in-depth_SMOKE_REPORTS!_(add_yours!_ must_have_smoked_strain_min._50x!!)

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Troy McLure, Jun 10, 2010.

1. nice reviews everyone!

man, i wish i could try these strains *drool*
    :D

2. #82 Norcali, Dec 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2010

ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: SnowWhite
    BREEDER: Nirvana

WHAT THE MARKETING PEOPLE SAY: Snow White is one of our top-notch selections from the “white" marijuana seeds family. Her pure Cannabis Indica father gives Snow White a denser stature than close relative White Widow, making this F1 hybrid a big yielder indeed. Its plants bear dense sticky buds covered in trichomes. These marijuana seeds are well suited to cultivation in hydro or similar systems. With its lovely smooth taste and powerful Indica stone, Snow White is one of the nicest Widow variations available. Click here for a pic.

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER:
    Norcali

SMOKER TYPE: Regular smoker, daily.

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: I enjoy Sativas, Indicas, and Ind/Sat hybrids equally. I like my sats soaring high, shit eating grin in tow, and indicas a relaxing but strong body stone, with the hybrids finding a happy medium. Flavor is also very important.

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: Joint, Blunt, Bong, Spoon, Chillum/one-hitter.

FAMILIARITY: Grown out twice this year, many ozs consumed over this year.

REVIEW

BUZZ: 8/10 Its a good body buzz right from the onset. Eyes get heavy, but when the upside kicks in, any initial couch lock fades. It takes a few tokes to get you going, but when I lift off its a good ride. Put's you in a little bit of a cloud/daze, but its a great smoke to just chill out for an evening. I smoke this at night, as when you smoke more the couch lock creeps back around.

HIGH: 7.5/10 The strength is evident after smoking a bowl or two, but its duration is a little short(1-1.5hr max uptime). Its a mix of indica/staiva effects, leaning heavily for the indica side of things as you smoke more. It has a good head high, increasing your attention span a bit, enhancing movies and music and all that good jazz :smoke: You really feel the CLock kick in as the session/night goes on.

TASTE: 5/10 Not great, but not horrible. The good offset the not so great. Of the few plants I grew, both had a strong acidic taste. Their are some earth tones under that, like any ganja, but it isn't a flavor you'll be writing home about. Decent smell though, a peach tree blossom ontop of the light smells of ganj. Some pine & lemon. Comes out more as the length of cure progresses. Smell is also evident while growing, starts showing up around week 6-7. Exhale is smooth.

POTENCY: 7/10 Strong effects, with a pretty high ceiling. I've tried to find it a few times, but just end up getting knocked to sleep. One or two bowls and you are in the zone.

SUMMARY: Good smoke. Great resin production, I have yet to make hash out of any trimmings. It has great bag appeal, as the smell and look are very nice, and it smokes decent for a chill you out indica hybrid. Smoke a little more for a late night sleep aid. Not a difficult grow, a very hearty girl. Great producer, good smoke, commercial potential, and a staple in my head stash.

3. great thread man i've been searching for something just like this, i'm thinking about starting my first grow (small, maybe just 1 or 2 strains, just for myself) and i don't know which strains to try. + rep this helps a lot!

4. ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: Power Plant

BREEDER: Dutch Passion

WHAT THE MARKETING PEOPLE SAY:
    Dutch Passion Powerplant Feminized represents a next generation marijuana hybrid bred by the Dutch Passion industry for commercial and personal production and use. Mostly indica, Power Plant has a recessive a sativa influence which energises her effect adding a nice high to an incredibly powerful stone. Powerplant is a very much loved marijuana variety. You can't find any other strain that would be so easy and fun to cultivate. Her newly arrived feminized cannabis seeds make this variety suitable for indoors and outdoors - she grows great in soil and grows awesomely in hydroponics setups - these are just a few characteristics that makes Power Plant perfect for beginners. In the hands of experienced cannabis growers, she can show incredible results.Feminized seeds provided by the Dutch Passion are considered to be very strong. They are thoroughly selected and tested for their high qualities. Almost 80% of germination is guaranteed. They all show high tolerance to irrigation and resistance to diseases, pests and mould. Plants of this well known cannabis have quite an interesting look. Mostly indica, they don't grow higher than 140 cm and produce leave and buds of the same green shade. Light green foliage is spacely situated on thin sturdy stem leaving enough space for the buds to develop. Feminized seeds arrive and bud almost instantly. It takes just 12 weeks before you can start your first harvest. Power Plant produces reliable, heavy harvests (150 gr) of super dense buds encrusted with a thick layer of sticky trichomes. This strain is said to contain as high as 15% of THC. Dry product has long shelf life remaining all the highest qualities.
    This cannabis variety has plenty to offer, beginning with a very interesting hashish aroma that will follow you around but not smoke you out of your place, and a really strong, mellow high. The effect is hard hitting with a sweet follow up; the buzz is describes as unusually clear and slightly delayed.
    3 times cup winner!!!

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER: a526003b

SMOKER TYPE: Morning, Afternoon, and Night

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: I usually reach for the heavy indicas

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: My glass pipe and glass water bong

FAMILIARITY: I have grown the plant multiple times and smoked well over an ounce.

REVIEW

BUZZ: 5/10 : Weak, I wouldnt recomend for physical body pain

HIGH: 8/10 : Fairly clear headed, energetic, giggly high.

TASTE: 9/10 : It has a initial woody/spicy flavor and during exhale leaves a grapefruit-like aftertaste.

POTENCY: 8/10 : This stuff is pretty potent, It makes for an excelent afternoon or morning smoke.

SUMMARY:
    The plants get very tall during the first 4 weeks of flowering. Currently I am having issues with height, I veged them too long and now they are over 6ft tall!!! The yeild is low in my opinion when compared to its size. I got about an ounce off each plant in my last grow and they were pushin 5ft. The finished product is excelent, every patient who tried it wanted more and it didnt last long. The calyxes are huge! after its dried I just pluck off about 4-5 and fill my pipe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. figured i'd throw in another, expect a bunch more on the way...might as well catalog em here.

all of the strains i review are picked up in northern california dispensaries. i have smoked at least an ounce of any and all unless otherwise indicated. this is all high grade, i don't smoke anything else. just thought id give you a little preface before the reviews come in, just so you know where im comin from, sorta.

ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: Bubblegum Kush

BREEDER: Unknown

WHAT THE MARKETING PEOPLE SAY: 60/40 Indica dominant. A sweeter heavier more indica OG Kush. Excellent for pain relief, nausea, and stress. Very psychoactive and physical affording you an all-around high.

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER: IMO

SMOKER TYPE: connoisseur? That sounds terribly arrogant. I don’t necessarily think this is something one needs to be full of oneself about. That being said, I take this very seriously but don’t expect people to respect my opinion because I am simply a voice on the internet. Anyhow, I suppose from the way in which I review the strains will indicate what kind of smoker type I really am. I think that is the most honest way.

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: finding the right weed for the right time. A good active sativa in the morning to start my day. Maybe something mind expanding in the afternoon, tailing off to a nice little nap. Anything tasty at night will do and then something to knock me out. Sounds like a nice little day, definitely what I prefer. J

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: well predominately I roll my own joints. Cone+crutch of course. Most of the time I use raw king size slims, or kulu slims. Sometimes smoking silvers if im in a bind. Lately ive been smoking hash and other concentrates out of my bong, not something I am usually prone to do but ill try something every once in awhile in the bong or through the vaporbong (vape tubed through a bong).

FAMILIARITY: I have smoked at least an ounce of this over the last couple of months, and have had it a few times over the last year. I would say I am very familiar with it at this point.

REVIEW

BUZZ: first hits you right in the face. Probably the second or third hit and your nose and mouth are beginning to tingle. Something I really enjoy and is typically found in sativa dominant hybrids (imo…) so it was a nice little surprise.

HIGH: pretty spot on by the folks at the dispensary who sold it to me. Quite close to 60/40 indica dom in it’s effects on me. A really powerful psychoactive but super physical and relaxing side that just out lasted it. Perfect grass for that late winter afternoon or evening time smoke. Tail end could land you in a nice little slumber.

TASTE: well this is something my brother and I can agree on. One of the best tasting herbs ive had in a minute. Incredible og kush taste (super fresh almost loamy soil taste) along with an incredibly sweet and mouth watering finish. I won’t say it tastes like bubblegum, because it doesn’t, but damn is it sweet. Absolutely could not get enough of this herb.

POTENCY: I would say the potency for me ranged around a 7-8. I could see how other folks may want to rate it higher, but honestly my tolerance for it skyrocketed after the first couple 8th’s.

SUMMARY: you know I’m not going to lie, I was super disappointed to see yet another OG kush cross when I was at the dispensary. The thing I have enjoyed most over the years about getting medicinal herb is the incredible diversity of strains and the ability to try different things out as well as find a good regimen of consistent strains that work for you. Despite absolutely loving good OG, especially Marley’s OG (if you know this cut, you know what I am talking about…) I find that I tire of its redundancy and its overwhelming, albeit good, flavor. That being said this herb is not to be passed up, I’m glad I didn’t make that mistake. On a whim I took home an 8th of this herb, looking nice and sparkly and og kush like. Same fat little nug structure, pretty well covered with crystals and a nice early og smell. Almost no hint of the bubblegum smell to it at all. Probably the reason I initially REALLY didn’t want it. Anyhow, that being said it sure does taste like an awesome blend. If not bubblegum, some other sweet ass strain was used to cross with og kush. The og kush in it sure does take hold nicely in the early stages with a pretty strong psychoactive effect. I can only assume that its more of the bubblegum on the tail end with the more indica and physical effect. Truly a multi-dimensional high, I find it quite enjoyable when you can enjoy a whole spectrum of effects. As far as rolling this herb, nothing too difficult. It was dried and cured to a turn, if not perfectly close to it. That being said it still stuck in my grinder (sticky resinous shit!) but it ground up nicely and rolled fine.

I would definitely get this strain again. And again and again and again. i think if this strain is grown correctly, dried, cured, etc. the taste alone makes it a worth while purchase.

As far as effects go, probably in my top 25 strains for effect.
    As far as taste, probably top 10, maybe even top 5. definitely been top 3 for just the last 6 months.

6. another great review, IMO!
    well written, not too short, lots of good info!

keep it up!

7. I dont grow but i plan to this year. I love this thread so much. every strain i grow shall go on this thread. cant wait for more reviews.:D

8. Great thread...smoke reports seldomly deliver as much information as I like, but you got a good thing goin´on here. :) Especially love that quite some Dutch Passion Strains have been done as I got a strawberry cough that´s about to go down and it´s good to read you ppl are mostly happy with their products. :smoke:

Take care,
    ~Reggie

9. This is an exellent thread...............Is it just me or does everyone hear the "Troy McClure" voice when you read one of Troy's posts?
    peace B

10. I would review the original Durban Poison plant from Durban (proper genetics). But they never came from a seed bank, just a professional grower I used to get from.

However I am starting growing, so i'll start reviewing those ones when they come :)

Good thread buddy. Fantastic reviews on here

11. Although I believe its a great idea to label the type of high's that each strain receives; I believe the method that it was grown affects the taste/visual appeal enough to make this description completely different.

12. #92 tripleoptic, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2011

ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: White Russian
    BREEDER: Serious Seeds

Serious Seeds White Russian Feminized yield very powerful buds, coated with resin. White Russian is very strong, long lasting high, more cerebral than a knockout. Serious Seeds White Russian is a medicinal plant. These cannabis seeds can produce plants that are fantastic in both appearance, and effect. One of the most typically indica strains, White Russian Feminized is a stable cross of AK-47 and White Widow (a prize winning indica clone). Medium height, consistent plants and dense, very resinous flower tops (crystals appear after about 5 weeks of flowering). With such a strong indica background, the plants smell quite strong during both their growth and flowering period.

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER:
    Tripleoptic

SMOKER TYPE: Daily

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: None

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: Pipes and edibles.

FAMILIARITY: Smoked/Eaten about 1.5 oz worth.

REVIEW

BUZZ: 9/10 After about 2 hits I usually put it down and forget that I even packed a bowl. Generally I'd catch a buzz from 3-5 hours from this strain. If you eat it, it comes on really strong and keeps you there for a few hours (5+).

HIGH: 9/10 It's marketed as an indica but it doesn't really knock you out, it's pretty mind expanding more so than a lot of other indicas that I've tried.

TASTE: 5/10 No real taste to speak of, maybe a bit of armpit or something.

POTENCY: 9/10 Eye bleedingly potent.

SUMMARY: 8/10 I'm knocking a point off the overall for the not so great taste/smell. It smells and tastes a bit like someone's armpit but the buzz is so good that it's worth dealing with the less than ideal taste. Decent yield, I got about an oz and a half off of one of them. I will definitely be growing it again.

13. This thread is the shit!! I'll post as soon as I get through the next batch....

14. ABOUT THE STRAIN

NAME: Super Lemon Haze
    BREEDER: GHS

The Super Lemon Haze has won the 2008 High Times Cannabis Cup with a landslide of votes. Between the many reasons: its incredibly intense lemony flavour, with a strong haze background. It’s a sharp and intense taste, which reminds of lemon, lime and pink grapefruit, followed by a very earthy and musky haze aftertaste, with traces of incense and black pepper.
    The effect is very balanced; it starts with a quick indica-hit feeling that softly moves to a very strong high, with a social and creative side.
    The Super Lemon Haze is a very smooth compromise between the great qualities of its parents. It has 9-10 weeks flowering time, and a very typical Christmas tree shape. Plants tend to grow quite tall, but the internodes are not too far apart, and allow easy topping. The leaves are very sativa-like, while bud formation comes dense and has a high calyx-to-leaf ratio.
    The Super Lemon Haze is very effective both indoors and outdoors, and responds very well to high-EC hydro systems as well as organic soil setups. When cultivated in soil, the spectrum of terpens is more developed and gives an extra lemony flavour.
    The THC is high at over 22%, ensuring a very psychedelic experience to even the most experienced smokers.

ABOUT THE SMOKER

REVIEWER: Looket

SMOKER TYPE: Vacation smoker, if I have 4 weeks or more free

SMOKER's PREFERENCE: Sativa with little bit Indica high

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: Joints and Vaporizer

FAMILIARITY: Smoked every day for 1.5 month

REVIEW

BUZZ: 8/10 At first you feel a tingly sensation in your body and I usually end up dancing to music, kinda retarded.. After a few more hits your head starts to feel very cloudy and trippy.. You don't wanna smoke one joint alone! My friend learned that the hard way!

HIGH: 9/10 It hits you first in your body.. you feel a bit more relaxed and you feel a lot more happy. Everything just seems so great but you don't feel stoned or high.. After 5-10min it really hits you, a very cerebral high and social high. You'll sit with your friends and just talk a lot and play video games all night and laugh away. If smoked a lot it can be trippy and it will put you too sleep. Longlasting high, about 2 hours.

TASTE: 10/10 Best taste I've ever had from any weed. The lemon/lime taste is crazy intense.. If cured right it will smell like heaven. Had a few seasoned tokers over for a try and they were amazed by the lemony taste. The aftertaste is somewhat earthy/pepper.. But the lemon/lime is really the highlight!

POTENCY: 9/10 If you like sativa highs then you wont get dissapointed.

SUMMARY: 9/10 Probably a lot of people have tried this weed and that's why I choosed to give this a go. And it wont let you down. The flower time is about 11-12 weeks. The site says 9-10 weeks and you can harvest it after 10 but I think the extra 2 weeks gives it more potency.

As when it comed too the high, me and my closest friends really prefer the cerebral high when you talk a lot and laugh.. And that is what this is all about. I have some really funny nights were friends got totally smoked out and laughing hysterically.. Really good for going out and drinking some alcohol.. But you get really red eyes! Also you can smoke till you pass out, if you want. Really no paranoia

So if you like sativa you have to try this one! If you like indica you'll probably won't like it cus there is almost no body high..

Sidenote, I also baked brownies with this weed from a guide from this website and for me it really made this weed to what i hoped for. I got a really cerebral high which incredibly lasted for 5 hours..

15. i'm so mad at myself for not growing super lemon haze in my last grow.. stupid stupid me.
    now i have a years of supply weed and i wasnt planning on growing anything for a year, but i really want this SHL!!

16. did you grow that SLH? i cant wait for mine to be done

17. Yepp i grew it.. Fairly easy to grow, was my first grow.. Streched a lot when I switched to 12/12 and could grow a couple of centimeters in one night, crazy..

But the yield was surprisingly good for a sativa, got about 50g from one plant..
    Got the seeds from GHS.. Every seed sprouted! 4 weeks 18/6 + 11 weeks 12/12

18. This is an awesome thread.

The best reviews should be stickied in a closed thread that can be added too. imo

Makes me want to grow the SLH. I just cant stand the thought of it taking 3+ months to finish. Ill prolly just buy a single feminized.

19. yeah thats what i did... bought a single fem seed and grew it out.

gonna wait until its cured more until i do my reviews plus i wanna smoke more of them all... theyve been in jars 2.5 weeks and the lemony smell is starting to really come out and the strains are actually starting to taste good.