was crossed with a robust Cinderella 99 male to create Apollo Eleven. Expect some variation among individuals. The best females are short, heavily branched plants with multitudes of dense, resinous buds. The smoke has a sweet citrus flavor. The high is very upbeat. This is a great Sativa for those who don’t have the time for a plant like Haze. It tends to be very branchy, but it’s very forgiving to grow, and has a remarkably short flowering period for such a Sativa plant. It has an up, creative high and a lemony taste. Could be recommended for epilepsy, multiple sclerosis and other seizure-related illnesses.

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER: See above

SMOKER TYPE:

SMOKER's PREFERENCE:

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED:

FAMILIARITY: My favorite strain and the plant I've grown and smoked the most.

REVIEW

BUZZ: The buzz has very little to no body buzz as the phenos are mostly sativa. I've never gotten an indica dominant pheno.

HIGH: Long lasting clear, energetic, uplifting, creative, motivational high. One of the few highs that not only gives you creative thoughts, but leaves you with the will and desire to put them down on paper or do something with them. This is THE smoke for writers, musicians, artists and creative personality types who thrive on inspiration. Of everything I've smoked, it's been the one I would go to for a daytime smoke. Can almost be racy with how energetic your mind feels and how little it affects your body when you get REALLY high from it. Very little or no paranoia for such an up plant (and one of the reasons many prefer it over it's Cindy-99 parent).

TASTE: Very smooth smoke

POTENCY: 18% THC. More potent than most of the strains I've smoked in head high.

SUMMARY: My favorite plant of all time overall (I still have many strains I want to try though). For the grower it is a great plant because it is very low odor and a tolerant plant for mistakes during growth. It often needs support during flowering as the main stem does not get too thick. Very appropriate for scrogging and does well topped, but makes a nice tree if you don't with a nice big cola. The red hairs are almost NEON in appearance and definitely give it a LOT of bag appeal along with all the frosting. Not the highest yielder but not a low yielder either.

12. #112 MonsieurX, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2012
    NAME: Critical+
    BREEDER: Dinafem

GENETICS: BigBud x Skunk
    RATIO(Ind/Sat): 50/50

WHAT THE MARKETING PEOPLE SAY:

"The most interesting feature is without a doubt the intense aroma and taste that it produces. It smells like fruity skunk, very strong smell which could pose a real problem particularly indoors, where the use of carbon filters is a must, until it is totally dry and packaged.

The effect is really intense from start to finish and a real pleasure to smoke, leaving a great aftertaste.

It has a lot of side branching with a short internodal distance which improves production. It is advisable to control the height before flowering, due to its tendency to grow rapidly during this period." -END QUOTE

My opinion: This was from the Dinafem website, and for the most part is actually pretty accurate (at least in my experience growing the strain). It did have a very distinct aroma (pungent, fruity, skunky etc) and smoke was indeed pleasurable.

ABOUT THE SMOKER: 20 yr old college student

REVIEWER: Mr. X

SMOKER TYPE: Been smokin since 2005

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: I prefer piney/fresh smelling and tasting sort of weed, but Crit + was a nice departure from that.

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: dry bowl, da buddha vape, several glass tubes, joints, spliffs

FAMILIARITY: Harvested one semi-large plant indoors (end result ~2 oz I think) in November and smoked (not exclusively) throughout december and january (just ran out).

REVIEW

BUZZ: [8.5/10] This is definitely a top-notch smoke, and I don't even think I did a good job growing it haha. It's a creative and inspiring indica high which comes with a nice sleepy body feeling towards the end.

HIGH: I didn't know buzz and high were different things lol read above ^

TASTE(&SMELL): [9/10] Smell (as noted before) was wonderful, and taste also failed to disappoint. I smelled a fragrant bouquet of tropical rainforest smells after curing for several weeks, and the taste in a dry pipe was exquisite. I like inhaling smoke through my nose bc its a great way to combine taste and smell. haha anyways, the taste of this weed was very smooth and mild. Nice for a jay or spliff.

POTENCY: [7/10] Definitely not knock-out nug, but also not weak. The high is smooth and subtle at times but great for creative thinking and physical activity. Not over-powering or anxiety inducing.

SUMMARY: [8.25/10] A strain I will certainly grow again. I got the seed for the aforementioned plant, as well as the seed still unused, for free, which I'd consider a good deal given the quality of the bud produced.

13. Again indulging in some Homegrown Fataseeds Cheese. As you can tell from my original post that this one has been around for quite sometime. I would suggest to anyone they try this wonderful and unique strain, one you won't forget. Take care all as I enjoy this J of Cheese:smoke: